MagClip 72430 Caddy Pack Magnetic Socket Organizer, 3-Piece
Last updated date: June 1, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Magnetic Socket Organizers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Magnetic Socket Organizer you should buy.
Update as June 3, 2020:
Checkout The Best Magnetic Socket Organizer for a detailed review of all the top magnetic socket organizers.
In our analysis, the MagClip MagClip 72430 Caddy Pack Magnetic Socket Organizer, 3-Piece placed 8th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
MagClip magnetic Socket Caddy offers every professional and do-it-yourself craftsman the right combination of products to organize the messiest tool chest drawer or tool box areas so you never have to search for your sockets again. Imagine all of your sockets sorted in order, secure and at your fingertips. Sockets stay put as MagClips will keep them in place even when tool chest drawers are opened and closed repeatedly or rolled across a floor to the jobsite. The innovative design offers flexibility to customize storage area for sockets on flat steel surfaces. Mount Socket Caddy in tool chest drawers or on steel shelves or workbenches to keep socket sets organized by drive size and held securely in their place. Expand the capability and organize your tool chest by mounting the MagClip to the outside of the tool chest as rare earth magnetic holders will even hold your heavy and large sockets when placed vertically on the outside of the tool chest or on any flat metal surface.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Magnetic Socket Organizers
Lumping all your socket drivers together in a toolbox or the drawer of your tool chest isn’t ideal. You’ll have to spend time unnecessarily looking for the right tool in the right size. Instead, opt for a few magnetic socket organizers to display and store the driver sockets. There are a few different types of organizers on the market, so you’ll want to carefully consider the special features of each before you buy.
Start off looking at the size of the driver sockets you need to store. You’ll notice that each magnetic socket organizer is designed for driver sockets of a specific size. You may need a 1/4-inch, 1/2-inch or 3/8-inch socket organizer. The important thing is that you don’t purchase the wrong size.
Consider how many driver sockets the unit is able to handle. There are small sets that hold just 14 sockets, which is fine for do-it-yourself individuals, as well as larger models that have a 30-socket capacity, which is more ideal for professional mechanics.
Look at the magnetic socket organizer’s construction next. You’ll find some organizers are made from a high-quality ABS plastic. The Olsa Tools Premium Magnetic Socket Organizer, however, is designed using ultra-strong rare earth magnets that not only hold your sockets firmly in place, but also allow the unit to effortless mount to any steel surface. That means you can stick it to the side of your metal tool chest or to the inside of your truck bed.
Check for any special features that add value to the magnetic socket organizer. For example, the Lisle 40120 Magnetic Socket Organizer has a built-in handle that makes it portable. The Precision Defined Metric Magnetic Socket Organizer comes equipped with metric markings for easy identification and access. There are also strips that are rust resistant with special technology that allows you to twist and lock the sockets securely in the organizer.
The Magnetic Socket Organizer Buying Guide
- Some reviewers report that the metal holder is thin easily bendable. They also warn that certain models use weak magnets that are not strong enough to hold the driver sockets in place.
- Look to see if the company supports any special causes with your purchase. For example, the ARES Aluminum Rail Magnetic Socket Organizer is manufactured by a company that belongs to the ASPCA Business Ambassador Program. That means they support finding dogs and cats forever homes.
- If your magnetic socket organizer becomes dusty, dirty or covered in grease, you can clean it with a dish rag, hot water and a grease-fighting dish detergent. Rinse the unit clean afterward and immediately dry it with a lint-free towel to prevent metal models from rusting.
- Magnetic socket organizers are versatile and can be set up on a shelf, placed in a tool chest drawer, or kept in a cabinet, in addition to mounting them to metal surfaces.
- Look for an organizer with a rubber bottom, as this allows you to store the organizer on any surface without causing any scratches.
- You’ll find magnetic socket organizers come in both red and blue, so you can buy them in a color that matches the other storage items in your workspace.
- The price for a magnetic socket organizer varies based on construction material, the number of driver sockets it holds and any extra features it may have. The Lisle 40120 Magnetic Socket Organizer is one of the most affordable models on the market, while the ARES Aluminum Rail Magnetic Socket Organizer and the Precision Defined Metric Magnetic Socket Organizer are more moderately priced. You’ll pay the most for the Olsa Tools Premium Magnetic Socket Organizer, which is made using an ultra-strong rare earth magnet.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide