MaxKare Adjustable Ergonomic Kneeling Desk Office Chair
Last updated date: September 21, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Kneeling Desk Office Chairs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Kneeling Desk Office Chair you should buy.
This kneeling desk chair is versatile and can be used with any sedentary jobs to improve posture. The thick seat and kneeling cushions offer comfort and support. Plus, the chair has five height adjustment settings. In our analysis of 35 expert reviews, the Maxkare MaxKare Adjustable Ergonomic Kneeling Office Chair placed 3rd when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 21, 2020:
Checkout The Best Kneeling Desk Office Chair for a detailed review of all the top kneeling desk office chairs.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Better Seat Posture-The ergonomic kneeling chair is meant to reduce lower back strain by dividing the burden of one's weight between the shins and the buttocks, then it will keep your back at an upright position. Good for students, white collars, people with sedentary jobs or bad sitting habits. Seat & Kneel Height Adjustable-Adjust the seat height from 19.3'' to 22.4'', suitable for different height desk. 5 kneeling height adjustment suitable for people above 3.6 ft. The Measurement is Actual Result. Comfortable & Convenient-Thickened back, seat and kneel cushion offers maximum comfort to your back (and your knees, shins, and your behind!). Quiet universal wheels allow turning and gliding, lockable when needs to be stationary. Cushioned handles added for easy stand-ups & sit-downs. Premium Quality-SGS certified hydraulic bar, offering strong and stable support. The pads are made of skin-friendly PU leather and high-density rebound foam. Maximum weight capacity: 330 lbs. MaxKare Kneeling Chai-Ergonomically designed MaxKare kneeling chairs set at +20° inclination do maintain standing lumbar curvature to a greater extent than sitting on a standard computer chair.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Kneeling Desk Office Chairs
In many jobs, sitting at a desk in front of a computer is something you have to do for eight or more hours of the day. If you don’t have the right chair, this can wreak havoc on your back, shoulders, neck and arms. That’s why it’s important to explore different seating arrangements to find one that is more comfortable for you. The kneeling desk office chair is a relatively new innovation that works for many people.
This kind of chair puts you in a position where your thighs drop down at an angle, instead of being parallel to the ground in a regular chair. There are typically two padded sections in a kneeling chair: one for you to sit and one for you to kneel. The purpose of this chair is to alleviate strain from your lower back and add some pressure to your knees and shins instead. However, the majority of your weight is on the buttocks while using a kneeling chair, not on the knees. As a result, people who have weak knees or problems with their knees can still use a kneeling desk office chair.
Since the body is angled forward in the kneeling chair, the pelvis is also tilted forward which puts the spine in the correct alignment. It also helps you to sit up straighter and have a better posture. This helps make breathing easier and digestion smoother. With regular use of a kneeling desk office chair, you can strengthen your back and core muscles by keeping them engaged. Plus, you reduce pain in your lower back, shoulders and neck because you are sitting up straighter. Pain can be distracting while you’re focusing on your job. Finding a comfortable sitting position helps you work more productively.
DWYM Fun Fact
The best way to use a kneeling desk office chair is to use it intermittently with a regular office chair. Remaining in one position for long periods of time can cause discomfort and poor blood circulation. Ensure that your buttocks bears the bulk of your weight when sitting in a kneeling desk office chair. The misconception is that most of your weight is on your knees. Be sure to change your position frequently. One option is to keep one knee on the knee pad and extend the other leg out in front of you on the floor. Then you can do the same with the other leg. You can also extend both legs out in front of you while keeping your buttocks on the seat.
The Kneeling Desk Office Chair Buying Guide
- When you’re looking at a kneeling desk office chair, one of the most important elements to consider are the angles of the chair. The purpose of the kneeling chair is to relieve pressure from your lower back and tilt your pelvis forward, spreading out some of the weight to your shins. As a result, you’ll want a chair with a seat that is angled forward and has an adjustable design. This will help you figure out the best angles for your height so you can find a comfortable and supportive position. Most kneeling desk office chairs specify which heights they can accommodate.
- Having thick padding on both the seat and knee rest is key so that you don’t get sore from using the chair. Opt for cushions that are between two and four inches thick for optimal comfort.
- Some kneeling desk office chairs come with backrests while others do not. Consider whether you want the flexibility to lean back and have support or if you want to focus on engaging your core and leaning forward in your seat.
- Most kneeling desk office chairs have four rolling caster wheels. This provides you with mobility so you can move from one section of your workspace to another easily. Opt for wheels that have locks so that you can also secure your chair in place when you need to. This is helpful when you’re just starting out using a kneeling desk chair as it takes you a while to get into a comfortable position.
- Look at the load capacity on the kneeling desk office chair to ensure it works for you. Most office chairs have a load capacity of between 250 to 330 pounds.