MALEDEN Classic Unlined Leather Journal
Last updated: December 31, 2021
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Journals and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Journal you should buy.
In our analysis of 24 expert reviews, the MALEDEN Classic Unlined Leather Journal placed 8th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Blank Paper: No lined feature, you can draw mind maps, sketch ideas or write notes freely on the page.Perfectly work as writing journal, drawing pad, scetch book, travelers notebook, diary planner, coupon organizer, photo album and so on.
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Finding the perfect journal is a necessity. Whether you are working from home or jotting down what you are going to make for dinner, it is important to have a journal you can rely on. Forget about all the little scraps of paper you have in your purse, coat or backpack; it is time for a change.
Keep all your notes and plans in one compact place. Looking for a place to put your computer passwords? Done. Need a way to keep track of your work to-do list? Done. Have a lot of creativity and nowhere to put it? Done.
Putting pen to paper is an easy way to transfer what is in your head onto something more concrete. Many times we just go through the motions of everyday life, we do not stop to think about what we are doing and how we are doing it. That is why it is important to find the right journal. Think about your life, what you do and how you want to improve.
There are a couple of journal types that we personally love. One is your classic lined paper journal. With a lined journal, you are given the guidance of paper with horizontal ruling.
Lines make it easy to stay organized and clean. Some great options are the Paperage lined journal notebook. It is perfect if you are looking for a simple and sleek option. The Paperage journal is a hardcover book filled with 160 pages of high-quality paper. It is thick, sturdy and includes an expandable inner pocket, one ribbon bookmark, one cardholder and a handy elastic closure band.
The journal also comes in an amazing assortment of colors. We like the idea of buying a different color for different topics! And when we say an array of colors, we mean it: from a beautiful Robin’s egg blue to a classic black, you have options.
Some journals feature 160 lightly-lined pages that are encased by a cover featuring the sun, planets, stars and gold gilded edges. These journals will not only be a great addition to your everyday life but can also double as a stunning coffee table book.
If you are looking for a journal that is a true classic, check out Moleskine. These notebooks have deluxe quality pages that are perfect for ballpoint pens, fountain pens or pencils.
These journals are incredibly durable, so don’t be afraid to throw them in your bag and go. Because these journals are not spiral-bound, they are less likely to fall apart or be affected by moisture, so be prepared to use your Moleskine for months and months, or until you run out of pages, whichever comes first.
If a lined journal isn’t for you, make way for the dotted journal. Why a dotted journal? We have the answers.
A dotted journal can help you keep your handwriting in check and you can create your own personalized planner. A dotted journal makes it easier for you to draw straight lines and create page breaks as you see fit. It also allows you to move around the page more freely and not be tied down to lines on a page.
These books are great for those who want to be a bit more creative and customize each page to their needs. Dotted journals make it easier to create lists, be creative (draw outside the lines … literally) and even track expenses.
For these reasons, we like the Leuchtturm1917 dotted hardcover notebook. It is a medium-sized book that includes stickers for labeling, numbed pages, a place-keeper, a blank table of contents and an expandable inside pocket.
Another option is the Poluma dotted grid journal. Similar to the Leuchtturm1917, it is a sturdy book with plenty of pages to fill. Its faux-leather cover is perfect for the office or on the go.
- Know that your journal does not have to be for any specific thing. Do not worry if each individual page holds something different. Your journal is your own and you are free to do with it whatever you please! Relax and let your pen do the talking.
- Make it your own! Feel free to jazz it up a bit. Make your journal a welcome addition to your day.
- Bring it everywhere you go. You never know when inspiration will hit or you need to jot something down. The good thing about the journals we have chosen is that they are sturdy and easy to stash in any bag.
- If you are using your journal to help keep stress or anxiety at bay, start slowly and be self-aware. Write in a private, quiet space where you can think. Try to remain consistent. The more consistent you are with writing, the better.
- Writer’s block is a real thing. Try switching up where and when you write. Sometimes all you need is a different environment to spark creativity, even if that means going from your living room to your bedroom.
- Try not to limit yourself to just words on a page. Draw something and explore your creative side. You can even scrapbook or tape letters, poems or postcards inside.
- Do not be afraid to use journal prompts. Not everything you put on the page has to be perfect. Prompts are a fun way to step outside of yourself and discover something new.
- At the end of the day, write for yourself. The only person you need to impress is you. Messy, organized or mostly blank, your journal is yours alone.