Macaberry Type D Pool Filter Cartridge, 12 Pack
Last updated date: January 3, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Type D Pool Filter Cartridges and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Type D Pool Filter Cartridge you should buy.
Update as January 3, 2023:
Checkout The Best Type D Pool Filter Cartridge for a detailed review of all the top type d pool filter cartridges.
The three-layer fabric is pleated with extra strength to maintain its shape over time as water flows in and out. The design gives this filter the ability to soak up thicker particles like mud to help reduce the risk of staining. The size is 4.2” x 4.2” x 3.75” and each filter lasts for two weeks before needing replacement.
In our analysis, the Macaberry Macaberry Type D Pool Filter Cartridge, 12 Pack placed 4th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
PERFECT FIT: Type D pool filter Replacement Compatible with Summer Waves SFS350, RP-350, RP-400, RP-600, RX600, SFS600 that type D filters. ULTIMATE FILTRATION: The uniformity and high-performance triple-layer fabric capture and release stains more easily, allowing the Housmile filter to capture more contaminants than ordinary filters. The pool filter’s powerful propulsive flow effectively removes hair, leaves, dust, sediment, sand and more. SOLID STRUCTURE: Enclosed thick pleated fabric combined with a strong plastic internal support frame holds shape and is not easily deformed when pool water flows through. VALUE 12-PACK: Type D 12-pack of filter cartridges for maximum value and convenience. Dimension of each filter: 4.2*4.2*3.75(inch). It is recommended that you change the filter cartridge every 2 weeks to maximize the performance of your spa. SPARKLING CLEAN POOL: Provide yourself rest and relaxation in a sparkling clean pool by replacing the pool filter cartridge. The pool filter cartridge provides you with the bottom of the pool visible to the naked eye.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Type D Pool Filter Cartridges
For decades, chlorine has been used to keep swimming water healthy, even with public pools that serve dozens of swimmers a day. Some modern pools use a combination of salt and chlorine to reduce the harsh effects of the chemicals, but even then, chlorine does most of the heavy lifting.
But chlorine has its limits. That’s why pools combine chlorine with filters to keep water as crystal clear as possible. The filter pulls dirt and debris from the water to allow the chlorine to working on keeping bacteria to a minimum. But as the pool is used each day, the chlorine has to work hard to kill all that bacteria, which can tax it. For that reason, the CDC urges pool owners to regularly test the water’s free chlorine, as well as its pH. This will help eliminate the bacteria, viruses and parasites that can thrive in stagnant water.
For pools that are open to the public, typically this task will be handed over to an employee. But the growing residential pool market means homeowners are now responsible for watching chlorine levels. Even if you pay a service to handle this for you, you’ll need to keep an eye on things between visits to make sure your water remains safe for your loved ones.
In addition to monitoring pH and chlorine levels, you’ll also need to invest in a good filter and regularly clean it. You can choose from cartridge, sand and glass filters. Cartridge filters are the most affordable for residential pool owners. It’s less efficient than the other types, but if you have a small pool, such as an above-ground pool, or a hot tub, this can be the perfect option.
You’ll need to regularly clean your pool filter to keep it at peak performance. This means rinsing it off with a hose and scrubbing any built-up dirt away with a stiff brush. You should do this at least once a week to keep your filter working properly.
The Type D Pool Filter Cartridge Buying Guide
- Although most filter cartridges work with a variety of pump types, you’ll need to look closely at compatibility. You’ll see the model numbers listed on the product description and packaging.
- Filter cartridges come in sets. You can buy them singly, but more often, you’ll see them sold in sets of four or more. You might want to buy the lowest option first and try out your new pool filter before stocking up.
- When cleaning your pool filter, make sure you take a little extra time to clean between the pleats, where dirt and debris can easily become trapped. This little extra effort could make a big difference in the efficiency of your filter.
- The filter cartridge packaging will list its dimensions, which you can then compare to your existing cartridge to make sure you’re getting the right fit.
- The quality of the material in a filter cartridge is essential to its efficiency. A thicker material will do a better job at filtering those fine particles, making it especially important if those swimming in your pool might be tracking dirt or sand into it.
- Thicker material has the added benefit of holding its shape over many weeks of use and cleaning. This will ensure it maintains peak efficiency over the course of time you’re using it.
- As helpful as pool filters can be, they have their limits. For best results, practice good pool hygiene. Have all swimmers shower before hopping in the pool each day. By washing off cosmetics, body lotions and perfumes, traces of bodily fluid and perspiration from your body before swimming, you’ll avoid taxing the chlorine you have left. Also encourage younger swimmers to resist urinating in the pool, as this reduces the amount of chlorine to reduce bacteria and viruses.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide