MCS Minimalist Trendsetter 20 X 16-Inch Picture Frame
Last updated date: December 3, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top 20 x 16 Picture Frames and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best 20 x 16 Picture Frame you should buy.
Update as January 27, 2022:
Checkout The Best 20 x 16 Picture Frame for a detailed review of all the top 20 x 16 picture frames.
In our analysis, the MCS MCS Minimalist Trendsetter 20 X 16-Inch Picture Frame placed 7th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The MCS Trendsetter Frame is a simple and functional black frame that makes it easy to frame your posters, photographs, and finished puzzles. The Trendsetter line features a wide 1-inch frame for added stability and strength, as well as a shatterproof styrene face designed to prevent breakage during shipping and enhance safety during handling. For easy display, gently lift the attached flex tabs, remove the cardboard backing, insert your desired medium, reinsert the cardboard backing, and gently flatten the attached flex tabs. Attached to the back of each photo frame are hinged hangers for easy vertical or horizontal frame mounting. (Instructions included). The Trendsetter has become one of our top sellers over the years and will provide you the service and quality you expect from MCS frames. The minimalist contemporary design will never go out of style, and is always available for the right price.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On 20 X 16 Picture Frames
If you want to display a larger photo or piece of artwork, a picture frame that is 20 inches by 16 inches can work well. Not only does the frame offer protection from dust and damage, it can also add a bit of style to whatever you’re displaying.
You’ll often find 20 x 16 picture frames with moulding made of wood, plastic or metal. While wooden frames can offer a contemporary look, metal frames can appear more elegant and plastic frames offer a minimalistic look. If you’re looking for durability, metal and wooden frames usually perform better than plastic ones.
Regardless of the frame material you choose, you’ll find plenty of options for how wide the frame moulding is as well as which colors are available. If you’re looking for a minimalist frame, you might opt for one with very narrow moulding in a neutral color like black, white or brown. To emphasize the frame more, you can also go for one with a thicker moulding and bolder color that complement the image or art you’re hanging.
You’ll want to decide whether you want a 20 x 16 frame that includes a mat. Usually, you’ll opt for one when you’re displaying a smaller item than the frame since the mat will help showcase your photo better. You’ll most often find white mats included, and you’ll want to choose one that’s labeled as acid-free to avoid harming your art.
When looking for a 20 x 16 picture frame, you’ll also need to choose between one with a glass or acrylic cover. A glass cover offers a professional appearance and scratches less often, but it’s heavier and can present a safety risk if it breaks. On the other hand, an acrylic cover is lighter and doesn’t have the risk of shattering and causing injury. However, this material can scratch more easily and sometimes costs more than glass.
Also, make sure you choose a picture frame with an appropriate backing. You’ll often find foam and cardboard backings, but some frames use wood. If you choose a cardboard backing, consider opting for one that is acid-free and sturdy, such as matboard.
Consider how you’ll be hanging the 20 x 16 picture frame. Many frames already have hanging hardware attached to the back so you can hang the picture vertically, horizontally or both. However, others require that you install the hardware yourself, and this will mean extra work.
The 20 X 16 Picture Frame Buying Guide
- Before using your 20 x 16 picture frame, check if the cover has a plastic film over it for protection. You’ll want to carefully remove this before you insert your photo or artwork and hang the frame.
- Always measure the size of your picture before you go with a 20 x 16 frame. Also, don’t forget to check the frame’s specifications and add space to your image size if you’re going with a matted frame.
- Hanging larger picture frames can get tricky, so do some preparation for the best results. While lighter pictures can do well with standard nails, consider a drywall anchor if the picture is particularly heavy. You’ll also want to have a tape measure handy to help determine the best hanging spot on the wall.
- If you plan to occasionally swap out what you’re displaying in the frame, consider choosing a frame that has special tabs on the back. These make it easier to remove and insert pictures more quickly.
- If you hang the picture frame in a sunny location, glare can become an issue. In that case, you might consider going for a frame with a non-glare acrylic cover. While this option can make the colors behind the cover look a bit muted, you’ll still benefit from having the picture more viewable than if you chose a glass cover.
- You can find ways to customize your 20 x 16 picture frame, especially if you go for one with wider moulding. You might use stickers for custom text above and below the picture, or you could use a metallic marker to add text or decorations.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide