Master Maison Premium Kitchen Knife Set & Block, 7-Piece
Last updated date: October 7, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Knife Sets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Knife Set you should buy.
One of the more affordable knife sets on the market, this model doesn't sacrifice on quality. The knives are made from a German stainless steel that is designed to last. The set includes a variety of knives that will make tasks like slicing meats and prepping vegetables a breeze. In our analysis of 24 expert reviews, the Master Maison Master Maison Premium Kitchen Knife Set & Block, 7-Piece placed 3rd when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note October 7, 2020:
Checkout The Best Knife Set for a detailed review of all the top knife sets.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
THE PERFECT SET FOR THE EVERYDAY CHEF - This professional stainless steel cutlery set contains all the essential tools you could need: chef's knife, paring knife, carving knife, utility knife, bread knife, knife sharpener, and storage block! CULINARY QUALITY AT AN AFFORDABLE PRICE - We consulted with dozens of professional chefs to design a classic set for the everyday home cook. Cut and chop meat, vegetables, fruits, and cheese for your next stunning meal with ease. Make a beautiful charcuterie board, prep bbq, or simply prepare dinner cuisine. Whether cooking is your passion or hobby, we guarantee you will love this set! SUPERIOR SHARPNESS MEETS ERGONOMIC PRECISION - Each knife is forged from a single piece of high carbon, German stainless steel, resulting in a razor sharp pro quality blade that excels far beyond ceramic and cheap acrylic knives. Balanced weight distribution and ergonomic handles minimize fatigue and maximize cutting precision for both women and men. BEAUTIFUL CRAFTSMANSHIP TO COMPLEMENT YOUR KITCHEN - Looks great among your pots, pans, utensils, silverware, and other kitchen decor. Each black handle is triple riveted for superior japanese strength and unmatchable kitchenware durability. Give as the perfect gift for that aspiring cook in your life. Please HANDWASH ONLY and dry promptly after use to preserve the quality and sharpness of your beautiful set. UNLIMITED 1-YEAR WARRANTY - We promise these gourmet knives are the best you will ever own; they will never dull, blunt, corrode, tarnish or rust and rarely need sharpening when properly cared for and maintained. Since most dishwashers are extremely abrasive, we always recommend hand washing. If you ever have an issue with these premium knives, simply reach out to our amazing customer service team and we'll do whatever it takes to make it right.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Knife Sets
A good set of knives can last a while. In fact, you may buy a set when you move into your first apartment and find that you still have it when you’re ready to upgrade to your first home. But every knife has a shelf life, which means you’ll eventually have to trade that old set in for a new one.
There are many factors to consider when you’re shopping for knives. Many knife sets come in wood blocks fitted with slots perfectly shaped to fit each knife. Do you need a block? That depends. Some homeowners prefer to have their knives neatly tucked away in a drawer when not in use. Others prefer those magnetic strips that hang on a wall to hold the knives in place.
The benefit of a knife block is it turns your cutlery into an attractive part of your kitchen décor. You can find a wood type and color that perfectly matches your own kitchen, making it an enhancement. But beyond storing your knives, you’ll also need to consider the type and quality of the set you’re buying.
At the very least, you’ll likely need steak knives and perhaps a utility knife for your kitchen. But if you’re a true chef, there’s a wide range of knives you’ll need, including those that can help with peeling fruits and vegetables or cutting bread without tearing it. One nice upgrade is sharpening steel to keep your knives in peak condition for many years. Many knife sets also come with kitchen shears for the many times you’ll need them.
Of course, the quality of knives is also important. Look for well-known brands like Cuisinart and Wusthof, which have established themselves as leaders in their industry. When a manufacturer develops a reputation as having a commitment to excellence, you’ll know you’re getting a product that’s built to last.
DWYM Fun Fact
If you’re planning to give a knife set as a gift, you may want to attach a penny to it. An old superstition says that knives as gifts are bad luck, as they sever the bonds of friendship. A common workaround is to attach a penny, which the recipient then gives back as payment, in essence saying that it was a purchase, not a gift. Whether you believe this superstition or not, your recipient may, so it’s likely best to attach a penny just in case. At the very least, you’ll be able to share the superstition and have a laugh about it.
The Knife Set Buying Guide
- Chances are one of the top factors in choosing a knife set for your kitchen is appearance. You may wish to go with a light-colored wood block. If a walnut-colored storage block is better suited to your décor, take a look at the Wusthof Classic Ikon 7-piece knife set. The Wanbasion Professional Kitchen Knife Set, 16-Piece comes with a translucent caddy, making it a better pick for matching existing kitchenware.
- You can’t go wrong with a classic, and the Wusthof has a look that blends with every type of décor. But the Wanbasion Professional Kitchen Knife Set, 16-Piece is popular as well, perhaps in part due to its versatility.
- Once you’ve gotten past the aesthetics, it’s time to look at the actual cutlery each set offers. The fullest range of knives comes with the Wanbasion Professional Kitchen Knife Set, 16-Piece. In each set, you’ll get a parer, utility knife, serrated bread knife, Santoku, chef’s knife, steak knives, shears and a sharpener. But if you only need the basics, the Wusthof Classic set includes a parer, utility knife, bread knife, shears and honing steel. However, you can buy additional items, like steak knives, to slide into the empty slots in the block.
- The Victorinox set is fairly basic, with no shears, honing steel or storage block. But you can buy plenty of other items to go with the set, so this may be just the start of your collection.
- Before you invest in a knife set, you likely want to make sure it will last. The Cuisinart Stainless Hollow Handle Knife Set, 15-Piece set offers superb quality, but the Wusthof set is also durable, thanks to its tough handle and laser-tested edge.
- The lowest-priced set in the bunch is the Wanbasion Professional Kitchen Knife Set, 16-Piece, which is a great deal with 16 knives and a block included for just under $35. The Master Maison Premium Kitchen Knife Set & Block, 7-Piece set is slightly more expensive than that, with the Cuisinart Stainless Hollow Handle Knife Set, 15-Piece retailing for around $60. The Wusthof set is the most expensive, in the $300 to $400 range and only includes seven knives.