Melissa & Doug Plastic Jenna Baby Doll, 12-Inch
Last updated date: February 22, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Baby Dolls For 5 Year Old Girls and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Baby Doll For 5 Year Old Girls you should buy.
Editor's Note February 22, 2021:
Checkout The Best Baby Dolls For 5 Year Old Girls for a detailed review of all the top baby dolls for 5 year old girls.
This baby doll is not only soft to the touch, but she can open and close her eyes and suck her thumb or pacifier. The bonnet and onesie are removable for easy cleanup. The size is only 12 inches, making her perfect for 5-year-olds to maneuver.
In our analysis of 7 expert reviews, the Melissa & Doug Melissa & Doug Plastic Jenna Baby Doll, 12-Inch placed 1st when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
BEAUTIFUL BABY DOLL: The Melissa & Doug Mine to Love Jenna 12-Inch Soft Body Baby Doll features eyes that open and close and sweet baby cheeks; additionally, she can suck her thumb or pacifier. IDEAL SIZE FOR TODDLERS: Our Melissa & Doug Mine to Love baby is 12-inches long, which makes her a great size for toddlers 18 months and up to hug, cuddle, and care for. MULTIPLE HANDY FEATURES: Our Jenna baby doll features wipe-clean arms, a removable smocked romper and matching cap. She closes her bright blue eyes as she is rocked to sleep. GREAT GIFT FOR 18 MONTHS AND UP: The Mine to Love Jenna Soft Body Baby Doll makes a great gift for toddlers 18 months and up. Add the Melissa & Doug Baby Food and Bottle set to round out the hands-on, baby care experience. “THE GOLD STANDARD IN CHILDHOOD PLAY”: For more than 30 years, Melissa & Doug has created beautifully designed imagination- and creativity-sparking products that NBC News calls “the gold standard in early childhood play.” 100% HAPPINESS GUARANTEE: We design every toy to the highest-quality standards, and to nurture minds and hearts. If your child is not inspired, give us a call and we'll make it right. Our phone number is on every product.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Baby Dolls For 5 Year Old Girls
Baby dolls have come a long way in recent years, with a lifelike look and feel. You can even find dolls with realistic animations like thumb sucking and eye opening and closing.
But before you buy a baby doll for your 5-year-old girl, it’s important to look at the benefits of playing with dolls in the first place. For children, it can help them develop their caretaking skills, giving them an early introduction to the joys of nurturing.
Parents may also find that lifelike baby dolls are a great way for a young child to get comfortable with the idea of having a younger brother or sister. But you have more options than ever when it comes to the type of doll. Some feature realistic skin creases and dimples while others even have that baby smell.
Ethnicities are also part of the choice. While most dolls are still white, there are now other options. You may also have to search a little harder to find a boy doll since girl dolls tend to rule store shelves.
Lastly, there are the accessories. Most baby dolls come with a onesie, but in some cases, you’ll get a matching hat, blanket and/or booties. If your doll comes with those items, make sure they’re machine washable and, in the case of clothing, that they can be removed.
The Baby Doll For 5 Year Old Girls Buying Guide
- Baby dolls are likely to get dirty with excessive play. Make sure you choose one that can be easily cleaned with a wet cloth.
- Skin texture is essential to getting that lifelike experience. Check the texture of the doll’s skin. Some have creases and dimples to really bring them to life.
- You’ll find some baby dolls have limbs that bend. This comes in very handy when changing clothes.
- Many baby dolls have neutral expressions for a reason. A defined expression makes it tougher for a child to interpret what they think the baby is feeling.
- The size of the doll is important. Many are 11 or 12 inches, which is a great size for 5-year-olds.
- Choosing a doll for a child relies heavily on the personal preferences of that particular person. Consider what you know about the child and use your natural instincts to choose one that’s the right fit.
- At the age of 5, a child is getting a little more sophisticated in doll play. A realistic doll can be especially valuable to a child of that age.
- Before you buy, check to see if you can buy extra clothing and accessories for the doll. Chances are, your child will eventually tire of the items included with the doll and want to change things up.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide