MANTELSDIRECT Dakota Rustic Pine Wood Fireplace Mantel
Last updated date: July 25, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Fireplace Mantels and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Fireplace Mantel you should buy.
Update as August 3, 2022:
Checkout The Best Fireplace Mantels for a detailed review of all the top fireplace mantels.
This fireplace mantel is ideal for wide fireplaces. It has a width of 72 inches. The mantel comes in an eye-catching mocha color.
In our analysis, the MANTELSDIRECT MANTELSDIRECT Dakota Rustic Pine Wood Fireplace Mantel placed 4th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Dakota Wood Mantel Shelf offers a stylish, rustic appeal at an affordable price point. This “box” constructed shelf is crafted from Pine wood and features an easy-to-hang installation using the included hanger board.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Fireplace Mantels
A fireplace mantel is a great way to create a focal point in your space, bringing all eyes to the fireplace. Not only are they decorative pieces for your home, but fireplace mantels can also play a functional role as well. With plenty of options to choose from, how do you know which fireplace mantel to get?
A good place to start is the material the fireplace mantel is made from. Wood is an option some people go with as it can be painted any color, providing a lot of flexibility. Plus, you can find wood in a number of budgets depending on the grade or quality you choose. However, this material can darken over time and also needs to have a minimum clearance from the fireplace for safety reasons.
Stone is a good option if you are looking for a custom-built mantel based on your dimensions and have a big budget. However, stone is limited in the styles and color options, so you are often left with something that is fairly neutral. Stone is also more difficult to install and can also be more difficult to clean.
In terms of size, you’ll want to check what the clearance requirements are for your particular fireplace as that will have an influence on the shape and size of mantel you can have. To determine how wide the fireplace mantel needs to be, measure the width of the fireplace and then add several inches to either size to get the size of mantel you need. However, don’t just focus on the size of the fireplace. The size of the room will also be a factor in getting the right size mantel as it should be proportional to the whole space.
The Fireplace Mantel Buying Guide
- When it comes to the style of fireplace mantels, you have two main options: shelves and surrounds. For an easier, more convenient and less costly option, go with a mantel shelf. This sits only on top of the fireplace and doesn’t go around on the sides. It’s easy to relocate and install. A fireplace surround goes around three sides of the fireplace as the name suggests. You have more flexibility in terms of styles and designs, but they are more difficult to install and fit.
- Consider the depth you need based on how you want to use the fireplace mantel. For example, do you want to use it as a shelf for small decorative items, such as picture frames and vases? If so, you will need to ensure the mantel is deep enough for your items. Or do you plan on keeping it clear of clutter and taking the minimalist approach? In that case, the mantel doesn’t need to be too deep. Most mantels are between six and seven inches deep.
- Worried a wooden fireplace mantel may be a fire hazard? High-quality wooden mantels are designed to withstand the heat from the fireplace. However, you have to ensure you install them over the minimum clearance away from the fireplace to ensure everyone’s safety.
- Deciding on the right color for your fireplace mantel can be difficult. Consider whether you want it to be a focal point of the room or not. If you do, choose a color that stands out against the rest of your fireplace area. If not, go for something that blends in.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide