Marquis Brookside Champagne Flutes, 4-Piece
Last updated date: April 15, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as May 19, 2020:
Checkout The Best Champagne Flute for a detailed review of all the top .
If you regularly break out champagne while entertaining, consider the Marquis Brookside Champagne Flutes, 4-Piece. You'll get four champagne flutes made from handcrafted, fine Waterford crystal. Due to the delicate design, you'll need to hand wash them after each use. Each flute holds 7 ounces of champagne.
In our analysis of 44 expert reviews, the Marquis Brookside Champagne Flutes, 4-Piece placed 1st when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Serve up the best version of your favorite drinks with the Marquis by Waterford Brookside collection. Marquis’ undeniable sparkle has been given a dynamic recreation to elegant crystalline, ideal for transforming your own barware collection or to give as the perfect gift. Whether a traditional or contemporary setting, The Marquis by Waterford Brookside Collection will always suit the occasion with sparkling Waterford shine and a stylish twist. Marquis by Waterford combines versatility with value, using classic Waterford cuts on Crystalline to create stemware and crystal of astonishing clarity and substantial weight. Raise a toast with these slender and elegant Brookside Flutes , which offer a fresh new take on the quintessential Brookside pattern.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
Champagne is for more than celebrating. The bubbly beverage can be a great addition to any occasion, from elaborate parties to simply unwinding after a long day of work. But if you’re a fan of any type of wine, you likely already know that the design of the glass you use plays an essential role in your enjoyment.
A champagne flute is built to reduce the surface area at the top of the glass, keeping air escape to a minimum. For sparkling wines, that preserves bubbles, preventing your beverage from going flat a few sips in. However, not all types of sparkling wines do best with a flute. The tall, narrow design works best with extremely dry sparkling wines, including Brut, Extra-Brut and Brut Nature.
One debate that seems to continue to rage between wine connoisseurs concerns stemless versus stemmed glasses. Stems have long been used to keep the hand away from the beverage. As your hand cups the glass, it warms the liquid inside, and you’ll want your champagne to remain chilled as long as possible.
However, in recent years, stemless glasses have become more popular, especially for those who don’t plan to hold the glass while drinking. Stemmed glasses are easy to accidentally knock over. This is especially true of champagne flutes, which tend to be top-heavy. If you prefer a stemmed glass, yet you fear an accident, a white wine glass may be a better option for your sparkling wines.
The type of glass also factors into your enjoyment. Fine crystal is not only attractive, but it tends to keep that chill you want. However, it can be delicate, making it more likely you’ll keep it in storage except for special occasions. Be honest with yourself as you’re shopping and choose a champagne flute that you’ll feel comfortable using every day.
The Buying Guide
- Champagne flutes can be top-heavy, so keep durability in mind while you’re shopping. The glass should be thick enough to hold up to accidental drops without adding weight. The upper rim should also be thick enough to withstand chipping.
- If you’re having a party, you may find disposable champagne flutes more feasible. You can toss them in the trash when the party is over. This also allows you to buy enough glasses for a crowd when you typically only need enough for your adult family members.
- Although champagne flutes made from fine crystal can be impressive, it will need to be treated with care. This means you may end up saving them for special occasions.
- Some champagne flutes can be washed in the dishwasher, while others require hand washing.
- Champagne flutes come in both stemless and stemmed versions. Although glasses with stems keep your hands away from the part of the glass holding the liquid, stemless glasses are less likely to be knocked over.
- Storing stemmed wine glasses of any type can be complicated, as they typically aren’t stackable. Consider where you will keep your glasses between uses.
- Disposable champagne flutes can often be washed and reused at least one more time. They’re also stackable for easy storage.
- Pay attention to the capacity of the champagne flutes you choose. Typically, you’ll find they hold between 7 and 9 ounces.
- For taking champagne on the go, you can’t go wrong with an insulated tumbler. They’re designed to keep your drink chilled for hours. It also keeps sparkling wines from going flat. Best of all, the larger insulated wine tumblers can hold a large amount of wine at once.
- Borosilicate glass is tough enough for a variety of environments. You can often put champagne flutes made of this type of glass in the dishwasher, or even store in the freezer or heat in the microwave if you must. Crystal flutes are more sensitive.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide