MCS Wall Bath Mirror
Last updated date: July 13, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bath Mirrors and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bath Mirror you should buy.
Although this bath mirror looks great in a bathroom, its clean white design also makes it a good choice for a bedroom, powder room or home office. The mirror uses 4 D-ring hangers for effortless installation. Users are also given the choice of a vertical or horizontal installation. In our analysis of 41 expert reviews, the MCS MCS Wall Bath Mirror placed 1st when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note July 13, 2020:
Checkout The Best Bath Mirror for a detailed review of all the top bath mirrors.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
From The Manufacturer
This bright white wall mirror brings sophistication and style to any space in your home. The ridged frame brings depth and dimension to your wall. A perfect addition to your bedroom, living room or bathroom. Mirror frame profile is 3 inches wide. Mirror includes 1 inch beveled mirror. The back of the mirror is a kraft paper back and 4 attached D-rings for easy hanging. The mirror can hang either vertically or horizontally. Hang it in your entry way. Hang it in your living spaces. Hang it in your bathroom.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bath Mirrors
When it comes to spending time in front of a mirror, a survey shows men in America come in around 4.3 hours weekly with women spending as much as 6.2 hours weekly. This makes sense since individuals often use mirrors to assist with applying makeup, combing and styling hair and even brushing their teeth.
Knowing how important a bathroom mirror is to your routine, it’s a good idea to do your research before buying to make sure you’re getting the right model.
Review how easy or intricate the mirror is to install. Most models use 4 D-ring hangers, while others are a bit more complex. They involve the use of several tools, including a drill. Keep in mind that if the bath mirror is hard to install, it may also be hard to uninstall if you decide to upgrade the mirror later on.
Keep your preferred style in mind. You’ll find bath mirrors come in oval, square and rectangular shapes. If you go with a rectangular mirror, check to see whether it can be mounted vertically, horizontally or both. There are also mirrors with plastic molding, metal frames and even models that tilt.
Look for a bath mirror with a silver-backed glass or one with a solid MDF backboard, as these are designed to handle moist environments. Models without these elements will be prone to rust and corrosion.
Don’t forget to have the safety of yourself and your family in mind as you browse available bath mirrors. If you have small children, a mirror with rounded edges or a rubber rim is a good choice. Some companies use an 8-point safety inspection to ensure their mirror meets important industry standards.
DWYM Fun Fact
The Guinness World Records book lists the largest metal mirror as 72-inches. It was created by the third Earl of Rosse in Ireland back in 1845, however, it was recently restored in 1998. Here are a few more mirror fun facts:
- The earliest known mirrors were made from polished volcanic ash.
- In 1969, Apollo 11 astronauts left a panel on the moon equipped with 100 mirrors.
- If you stare at yourself in a mirror for 10 minutes or longer, you’ll begin to see an illusion.
- Acoustic mirrors don’t just reflect light, they also reflect sound.
The Bath Mirror Buying Guide
- Some bath mirrors are on the heavier side. It’s a good idea to secure these mirrors with a stud for added safety.
- You’ll want to clean your mirror regularly to prolong its life. To do this, use either a window cleaner or a mixture of vinegar and water. All you need is a light mist of your cleaning solution and a flat-weave microfiber cloth to get the mirror clean again. If the mirror has any dirt or grime on it, you can wipe that off with a cotton ball soaked in rubbing alcohol.
- Don’t use newspaper to wipe your mirror clean. It could leave behind residue from the newspaper’s ink.
- Style and construction play the biggest role in the pricing of bathroom mirrors. For example, the AmazonBasics Rectangular Bath Mirror is more basic, and therefore more affordable. You’ll pay a little more for the MCS Wall Bath Mirror and the Moen Glenshire Frameless Pivoting Bath Mirror, while the Hamilton Hills Contemporary Brushed Metal Bath Mirror comes in with the highest price tag.