Melissa & Doug Wooden Toy Chest
Last updated date: May 10, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Toy Storage and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Toy Storage you should buy.
Update as June 2, 2021:
Checkout The Best Toy Storage for a detailed review of all the top toy storage.
In our analysis of 11 expert reviews, the Melissa & Doug Wooden Toy Chest placed 2nd when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Sturdy wooden toy chest: Our testing goes above and beyond the industry standard to ensure safety and durability. This toy chest received a weight rating of 81 pounds, which means it had to pass testing to hold three times that amount. Safety-hinged lid: Our toy chest for kids includes a safety-hinged lid that opens and closes easily. This design not only improves durability but also helps to protect children from injury. 4.5-cubic feet of easy storage: Melissa & doug wooden toy chests are designed to provide a handy organizational solution with their ample 4.5-cubic feet of storage space to tuck away all those toys and stuffed animals. Great gift for new parents: Our toy chest makes a great gift for new homeowners or soon-to-be parents. Add the Deluxe Wooden Multi-Activity Table as another storage solution and a space where kids can enjoy hands-on, screen-free play. The gold standard in childhood play: for more than 30 years, Melissa & Doug has created beautifully designed imagination- and creativity-sparking products that nbc news called “the gold standard in early childhood play.” 100 percent happiness guarantee: We design every toy to the highest quality standards, and to nurture minds and hearts; if your child is not inspired, give us a call and we'll make it right; our phone number is on every product.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Toy Storage
An effective toy storage system can help keep your child’s room cleaner and make it easier to organize toys and find them later for play. You can find a variety of options that range from simple storage boxes to complex cube organizers. Ultimately, the best toy organizers will depend on the types and numbers of items you plan to store, the need for accessibility and any design preferences for the room.
If you’re looking for a simple solution that can hold a variety of toys for easy cleanup — and you’re not worried about separating the items — then a traditional toy box with or without a lid might suit your needs. You can find a variety of styles that range from plain wooden boxes to creative chests shaped like different objects, engraved with your kid’s name or painted with a favorite character.
For items like stuffed animals that you want to keep off the floor, you might look into hanging storage options. A simple toy net can hold plenty of stuffed animals and will hang from the ceiling. You can also find hanging organizers for the wall with plenty of pockets for small and light toys.
When you want a more elaborate storage system, then you can find organizers that might hold several cloth or plastic storage cubes or boxes and can have several rows. Such systems work great for grouping toys by type and making it easy to find and grab a specific item. Some organizers have angled toy drawers of various sizes for flexibility and easy viewing of the contents, while others may feature a few pull-out drawers and have a flat surface on top to fit other items.
If you seek versatility, you can also organize toys in simple items like baskets, plastic storage bins or cloth cubes. These options can be easier to move around the house if you have a few toys you want your child to play with in another room.
The Toy Storage Buying Guide
- When using a toy storage system with drawers or boxes that you or your child would need to pull out, putting some labels on the front can make it easier to remember what’s inside. You might use picture labels for young children along with text labels.
- If you purchase a taller toy organizer that sits against a wall, make sure to install any safety brackets to prevent accidents that can happen if the furniture tips over.
- Opting for open storage solutions such as baskets or a lidless toy box can make putting toys away easier for your child since they won’t have to try to deal with lids or latches.
- If you find that space gets cramped in toy boxes, drawers or shelves, try getting rid of unnecessary boxes that came with the toys. When doing this, you might put the toys and any loose parts in large zipper bags to prevent the items from getting separated or lost.
- Check for a weight capacity on toy storage containers to make sure you don’t overfill them and aim to keep the containers on the light side. Not only will they be easier for you and your child to move, but containers will have less of a chance of breaking down this way.
- When considering the colors for toy storage, you might find it a good rule of thumb to choose more colorful and creative solutions for your kid’s room and more neutral colors like white, brown or black for other places in the house.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide