MAXTID Bottom Door Draft Stopper
Last updated date: November 12, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Door Draft Stoppers/Guards and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Door Draft Stopper/Guard you should buy.
The MAXTID Bottom Door Draft Stopper adjusts to fit any door from 32-38" wide. It's double-sided for superior insulation. You can also use it on windows, and it's inexpensive enough to buy multiples for doors and windows throughout your home. In our analysis of 43 expert reviews, the MAXTID MAXTID Bottom Door Draft Stopper placed 4th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note November 14, 2019:
Checkout The Best Door Draft Stopper/Guard for a detailed review of all the top door draft stoppers/guards.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
MAXTID Door Draft Stopper Adjustable 32 to 38 inches Sound Proof Blocker, Bottom Draft Guard for Reduce Under Door Cold Air Window Breeze Blocker door draft stopper MAXTID Door Draft Stopper is a double sided insulating device for seal your door and window gap or crack. Keep the cold/warm air in your home and stop the draft from coming across the floor, helps with the heating and cooling bills, be more efficient. Simply slide under the door and it will instantly Instant protection from cold, drafts, insēcts and dust! FEATURE: Simple and effective Easy to install & use Moves with your door Works with any floor surface Open and close the door No need to constantly bend over to re-position Double sided = Providing double the protection door draft Adjustable Door Gap Stopper Length - Adjustable 32 to 38 inches Diameter tubes - 1.1 inches foam insert for covers gaps door draft Adjustable Door Gap Stopper door noise blocker Door Noise Blocker door draft stopper Under Door Bugs Stopper door draft stopper Save Energy Door Draft Guard double door draft stopper door draft blocker door draft guard double door draft stopper brown Plaid Double Door Draft Stopper White Double Door Draft Stopper Grey Double Door Draft Stopper Black Double Door Draft Stopper Brown Double Door Draft Stopper Adjustable Size 32" to 38" 32" to 38" 32" to 38" 32" to 38" 32" to 38" Covers Gaps Up to 1.1" 1.1" 1.1" 1.1" 1.1" HOW TO USE? door draft stopper door draft stopper door draft stopper door draft stopper Figure 1 Measuring the size of the door/window Figure 2 Use scissors or knife to cut the foam to the exact size needed, fits doors up to 38" Figure 3 Insert foam tubes into cover, and fold the excess part and paste it on the two magic strips Figure 4 Slide MAXTID double door draft stopper under door, complete!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Door Draft Stoppers/Guards
Your home is where you hang your hat, and when you walk in the door you know it’s time to relax. Being able to control your environment is part of what makes it so relaxing, but it’s hard to chill out when you’re sweating from hot summer air that you can’t quite beat. Even if you run your air conditioner at full blast, it’s tough to get nice and cool (or warm up in the winter) if you’ve got doors that leak air at the bottom.
Door draft stoppers (or door guards) are built to block outdoor air from sneaking into your home and keep indoor air right where it belongs. They can save you big bucks on your energy bill, and they also block out noise, light, odors and even mischievous insects.
Draft stoppers come in a couple of different styles. Soft draft stoppers are made of fabric and are usually stuffed with a fill made from polyester or another fabric. Sometimes they’re filled with hard foam cylinders that you can trim down to fit any door. They stay flush against your door with the help of magnetic clips or use a 360 degree-design that fits one stopper around each side of the door.
Hard draft stoppers are usually made from silicone or another plastic. They come rolled up like tape, but they’re much tougher than any tape you’ll find on the shelves. Just measure the length and height of your door, trim the draft stopper and affix it to the bottom of your door with the adhesive on the back.
Those are your draft stopper basics. Take a look at our Tips & Advice for hints that will help you make your final purchase.
DWYM Fun Fact
A draft stopper is a smart, affordable buy if you’re looking to increase your home’s energy efficiency, and the Evelots Magnetic 2 in 1 Door Draft Stopper even bills itself as an eco-friendly option. But it’s the tip of the iceberg when it comes to lowering energy costs (and shrinking your carbon footprint).
Apartment-dwellers can make changes like washing their clothes in cold water, replacing light bulbs with LEDs and using natural light as much as possible to notice a dip in their energy bill. Homeowners have even more options: They can install energy-efficient appliances, buy a programmable thermostat and insulate their home’s air ducts to decrease their energy usage. These small changes can save you a ton of cash, and give Mother Nature some well-deserved support.
The Door Draft Stopper/Guard Buying Guide
- Measure, measure, measure: That’s the one thing you’ve gotta do if you’re buying a draft stopper. Measure the length and width of your door, plus the space between your door and the ground. Measuring the height from your floor to the top of where you want your draft stopper to sit will guarantee that you buy the right size.
- Choose between hard and soft draft stoppers based on your needs. Do you have a home with a lot of pet hair, outside noise and an outdoor insect community? Multi-layered silicone door stoppers, like the MAGZO Under Door Draft Stopper or Suptikes Under Door Draft Stopper/Blocker, will block out noise and breezes without attracting pet hair or new friends. Are you in an area that has nasty winters, or do you have an older door that might not play well with draft stopper adhesive? A soft draft stopper filled with foam or fabric will block out frosty temperatures and it won’t chip away at your decor.
- Always clean and dry the bottom of your door before installing your draft stopper. The adhesive won’t stick to a dirty door, and you don’t want old dust rubbing off on your new fabric door stopper.
- Many door stoppers can also be used to stop up gaps in windows. See if a door stopper is adjustable, like the MAXTID Bottom Door Draft Stopper, or lets you create your own size if you want to prevent window drafts.
- Take your home’s decor into account before you buy. Draft stoppers come in multiple colors and finishes, so you can probably find one that blends right into your door.
- Keep your home looking neat by regularly cleaning your draft stopper. Wipe down plastic draft stoppers with a paper towel or a disinfectant wipe. Soft draft stoppers can be spot cleaned with a gentle detergent. You can toss some of them in the washer and dryer.