Magicfun Instant Print Instant Camera
Last updated date: October 11, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Instant Cameras and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Instant Camera you should buy.
Update as October 11, 2021:
Checkout The Best Instant Camera for a detailed review of all the top instant cameras.
Introduce children to the art of photography with this instant camera. The camera is easy to operate with six filters and four scenes to choose from. The set even includes a host of extras, such as a memory card, cartoon stickers and a set of colored pencils.
In our analysis of 126 expert reviews, the Magicfun Instant Print Instant Camera placed 16th when we looked at the top 16 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Instant Print Camera. Adopts thermal printing technology to take color images or videos and print real-time black-and-white photos. Totally 150 photos can be printed with 3 kinds of printing density. Children can draw some small patterns on the pictures to better cultivate their creativity, which gives them hours of entertainment! High Pixel & Rechargeable. 16 million resolution of front and rear lens and 1080p HD video display in a full view LED screen. Built-in rechargeable lithium battery that ensures you to charge with a USB cable provided by us. This instant camera helps a lot to capture your children’s wonderful moments in everyday life! Versatile and Easy Operation. With 6 filters and 4 kinds of scenes to fill your different shooting needs. Supports sticker shooting (35 pieces), time-lapse shooting, cyclic shooting and 10x zoom of vision(By changing the zoom of the camera, you can enjoy the difference in vision with 10x zoom, and you can shoot even far away). Simply press the power button to start the print camera and it enters rear lens mode automatically. Perfect Gift for Kids. Kids friendly design, non-toxic material and bright yellow color all make this this digital camera a perfect gift choice for kids on birthday, Christmas etc. It helps to record children's childhood while experiencing the fun of taking pictures, which improves their hands-on ability and foster their interest in photography. Package and Great Customer Service. Packed in an exquisite yellow color box that includes 1 instant print camera, 1 type-c charging cable, 3 printing paper rolls, 5 color pencils, 1 32GB memory card, 1 lovely cartoon sticker, 1 lanyard and 1 user manual. We provide 24-hour service, so if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Instant Cameras
Instant film cameras have made a comeback in recent years, as a new generation has discovered how fun they are. In a digital-driven world, consumers find it fun to have an instant print of whatever shot they’ve just captured.
These cameras are perfect for you if you enjoy the “instant gratification of a print,” says Jay Soriano, a portrait photographer based in Las Vegas.
“Overall, they’re fun and they’re great gifts,” Soriano says. “It can also be a fashion statement with the accessories.”
Today’s instant film cameras have come a long way from those sold in the mid- to late 1900s, packing features built for a tech-driven market.
As you start shopping for an instant film camera, it’s important to keep those more modern features in mind. You’ve probably gotten used to taking photos using a smartphone camera, which is a completely different experience than capturing a shot using a viewfinder. If you wear glasses, you’ll also need to pay attention to the size of the viewfinders. Some of them are so small, it can be tough to get your eye close enough to see the image.
You’re probably also used to taking selfies. There are cameras that build in selfie mirrors to make this easier, but it’s not like seeing your image on a smartphone screen. If you want to take group pictures, you’ll also need to look for an instant camera that has a tripod mount and timer. Without the timer, someone will always have to be near the camera to press the shutter button.
There’s a big difference in the type of camera a pro shooter needs compared to someone who just wants to have fun. Instant cameras build in automatic features, similar to what your smartphone has. Serious photography enthusiasts will want to be able to override these automatic features for manual control, but not all instant cameras have that capability.
Perhaps the most important factor, though, is the quality of the print you’ll receive. This can be subjective, but look for cameras with prints that are as true to life as possible. Instant cameras that both print pictures and allow a microSD card to save images digitally can be especially useful.
The Instant Camera Buying Guide
- Most of these newer instant cameras are built for ease of use. That means you’ll have a variety of settings options. If you’re creative, you’ll love a model that lets you switch up the type of photos you take with just the press of a button. Look for a built-in mirror for taking selfies and six different easy-to-use portrait settings. With some instant cameras, it’s important to point out that there is a delay between pressing the trigger and capturing the shot. This type of camera isn’t the best camera for action shots.
- The Fujifilm Mini 9 Instant Camera also has a variety of exposure options, including one called “Hi-Key,” which softens the image when you print it.
- Print quality is something to consider, as well. Look for an instant camera that offers wider shots than you would typically see with an instant film camera, as this allows you to squeeze more into each picture. These models also tend to offer impressive color saturation and separation. Cameras with 10-megapixel images are colorful and vibrant. The Fujifilm Mini 9 Instant Camera can be prone to black specks in overexposed areas of your image.
- Look for prints that resist smudges, water damage and tears. You may even want to consider a model that has a black and white feature.
- Chances are, you won’t always be shooting in the same type of lighting. The right camera compensates for that, giving you just the amount of exposure you need for your current environment. With the Fujifilm Mini 9 Instant Camera, you get separate settings for shooting in sunny or cloudy outdoor environments, as well as indoors. In bright sun, though, you may find your shots are overexposed. If you routinely shoot in low-light conditions, you’ll want to steer toward a camera with a wider aperture.
- Instant film cameras have reemerged in a digital era, which means some consumers are going to want digital features, too. The Dragon Touch InstantFun Zero Ink Kids Instant Camera both prints out a photo and saves a digital copy. You can then take the SD card and insert it into a card reader on your computer to upload it to all your favorite social media sites.
- If you find you’re always behind the camera and never in any pictures, consider a camera with both a timer and a tripod socket. You can just set your camera up, hop into the frame and say, “Cheese.” Keep in mind someone will have to be behind the camera since there’s no timer.
- Flash can be an issue with instant cameras. Some instant cameras automatically adjust to fit the current lighting needs. The Fujifilm Mini 9 Instant Camera’s flash always goes off, which can be a problem if you prefer to take advantage of natural lighting.
- Having rechargeable batteries can be very useful if you want to save money. The average rechargeable camera takes about 100 shots before needing to recharge again. The Dragon Touch InstantFun Zero Ink Kids Instant Camera has a rechargeable battery. The Fujifilm Mini 9 Instant Camera runs on AA batteries.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide