Metene Forehead Thermometer Infrared Suitable
Last updated: August 6, 2019
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Baby Thermometers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Baby Thermometer you should buy.
In our analysis of 77 expert reviews, the Metene Forehead Thermometer Infrared Suitable placed 8th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
FOREHEAD AND EAR MODE: Free to switch the detection mode from Forehead to Ear which is the easiest and most practical way to take temperature. ACCURACY and RELIABILITY: Equipped with the most advanced medical infrared technology for accuracy and reliability. Recommended by experts following its vigorous tests to confirm its consistency and reliability. MEMORY RECALL: Thermometer can store and recall up to 20 readings for baby and adults, available to help you track the trend of body temperature FAST AND ACCURATE READINGS: With 2 buttons Head and Ear,provides fast clinical accurate instant temperature within 1 second and precise reading. A loud beep will notify you it is done. MONEY BACK GUARANTEE AND WARRANTY: for 12 months after the day of purchase, we take care of all related quality issue with a free replacement or full refund.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Baby Thermometer Rankings
Nothing is sweeter than your baby’s smile, but it’s dreadful when giggles and grins give way to feverish crying. Infants can’t speak up to tell you what’s wrong, and even toddlers have trouble expressing what’s going on with their bodies. Parents need an objective opinion on what’s happening. A baby thermometer can play that role when you’re not sure what to do next.
Taking a baby’s temperature used to be uncomfortable, unpleasant work. Fortunately, today’s thermometers read your baby’s body temperature in seconds from their ear or forehead. The vast majority have digital screens for easy reading, and thanks to infrared technology, they’re more accurate than ever before. Some thermometers even keep track of the last 10-20 readings, so you can see the changes in your baby’s temperature history right on the screen.
High-tech options like fever alarms and color-coded screens are just a few of the modern features you can expect from baby thermometers. There’s plenty to take into consideration before you buy one for your family, though. Our Tips & Advice can help you decide which thermometer belongs in your digital checkout cart.
- Accuracy is by far the most important factor when you’re buying a baby thermometer. If the temperature reading isn’t spot on, you’re just holding a useless piece of plastic in your hand. Busy parents don’t have time to wade through online reviews hunting for the most accurate baby thermometer, but we do. All of our top picks received high marks for accuracy.
- The days of rectal thermometers are (thankfully) in the past. New thermometers can read your baby’s temperature from their forehead, ear or both. Your baby will probably be extra fussy when they’re not feeling well. You know your child better than anyone else — you’ll know if they feel comfortable using an ear thermometer, or if they’d prefer a forehead reading.
- Dual thermometers should give the same reading in your baby’s ear as they do on your baby’s forehead. If both numbers are accurate and don’t change from ear to forehead, you’ve got a quality thermometer. The LPOW Baby Thermometer is known across the web for its reliable, consistent ear and forehead readings.
- A hygienic thermometer is a safe thermometer. You’ll need a baby thermometer that’s easy to clean and has disposable ear tips, especially if you’re using it on more than one sick kiddo. Models with disposable lens filters are great. Just pop on a fresh one every time you take your child’s temperature for a hygienic, accurate reading that won’t cross-contaminate with other kids. You can clean the surfaces and tips of our other top thermometers in a few seconds with an alcohol wipe.
- A fussy baby won’t sit still for long when they’re feverish. The ideal baby thermometer has an instant readout, so you won’t have to hold it to your baby’s forehead or place it in their ear and wait while they wail. The SANPU Baby Thermometer will give you an accurate reading in as little as three seconds.
- Make sure that the thermometer you chose is age-appropriate for your baby. Most can be used for babies of all ages in forehead mode, but some require you to wait until your child is six months or older to use the ear mode.
- You also don’t want to be messing around with complicated controls when you’re trying to see if your child has a fever. The Mosen Baby Thermometer has a single button for simple readouts.
- If you can’t read your baby’s temperature on your thermometer’s digital screen, you’re wasting your time. The simplife Baby Forehead Thermometer has a backlit display for reading temperatures in dark rooms while your baby naps.
- Some thermometers make it easier than ever to tell when your child’s running hot. Some models turn red when your kid’s temperature is over 99.6 degrees Fahrenheit. Other models beep loudly when your child has a fever.
- The flip side of beeping fever alerts is that they may wake up your baby when you’re trying to be stealthy during nap time. To avoid this look for a model with a thoughtful silent mode for accurate readings without waking up your child.
- Getting a real-time read on your baby’s temperature is crucial, but tracking their temperature changes throughout the day will give you an even better look at their health. There are models that save the last 20 temperature readings you’ve taken, so you can see if your baby’s fever is going up or down as time passes.
- Thermometers in the United States rely on Fahrenheit temperature readings, but if you’re shopping abroad, you’ll want one that also gives readings in Celsius. The LPOW Baby Thermometer provides both Fahrenheit and Celsius temperatures.
- Little ones aren’t too fond of tolerating cold thermometer tips when you’re taking their temperature through their ear. Some models let you pre-warm the tip before you put it in your baby’s ear. This makes the entire process more comfortable for your baby.
- Read all instructions carefully before you first use your new thermometer. Some models need time to calibrate or charge before they’re ready to take your kid’s temperature.
- Check and see if there are any accessories you need to buy to get the most out of your new thermometer. Some thermometers come with a soft carrying pouch for travel, as well as a hard case if you want extra protection.
- Our top picks for baby thermometers all run on batteries. Take a look at the product descriptions and see what kind and how many batteries you’ll need. The SANPU Baby Thermometer takes three AAA batteries, while other models use two AA batteries.
- When you’re investing in a thermometer for your family’s health, you’ll need to factor in any extra maintenance costs. For example, some models use disposable filters for ear temperature readings. Poke around online to see how much those will set you back.
- Some of these thermometers are more than a one-trick pony. There are thermometers that double as a room thermometer and triple as a thermometer for milk or formula. It adds to the thermometer’s value and helps you keep your child, their food and their environment at a healthy temperature.