Maidream Mini Digital Instant Camera
Last updated date: October 11, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as October 11, 2021:
Checkout The Best Instant Camera for a detailed review of all the top .
You'll find this instant camera comes in a choice of flamingo pink, purple unicorn or rabbit pink. The camera is small and easy for tiny hands to operate. Kids will love choosing from the built-in multiple cartoon pictures and experimenting with the four color filter effects. Kids can even print out their photos in black and white and color them with a set of colored pencils.
In our analysis of 126 expert reviews, the Maidream Mini Digital Instant Camera placed 5th when we looked at the top 16 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Instant Print Camera for Kids: This Children’s Camera adopts thermal printer technology which allows kids to take color images or videos and print black and white photographs for coloring(Included 3 Print Paper Rolls, Not Included Color Pencils in the product box). 3 Print Paper Rolls for Up to 150 Pictures, children can paint the pictures with their favorite colors, and better cultivate children’s color sense and creativity. 12.0 Mega Pixels High Picture Quality & 1080P HD Video Record Wonderful Childhood: The upgraded device lets kids take 12 megapixels photographs and print instantly on 2.16 x 3.15 inches (5.5 x 8cm) paper. This Kids’ camera can not only take pictures but also record 1080P HD videos. Children can easily record videos of birthday parties or other wonderful time. Multifunctional Children’s Camera: The Camera for Kids looks like a toy, but its Capabilities are versatile and easy to operate! Features Include 4 Color Filters, 2 Printable Stationery Patterns & Other 6 Printable Cartoon Patterns, 12 Cartoon Photo Frames, 14 Language Choices, Built-In Microphone, HD LCD Display, Video Playback, Selfie, 3 Seconds Timer Shooting, Triple Continuous Shooting, 3 Seconds Timed Triple Continuous Shooting & MicroSD Support Up to 32GB. Advanced Zero Ink Technology: There’s also no need toner for the printing, Zero Ink technology is easy to load into your camera and prints in a single pass. On the other hand, this camera for children is made of high quality materials, it is so skin-friendly for kids. Package List: 1 x Kids Instant Camera, 3 Print Paper Roll, 1 x 32GB Memory Card, 1 x Card Reader, 1 x USB Charging Cable, 1 x Cute Cartoon Stickers, 1 x Neck Lanyard, 1 x User Manual, 1 x Product Box.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
Instant film cameras have made a comeback in recent years, as a new generation has discovered how fun they are. In a digital-driven world, consumers find it fun to have an instant print of whatever shot they’ve just captured.
These cameras are perfect for you if you enjoy the “instant gratification of a print,” says Jay Soriano, a portrait photographer based in Las Vegas.
“Overall, they’re fun and they’re great gifts,” Soriano says. “It can also be a fashion statement with the accessories.”
Today’s instant film cameras have come a long way from those sold in the mid- to late 1900s, packing features built for a tech-driven market.
As you start shopping for an instant film camera, it’s important to keep those more modern features in mind. You’ve probably gotten used to taking photos using a smartphone camera, which is a completely different experience than capturing a shot using a viewfinder. If you wear glasses, you’ll also need to pay attention to the size of the viewfinders. Some of them are so small, it can be tough to get your eye close enough to see the image.
You’re probably also used to taking selfies. There are cameras that build in selfie mirrors to make this easier, but it’s not like seeing your image on a smartphone screen. If you want to take group pictures, you’ll also need to look for an instant camera that has a tripod mount and timer. Without the timer, someone will always have to be near the camera to press the shutter button.
There’s a big difference in the type of camera a pro shooter needs compared to someone who just wants to have fun. Instant cameras build in automatic features, similar to what your smartphone has. Serious photography enthusiasts will want to be able to override these automatic features for manual control, but not all instant cameras have that capability.
Perhaps the most important factor, though, is the quality of the print you’ll receive. This can be subjective, but look for cameras with prints that are as true to life as possible. Instant cameras that both print pictures and allow a microSD card to save images digitally can be especially useful.
The Buying Guide
- Most of these newer instant cameras are built for ease of use. That means you’ll have a variety of settings options. If you’re creative, you’ll love a model that lets you switch up the type of photos you take with just the press of a button. Look for a built-in mirror for taking selfies and six different easy-to-use portrait settings. With some instant cameras, it’s important to point out that there is a delay between pressing the trigger and capturing the shot. This type of camera isn’t the best camera for action shots.
- The Fujifilm Mini 9 Instant Camera also has a variety of exposure options, including one called “Hi-Key,” which softens the image when you print it.
- Print quality is something to consider, as well. Look for an instant camera that offers wider shots than you would typically see with an instant film camera, as this allows you to squeeze more into each picture. These models also tend to offer impressive color saturation and separation. Cameras with 10-megapixel images are colorful and vibrant. The Fujifilm Mini 9 Instant Camera can be prone to black specks in overexposed areas of your image.
- Look for prints that resist smudges, water damage and tears. You may even want to consider a model that has a black and white feature.
- Chances are, you won’t always be shooting in the same type of lighting. The right camera compensates for that, giving you just the amount of exposure you need for your current environment. With the Fujifilm Mini 9 Instant Camera, you get separate settings for shooting in sunny or cloudy outdoor environments, as well as indoors. In bright sun, though, you may find your shots are overexposed. If you routinely shoot in low-light conditions, you’ll want to steer toward a camera with a wider aperture.
- Instant film cameras have reemerged in a digital era, which means some consumers are going to want digital features, too. The Dragon Touch InstantFun Zero Ink Kids Instant Camera both prints out a photo and saves a digital copy. You can then take the SD card and insert it into a card reader on your computer to upload it to all your favorite social media sites.
- If you find you’re always behind the camera and never in any pictures, consider a camera with both a timer and a tripod socket. You can just set your camera up, hop into the frame and say, “Cheese.” Keep in mind someone will have to be behind the camera since there’s no timer.
- Flash can be an issue with instant cameras. Some instant cameras automatically adjust to fit the current lighting needs. The Fujifilm Mini 9 Instant Camera’s flash always goes off, which can be a problem if you prefer to take advantage of natural lighting.
- Having rechargeable batteries can be very useful if you want to save money. The average rechargeable camera takes about 100 shots before needing to recharge again. The Dragon Touch InstantFun Zero Ink Kids Instant Camera has a rechargeable battery. The Fujifilm Mini 9 Instant Camera runs on AA batteries.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide