Melissa & Doug Dust, Sweep & Mop Broom Set
Last updated date: March 22, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Toddler Gifts and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Toddler Gift you should buy.
Editor's Note March 15, 2021:
Checkout The Best Toddler Gifts for a detailed review of all the top toddler gifts.
Kids love imitating their parents, and will be happy to have their own versions of the real thing. This set includes a realistic duster, broom, mop and brush with a stand. Kids can use these toys for pretend play or helping mom and dad.
In our analysis, the Melissa & Doug Melissa & Doug Dust, Sweep & Mop Broom Set placed 3rd when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Inspires hours of pretend play: We developed the Dust Sweep, Mop; Pretend play set to motivate your child to model independence and use their imagination to have fun; Each cleaning tool gives them an imagined role and pretend task to try. Realistic wooden cleaning toys: This colorful, kid-sized set looks just like the real thing and includes a wooden pretend play broom, mop, duster, brush, and organizing stand. The red dustpan conveniently clips into all handles. Builds skills and confidence: This skill-building and confidence-boosting set is designed to strengthen and embolden your child's sense of purpose. Each pretend play tool helps them develop coordination and fine motor skills. Comes in "Frustration-free packaging," intended to be easier to open and reduce waste. Great for ages 3-6: Our kid-tested and timeless toys make great gifts for encouraging screen-free, hands-on, and open-ended play. These toys are designed for kids to come back to again and again as they discover new possibilities. The gold standard in childhood play: for more than 30 years, Melissa & Doug has created beautifully designed imagination- and creativity-sparking products that NBC news called “the gold standard in early childhood play.” 100 percent happiness guarantee: We design every toy to the highest quality standards, and to nurture minds and hearts; if your child is not inspired, give us a call and we'll make it right; our phone number is on every product.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Toddler Gifts
Toddlers have exciting and busy lives. Every day feels like an adventure, where they get to explore something fun and new. Getting a gift for your toddler is a good way to help them learn new skills, explore their imagination and unleash their creativity.
The best kinds of toddler toys are ones that are open-ended can be used in multiple games. Toddlers have wild imaginations and love using toys in different ways. A flexible and multi-purpose toy offers them the ability to incorporate the toy in different ways into their play. For example, a mop and broom set is a fun way to imitate mom or dad as they clean, but they can also be used as pretend swords during an epic battle between two knights. A musical keyboard mat is fun to play songs on with their feet, but they can also use it to have dancing competitions with their siblings and family.
Be sure to look at whether the toddler gift you’re choosing will grow with them. For example, will they still show interest in the toy a year from now or is it something they will only be able to play with for a couple of months? Toddlers grow quickly and so do their interests, so see whether the gift will appeal to them as their interests change.
The Toddler Gift Buying Guide
- Many toddlers have very strong opinions about what they like and don’t like, even if those things change frequently. It’s important to encourage their interests with your toddler gifts so they can learn new skills and gain confidence in their abilities. For example, if you have a toddler who loves to color, consider getting them a large doodle mat that uses water-filled markers. This way, they have a new artistic medium to try out and explore.
- A big part of toddler life involves imaginative play. Toddlers love coming up with different scenarios, acting in them and involving their toys in them. A classic sit-and-spin toy is a fun way for toddlers to practice their balance, but they can also use it to pretend they are sitting in a spaceship and exploring alien planets. They can also pretend it’s a rollercoaster ride in their favorite park. Prompting kids with suggestions about their imaginative play can help them learn new ideas and create new stories. For example, you can ask questions like, “Where is your spaceship going?” or “Do you like this ride?”
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide