Marky Sparky Doinkit Darts Kid-Safe Indoor Magnetic Dartboard
Last updated date: May 28, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Dartboards and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Dartboard you should buy.
You won't find any sharp points on this dartboard set, as it is designed with children in mind. Instead, the set uses magnets to attach the darts to the board. The darts are designed to fly straight every time you throw, while the balanced neodymium magnet tips hold a strong connection upon impact. In our analysis of 117 expert reviews, the Marky Sparky Marky Sparky Kid-Safe Indoor Magnetic Dartboard placed 2nd when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note May 28, 2020:
Checkout The Best Dartboard for a detailed review of all the top dartboards.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
BULLSEYE: All the fun of classic darts without harm to walls, pets, or people! Light, durable flights keep arrows flying straight & powerful magnets ensure that they stick to the board, every time! FAMILY FUN FOR GAME NIGHT: Safety darts are perfect for children. Boys and girls will learn coordination and have fun while parents have no worries about the safety of kids or furniture. CLASSIC DESIGN FOR TRADITIONAL DART GAMES: The board has all the same characteristics as the classic, right down to the faux cracks on the board, size, style & targets. ACCURATE FLIGHT: Balanced neodymium magnet tips never need replacing & never lose their strength. The space age flights are virtually indestructible; darts will fly straight each time you throw. DURABLE & STRONG FOR YEARS OF PLAY: 1- 16" Board, 6 - Safe Magnetic Darts (3 Each of 2 Colors). Perfect for a game room, dorm, kids play area or outdoor patio. Adults and kids ages 6 years and older.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Dartboards
The game of darts actually offers several benefits, including increased hand-eye coordination and improved concentration. Of course, the game is also fun and a great way to let off some steam after a busy day at work or school. As you search for the best dartboard, keep the following features in mind.
Consider the age range of the person you are buying the dartboard for. There are magnetic models for small children, which is a safe way to get them started with the game. Teens and adults would do best with a premium-grade sisal dartboard, as these are self-healing.
Determine where you want to set the dartboard up. If you have a fancier entertainment space, you’ll want to go with a set that sits inside a cabinet. A garage or basic game room would do just fine with an open dartboard, but you’ll need to review the mounting equipment. Some are a little more difficult to install than others and require the use of a measuring tape. If you’re searching for a model that is easier to set up, go with one that uses a triple wheel lock-and-level system, as it can attach to any surface in seconds.
Review any added features last. For example, a movable number ring has multiple benefits. It allows you to increase your gameplay, while also keeping players from putting too many holes in one section. There are even dartboards on the market that come with complimentary game guides, as well as models that have scoreboards and a set of chalk for keeping tabs on who’s winning.
DWYM Fun Fact
The origin of darts can be traced back to the 1300s when English soldiers used them to pass the time. The men would toss sharp objects at upturned casks or tree trunks. Not only did this activity give them a way to let off some steam, but it also helped the military men practice their aim.
The game of darts that we know today was invented in 1896 by a carpenter named Brian Gamlin. Although darts are often a fun activity for bar patrons, they are also considered a competitive sport by professional players. In fact, the National Dart Association (NDA) was formed in 1986 and now has 46,000 registered players.
The Dartboard Buying Guide
- Review the product packaging to determine who easy or hard the dartboard is to install.
- Check the weight of the board, as some boards are heavy and not safe for use with small children.
- Keep in mind that some bards are better suited for light throwers, while others are more ideal for hard throwers.
- Set up your dartboard in a location that is nice and dry and never use a liquid to clean the board. Moisture will destroy the dartboard.
- Darts are not always included. If the model you’re interested in doesn’t include a set of darts, you’ll want to factor the price of the darts into your overall purchase.
- While dartboards are often competitively priced, you’ll want to check exactly what you’re getting for the cost. Of course, models for children, like the Marky Sparky Kid-Safe Indoor Magnetic Dartboard, aren’t going to amount to as much as adult sets. When it comes to adult dartboards, you’ll find the Viper by GLD Regulation Bristle Steel Tip Dartboard has a more secure mounting system, the STREET WALK Magnetic Dartboard comes with a magnetic darts and the Squad Hero Illuminated Kids Safe Magnetic Dartboard offers a built-in USB port.