Method Squirt+Mop Almond Hardwood Floor Cleaner Refill
Last updated date: May 8, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Mopping Solutions and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Mopping Solution you should buy.
Best used on hardwood and laminate flooring, this almond floor cleaner is plant-based and fully biodegradable. The formula can be sprayed directly on floors and doesn't require any rinsing afterward. Homeowners will love the natural almond scent, which isn't overpowering. In our analysis of 35 expert reviews, the Method Method Squirt+Mop Almond Floor Cleaner placed 5th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note May 8, 2020:
Checkout The Best Mopping Solution for a detailed review of all the top mopping solutions.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
We used to reserve our floor cleaning for very special occasions—like limbo night or the queen’s visit. But this biodegradable no-wax wood floor cleaner turns a chore into an almond-scented delight. Just squirt, mop and bask in the glow of a gleaming clean. Formulated for sealed hardwood and laminate floors.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Mopping Solutions
Whether you only need to mop your bathroom and kitchen floors or all the floors in your home, you’ll want to purchase a quality mopping solution to get the job done right. With so many cleaning products on the market, it can be hard to narrow down the choices to select the best mopping solution. Read this guide for help in determining what features work best for you and your family.
Do you have small children or pets in the home that spend a great deal of time playing on the floors? If so, you’ll want to opt for a plant-based mopping solution, like the Better Life Citrus Mint Natural Floor Cleaner. The product is free from harsh chemicals, such as alcohol, petroleum solvents and artificial fragrances. Instead, the cleaning agents come from natural corn and coconut and the fragrances come from plant extracts.
In addition to searching for a mopping solution with cleaning power, it’s also a good idea to look for one that can deodorize as well. For example, the Mop & Glo Multi-Surface Floor Cleaner breaks through tough grease and grime while also replacing unpleasant odors with the fresh scent of citrus. Other solutions come with a lavender smell if that is more your taste.
Certain mopping solutions are designed to do much more than just clean and deodorize your floors. The Favor 3-In-1 Floor Cleaner shines, restores and protects floors. That means you’ll get some extra help keeping spills and scratches from damaging floors. The floors will also be left with a beautiful shine after mopping, which is much more attractive than a floor with a dull appearance.
If you don’t like the idea of having a bunch of separate cleaners, you can go with a product like the Pine-Sol Commercial Solutions Lavender Liquid Cleaner, which is a multi-purpose cleaner that can be used for a variety of cleaning projects. You can use it to mop your floors, disinfect your bathroom sink, toilet and shower or wipe down your outdoor trash cans.
DWYM Fun Fact
Before the 19th century, most households had hard earth floors. It wasn’t until Frederick Walton invented linoleum flooring in 1860 that cleaning with a mop became more necessary. That led Thomas W. Stewart to create a mop made out of yarn in 1893.
Over the years, the design of mops has continued to improve for more ease of use and better cleaning power. In 1950, Peter Vosbikian introduced a lighter sponge mop. Today, when you want to clean your floors, you have the option of purchasing everything from a traditionally designed mop to a battery-powered mop with disposable pads.
The Mopping Solution Buying Guide
- Check to see if the mopping solution has a strong odor if you are sensitive to fragrances.
- You may be able to use the mopping solution to clean other areas of your home as well. Some work well at removing grease from stoves or grime from outdoor trash cans.
- Reviewers say some mopping solutions leave behind a white film. If this happens, you’ll need to rinse the floors with water afterward.
- It’s good practice to test the cleaning solution on a small area of your flooring before you use it on the entire floor. This way, if the product causes dulling or discoloration you wouldn’t have ruined the entire floor.
- Always check that the mopping solution is safe to use on your specific type of flooring. Some solutions are not safe for use with unfinished, waxed, oiled or worn wood flooring.
- The best way to clean your floors is to apply the mopping solution in an S pattern in a 3 foot by 3-foot area. Continue working in sections until you have finished the entire floor.
- Store the mopping solution in a cool dry location that is out of the reach of children and small pets.
- Review the container’s plastic classification, as some bottles are recyclable and others are not. You want to responsibly dispose of the container after you’ve used up all of the solution.
- Wear rubber gloves when working with the mopping solution if you have sensitive skin.
- Divide the total cost of the mopping solution by the number of fluid ounces you’re getting for the price. This is the figure you’ll need to review when considering the price. After making this calculation, you’ll discover the Pine-Sol Commercial Solutions Lavender Liquid Cleaner is among the most affordable. The Favor 3-In-1 Floor Cleaner is moderately priced, while the Better Life Citrus Mint Natural Floor Cleaner and the Mop & Glo Multi-Surface Floor Cleaner are among the most expensive.