Melissa & Doug Vehicles Easy-Grab Peg Toddler Puzzle
Last updated date: October 20, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Toddler Puzzles and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Toddler Puzzle you should buy.
Update as August 16, 2021:
Checkout The Best Toddler Puzzle for a detailed review of all the top toddler puzzles.
This vehicle-themed toddler puzzle is made with durable construction, so it's perfect for toddlers. The pieces have small pegs, making them easy to grasp and move around. And each puzzle piece has a matching picture beneath it, which helps toddlers complete the puzzle.
In our analysis of 11 expert reviews, the Melissa & Doug Vehicles Easy-Grab Peg Toddler Puzzle placed 3rd when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Eight big pegged pieces make this the ideal first puzzle! The bright, cheerful artwork features a collection of favorite vehicles in the air, land, and sea. Each one has its own illustrated well in the sturdy wooden puzzle board, encouraging young children to match the pictures, maneuver the pieces, and build important fine-motor and cognitive skills through play. This wooden toddler puzzle is made from extra-thick, high-quality wooden materials, with easy-to-grasp pegs. The Melissa & Doug Vehicles Wooden Peg Puzzle makes an exceptional gift for kids 12 months and up. Add the Melissa & Doug First Shapes Jumbo Knob Puzzle to round out the hands-on, screen-free play experience. For more than 30 years, Melissa & Doug has created beautifully designed imagination- and creativity-sparking products that NBC News called “the gold standard in early childhood play.” Today, Melissa & Doug is proudly partnering with the American Academy of Pediatrics to foster early brain development and help children build important life skills through play.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Toddler Puzzles
A puzzle is a fun activity for kids and adults alike. It consists of small puzzle pieces that interlock with one another to make a large picture. Each piece of the puzzle includes a small portion of the picture. Kids have to figure out where each piece goes in the puzzle in order to see the whole scene.
Often, toddler puzzles contain pictures of popular cartoons, letters and numbers, animals, shapes and other familiar items they love.
Puzzles are more than just an activity. They also provide an educational experience for toddlers and help them develop concentration skills. At 2 years old, most toddlers can only focus on an activity for a few minutes at a time. However, if they are engaged in an age-appropriate puzzle that only rewards them with the full picture once all the pieces are assembled, they are more likely to flex their concentration muscles.
In addition to building their focus skills, toddlers improve their spatial awareness when playing with puzzles, as they learn about different shapes and how they fit together. They also learn the relationships between different puzzle pieces and what happens if the pieces are flipped or rotated.
Fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination are also greatly improved when toddlers work on puzzles. Toddlers strengthen their ability to make small movements with their fingers, hands and wrists as they grasp puzzle pieces, turn them around and fit them together.
It can be tempting to help kids fit the puzzle pieces together, but it’s more effective to let them independently explore these actions. This way, they can also learn how to coordinate their own movements with what they see.
The Toddler Puzzle Buying Guide
- One of the most important things to consider when buying a toddler puzzle is the image. You want to make sure that it is something your toddler will be interested in — otherwise, they may not be engaged in the puzzle. There are a number of different images on toddler puzzles, including animals, vehicles, shapes, weather and more.
- Size is an important factor to consider because your toddler needs to be able to grasp the puzzle pieces with ease. If they are too small and flimsy, your toddler may get easily frustrated and not enjoy the activity. Chunky puzzles that are made out of wood or a thick cardboard are best for little fingers. Many toddler puzzle pieces have small pegs attached to each piece, making it even easier to pick them up and move them around.
- As every parent knows, kids are experts at dropping things, banging them around and sliding them on the floor. That’s why durability is important in a toddler puzzle. You don’t want the puzzle to break, shatter or splinter while your toddler is enjoying it.
- For many parents, investing in educational toys is vital. While all toddler puzzles are educational for kids and help them develop new physical and mental skills, you can focus on a specific type of skill with each kind of puzzle. For example, if you want to work on the alphabet with your toddler, opt for one that includes letters. If you want to help them learn the names of shapes or colors, choose one that includes those.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide