MedSlant Acid Reflux Wedge Pillow
Last updated date: February 4, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Wedge Pillows and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Wedge Pillow you should buy.
Editor's Note October 27, 2020:
Checkout The Best Wedge Pillow for a detailed review of all the top wedge pillows.
The MedSlant Acid Reflux Wedge Pillow uses the power of gravity to keep acid down and your airways open. It has a removable and washable cover and folds for travel. It is less affordable than other wedge pillows.
In our analysis of 93 expert reviews, the MedSlant MedSlant Acid Reflux Wedge Pillow placed 1st when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
All our pillows are made in the USA and conform to the highest possible standards for quality and safety. No PBDEs, TDCPP or TCEP ( Tris ) flame retardants No mercury, lead, and other heavy metals No formaldehyde No phthalates (as regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission) No ozone depleters Low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) emissions for indoor air quality Remember, you don’t have to be all the way at the top of a wedge to enjoy the benefits of elevated sleep; just make sure the bottom comes at least to your waist so you don’t make yourself bend or fold in the middle and put extra pressure on your stomach. Place your own pillow on top of the wedge if you like. All MedSlant pillow covers are removable and washable in warm water, tumble dry low. About Medslant I was diagnosed with acid reflux disease in 1999 and told to sleep on a wedge pillow that was long enough to support me through the torso. When I asked where to get it, the reply was "I don’t know." After several days of research, here’s what I learned: EVERY AUTHORITY HAD THE SAME SUGGESTIONS: sleep with your head elevated 6-8 inches make sure your ENTIRE upper torso is supported on an angle avoid certain foods Methodically I began the hunt for a wedge pillow. I felt like Goldilocks. This one was too uncomfortable. Too inconvenient. Too expensive. But none if them was right. I need to be supported through the entire torso - and I couldn't find what I needed. So I did what any inspired sufferer would do, invented my own! Now I had a pillow that fully supported me, was comfortable and even folded for storage. And I am happy to make these same pillows available here for you. Adele
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Wedge Pillows
If you’re having trouble sleeping because you just can’t seem to get comfortable, then it might be time to investigate the problem. Often, our beds and pillows are too flat and don’t provide enough support for certain areas, like our legs, back and neck. As a result, a wedge pillow may be the solution to help you get a good night’s rest.
A wedge pillow offers an extra layer of comfort. The kind of wedge pillow you need, and it’s shape and size, will depend on what kind of discomfort you’re in at night. For example, if you’re having heartburn, you may require a wedge pillow that helps you stay more upright at night. On the other hand, if you’re getting varicose veins in your legs, you may need a wedge pillow that helps you elevate them during rest. There are many different kinds of wedge pillows available, and each can be used in different positions in bed. When selecting your wedge pillow, it’s best to consult a medical professional so you pick the one that will help you relieve your symptoms, not exacerbate them.
In order to treat upper-body conditions, such as heartburn, lung congestion and head congestion, you need to first remove your regular pillow from the head of the bed. This is where your new wedge pillow will go. Keep the pillow as upright as possible to alleviate your symptoms. If you don’t need as sharp an incline, you can turn the pillow so the narrowest side goes under your body. This will still raise you up, but not to the extent of the widest side.
For lower-body symptoms, such as swollen feet, back pain, varicose veins or tired legs, place your wedge pillow under your knees. Your wedge pillow should be placed on a flat surface like your bed sheet, not on top of a bumpy blanket which makes it uneven. This can also cause it to move in the night while you sleep.
The Wedge Pillow Buying Guide
- One of the most important aspects to consider when purchasing your bed pillow is its intended use. It’s important to select the pillow that is designed to be used in the way that you need it. For example, if you need a pillow to help elevate your upper body when you sleep, then it’s not wise to select a pillow that is designed to elevate the knees. Doing this may cause you additional discomfort.
- The MedSlant Acid Reflux Wedge Pillow is designed specifically to be used to elevate your upper body. On the other hand, the Cushy Form Elevating Leg Rest Pillow is for raising your lower body. The Brentwood Home Zuma Therapeutic Wedge Pillow and the HealthSmart DMI Wedge Pillow can both be used for either upper or lower body support due to their gradual slope.
- The kind of material your wedge pillow is made out of will affect how comfortable it is. You may need firm support or softer support, so it’s important to check the kind of material your wedge pillow is comprised of. The MedSlant Acid Reflux Wedge Pillow is made out of memory foam, as is the Cushy Form Elevating Leg Rest Pillow. The Brentwood Home Zuma Therapeutic Wedge Pillow is made out of therapeutic foam, while the HealthSmart DMI Wedge Pillow is made out of is made out of high-density foam.
- If you like the feeling of sleeping in a bed with clean sheets, then you’ll want to make sure your wedge pillow has a washable cover. Having the freedom to clean your wedge pillow cover in the washing machine provides an extra level of comfort, as you don’t have to worry about getting it dirty. The MedSlant Acid Reflux Wedge Pillow, the Cushy Form Elevating Leg Rest Pillow, the Brentwood Home Zuma Therapeutic Wedge Pillow and the HealthSmart DMI Wedge Pillow all come with removable and washable covers.
- It’s important that your wedge pillow be easy to move around with you if you travel or need to sleep elsewhere. Wedge pillows that have portability in mind provide you with comfort wherever you go. The MedSlant Acid Reflux Wedge Pillow can actually be folded, so it is easy to store or take with you when you travel.
- Depending on your height and your physical needs, you may require a pillow that has a different incline. That’s why it’s nice to have the option to select the height that is right for you. The MedSlant Acid Reflux Wedge Pillow and the Cushy Form Elevating Leg Rest Pillow only come with one incline option. However, the Brentwood Home Zuma Therapeutic Wedge Pillow and the HealthSmart DMI Wedge Pillow are both available in three different incline heights: 7″, 10” and 12”.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide