MalloMe Portable Double Tree Camping Hammock
Last updated date: December 10, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Camping Hammocks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Camping Hammock you should buy.
Thanks to the MalloMe Portable Double Tree Camping Hammock's extra large size, it fits two individuals comfortably. In fact, it has a weight capacity of 1,000 pounds. Its premium 210T nylon construction not only means the hammock is durable, but also super easy to clean. In our analysis of 309 expert reviews, the MalloMe MalloMe Portable Double Tree Camping Hammock placed 1st when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note May 28, 2020:
Checkout The Best Camping Hammock for a detailed review of all the top camping hammocks.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Hang Around & Catch a Great Nap When it’s finally time to kick your shoes off and relax in the shade, you don’t want to lay on the hard ground or sit upright in stiff chair. That’s why we created the MalloMe XL Double Camping Hammock that lets you float effortlessly in the air, fully stretched out and embracing what true comfort means. Great for your backyard or camping trip, this portable, extra-large outdoor hammock helps your stresses fall away as you swing gently in the warm, summer breeze. Product Details: XL Parachute Camping Hammock Single or Double Seater Ultralight and Travel Friendly (1 lb.) Tear-Resistant Nylon Premium Size: 10’ x 7’ Max Breaking Weight: 1,000 lbs. Bigger, Stronger, Better MalloMe outdoor hammocks are specifically designed to offer superior comfort in every way. We used tear-resistant nylon because it’s stronger and more breathable; enhanced, ultra-strong straps to carry nearly 3x the weight of standard hammocks; and make it longer and wider to give you more room stretch out, nap or snuggle someone. Quick & Easy Installation Along with our premium hammock you’ll also two high-tensile strength carabiners, premium rope, and a stuff sack; everything you need to hang it between two trees for the day and take it down quickly if you like staying on the move. What’s more, it’s so easy to hang, you can do it solo and it takes just minutes. The Pinnacle of Outdoor Relaxation Great for modern campers and travelers who value space and convenience, our camping hammock weighs about 1 lb. and fits in a stuff sack so you can use it almost anywhere. Each MalloMe hammock comes ultra-strong, reliable strap webbing connection points that work great with our hammock straps or included rope. In fact, the webbing connectors can hold upwards of 800 lbs., making our hammocks great for couples, friends or kids. Crafted parachute nylon, our ultralight hammocks are 10’ long and 7’ wide; far bigger and more spacious than almost any other hammock on the market today!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Camping Hammocks
There’s nothing more relaxing than spending time in the great outdoors. Whether you’re planning a beach retreat or a camping trip in the woods, you’ll want a comfortable hammock to lounge around in. Perhaps you’d like to gently swing while reading a good book or take a nap while listening to the nearby waves. As you shop for the perfect camping hammock, you’ll want to keep the following in mind:
Determine whether you’re looking for a single hammock or a double. A double is ideal for couples or a parent who wants to lounge with their child. Next, you need to add up how much weight you need the hammock to bare. Some are only capable of holding 400 pounds, while others, like the MalloMe Portable Double Tree Camping Hammock, are designed to hold up to 1,000 pounds. The MalloMe is also wider and longer, measuring 10.5 feet long and 6.5 feet wide, making it an excellent choice for individuals who are on the taller side.
Check the fabric next. Most hammocks, including the Winner Outfitters Double Camping Hammock, are now made from a heavy-duty 210T parachute nylon, which is both breathable and comfortable. They feature a triple-stitching setup that adds to the strength of the hammock and eliminates fraying.
Consider how well the camping hammock folds up. You want it to be lightweight and portable so that you can toss it in your backpack and go. The Wise Owl Outfitters Camping Hammock single model folds up as small as a grapefruit. If you need the double model, you’ll only take up as much space in your backpack as an eggplant. As an added bonus, the hammock comes with its own carrying case that is attached to the hammock itself.
Look at the hammocks accessories and make sure that the hammock can be set up quickly and easily. The Legit Camping Double Hammock comes with steel carabiners, rope and tree-friendly straps. Even novice users can have this hammock set up in minutes.
Finally, choose a color. Although some models come in just two color choices, others have as many as 17. That means you shouldn’t have any trouble finding a camping hammock in a desirable shade that also matches your tent and other camping gear.
DWYM Fun Fact
Did you know there’s a National Hammock Day? It occurs on July 22 each year. Below are a few more fun facts about this handy invention.
- The Ancient Mayans are credited with the invention of the hammock. They constructed them from the fibers of the hammock tree, which is how they got their name.
- The first mention of a hammock in print is in the journal of Christopher Columbus.
- The world’s largest hammock is 42 feet long and can hold as much as 8,000 pounds.
- Neuroscientists at the University of Geneva discovered that individuals who sleep in a hammock enjoy a deeper sleep. They also fall asleep faster than individuals who sleep on a traditional mattress.
The Camping Hammock Buying Guide
- When choosing between two different brands, look for the one that offers a satisfaction guarantee. This protects your purchase in case you are unhappy with the camping hammock for any reason. You may be surprised to discover that some companies even offer a lifetime warranty on their camping hammocks.
- Camping in the great outdoors is a lot of fun, but it can be quite dirty. You’ll most likely need to clean your hammock when you return home from your trip. After you remove the carabiners, you can toss the hammock in the washing machine. Choose the cool water and delicate cycle settings and add a little bit of mild detergent. Air-dry the camping hammock on a clothesline and you’re all set.
- Never wash your hammock with other items and avoid using fabric softener, bleach or other harsh chemicals in the machine when washing a hammock.
- Camping hammocks tend to come with their own storage bag. Before you put the hammock away for the winter, however, you’ll want to spray it with a protective spray. This stops mold and mildew from growing and keeps critters from using your hammock as a nest.
- You won’t find much variation in price among the camping hammocks, as they are all made out of the same material. Just be careful that you are comparing single hammocks with single hammocks and double hammocks with double hammocks. You may want color choice to be the deciding factor. If that’s the case, you’ll find the Wise Owl Outfitters Camping Hammock and the Legit Camping Double Hammock have many more color options than the MalloMe Portable Double Tree Camping Hammock and the Winner Outfitters Double Camping Hammock.