MATRIX Cleansing Purple Shampoo For Blonde Hair, 10.1-Ounce
Last updated date: September 2, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Purple Shampoos For Blonde Hair and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Purple Shampoo For Blonde Hair you should buy.
Update as September 2, 2022:
Checkout The Best Purple Shampoo For Blonde Hair for a detailed review of all the top purple shampoos for blonde hair.
Brighten your yellow or silver locks with this purple shampoo for blonde hair. The formula is designed to combat brassy tones without stripping hair of its natural oils. Each bottle contains 10.1 ounces and is safe to use on all hair types.
In our analysis of 11 expert reviews, the MATRIX Cleansing Purple Shampoo For Blonde Hair, 10.1-Ounce placed 4th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
User Summarized Score
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Purple Shampoos For Blonde Hair
Whether you were born with blonde hair or you pay for it, it can be tough to get the color just right. Even if it looks perfect the day you color it, it can gradually lose its luster and start to turn brassy. Those yellows, oranges and reds that make blonde hair look less brilliant than you’d prefer are hard to avoid.
Stylists typically add a toner to reduce those colors, known as undertones. But not everyone pays for salon color and, of those who do, the toner can lose its power over time. That means in the weeks following your appointment, you may find that your blonde takes on a bit of brassiness, which you’re stuck with until your next coloring.
That’s where purple shampoo comes in. If you look at a color wheel, purple is directly across from yellow, and colors located on opposing sides of the wheel cancel each other out. When purple is applied to your hair, it cancels out the yellow tones, providing that icy blonde color that is seen as the ideal.
But blonde hair isn’t the only hair color that can benefit from a tube of purple shampoo. Those with silver hair also find undertones starting to appear, and purple shampoo can help with that, as well. Some with dramatic blonde or silver highlights also find that purple shampoo provides better color, although it has no effect on other hair colors.
The Purple Shampoo For Blonde Hair Buying Guide
- You don’t have to have dyed hair to benefit from purple shampoo. In fact, those with naturally blonde and naturally silver hair find it reduces undertones.
- Purple shampoo can dry out your hair. Look for one that is formulated to overcome that obstacle, leaving your hair soft, shiny and undertone free.
- For those with damaged or dry hair, a nourishing toning mask will probably be better for your hair than a purple shampoo.
- Just because you use purple shampoo, doesn’t mean you can do away with a toner. If your salon provides that service, use purple shampoo as a supplement. If you color your own hair, look for a toner that can reduce undertones.
- Don’t use purple shampoo in the first two weeks after your hair has been colored. The hair is more porous following bleaching, making it more likely you’ll get blotchy, uneven results.
- Follow the instructions closely on the bottle. If a time range is recommended for leaving the shampoo on your hair, go with the low end of that range at first, then increase as you get more comfortable with the results. Leaving purple shampoo on too long can create a lavender hue, although some like having that tint and choose to leave it on longer to get there.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide