MARMOT Nylon Zippered Women’s Waterproof Rain Jacket
Last updated: June 17, 2022
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Waterproof Jackets For Women and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Waterproof Jacket For Women you should buy.
If you're looking for a more lightweight option, the thin, breathable fabric in this jacket makes it a great pick. It resists water without restricting movement or trapping heat inside. The lightweight build also makes it easy to toss in a backpack or tote bag.In our analysis of 21 expert reviews, the MARMOT Nylon Zippered Women's Waterproof Rain Jacket placed 8th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The PreCip Jacket is stylish, value-oriented, full-function rainwear for backcountry and urban travelers alike. The PreCip Women’s Rain Jacket features Marmot’s comfortable and breathable NanoPro waterproofing technology. NanoPro coating is comprised of densely packed pores small enough to keep water droplets from getting in, but big enough to let water vapor out—providing cool, dry comfort even as your activity level increases. Your arms will retain full mobility through it all, thanks to the built-in Angel-Wing Movement. When the weather lets up, you can stuff the entire jacket into its interior pocket and stash it in your pack.
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Waterproof Jacket For Women Rankings
Over the years, technology has made it easy to manufacture a rain jacket that’s both lightweight and water-resistant. But there are so many different options now, it can be tough to know which one to choose. Paying close attention to the details on a rain jacket can help you find the best protection.
All the waterproof fabric in the world won’t help you if rainwater can slip in through the zipper or the seams. A high-quality rain jacket will have those features built in. But you’ll also want to look for a jacket marked as windproof. A wind-resistant jacket won’t necessarily keep you dry on the days when wind gusts are high.
Another feature to look for in a waterproof jacket is breathability. When it’s rainy outside, the warm, moist air between your body and the jacket can create an uncomfortable environment. Breathable jackets are typically designed to take advantage of something called moisture vapor transfer, which encourages the warm air to travel out of the jacket.
Lastly, if you’ll be carrying items with you, pockets can come in handy. But make sure your jacket has pockets that keep your items dry, especially if you’ll be storing electronics. Internal pockets can be especially useful for this.
- Many waterproof jackets aren’t machine washable. You’ll need to wash these jackets by hand and hang them to dry.
- Water-resistant and waterproof aren’t the same thing. Pay close attention to make sure you know what you’re getting.
- Some rain jackets are lightweight enough that you can pack them up and take them with you in a purse or backpack pocket. This can allow you to keep one handy at all times in case you need it, but it might not be as rainproof and windproof as a jacket that’s less lightweight.
- Rain jackets are designed to fit a range of sizes and builds, but many have adjustable cuffs and drawstrings at the bottom to help you tighten them and achieve a perfect fit. Some women’s jackets also have a drawstring at the waist area for a more flattering fit.
- A rain jacket with a removable hood will give your jacket a little more versatility.
- When considering fit, keep in mind that you’ll need to be able to wear your rain jacket on days when you’re wearing bulkier items, like sweaters and suit jackets, in addition to those days when you just have on a T-shirt.
- Some rain jackets fall below the hip to give your waist area protection against rain and wind.