LyxPro Swivel Pop Screen Mic Scissor Stand
Last updated date: October 27, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Pop Screen Mic Scissor Stands and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Pop Screen Mic Scissor Stand you should buy.
Whether you have a light or heavy microphone, this stand can tackle the job, holding microphones of varying weights. Swivel, adjust and rotate the arm to find the perfect position. You'll get support for a wide range of microphone brands, including Yeti and Snowball. In our analysis of 0 expert reviews, the LyxPro LyxPro Swivel Pop Screen Mic Scissor Stand placed 4th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note October 27, 2020:
Checkout The Best Pop Screen Mic Scissor Stand for a detailed review of all the top pop screen mic scissor stands.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Want to broadcast your theories for the next season of Game of Thrones? Maybe you want to rant about how annoying it is when you end up behind slow walkers on a narrow sidewalk. No matter what you want to use your personal outlet for, the LyxPro DKR-1 Boom Arm Mic Stand can help you make your voice heard. With so many ways to adjust the equipment you can be sure that you have the right mic in the perfect position for your broadcast, voiceover or home studio for radio and TV stations. The aluminum frame features durable quality construction, while the 3/8” to 5/8” adaptor and Velcro cable tags ensure seamless integration into your existing setup. Simply mount the stand using the temporary clamp or the permanent desk attachment to get your show on the road.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Pop Screen Mic Scissor Stands
Technology has made it easy to set up a recording studio anywhere. As long as you have the right equipment, you can record at your kitchen table, in your closet, in your home office or in a traditional recording studio, with or without soundproofing.
One of the most important pieces of equipment you’ll buy is your microphone. There are numerous options, from basic microphones to top-of-the-line professional-quality mics, so whether you’re recording music or the next big podcast, you can figure out how much you’re able to invest and find a microphone to match.
But in addition to the microphone, you’ll need a stand to position it for the perfect sound capture. A scissor stand comes with the sturdiness you need for the mic to remain in place without shaking while also giving you the flexibility to position it where you want it.
If you’re shopping for a microphone stand, it’s important to pay attention to compatibility. Not all stands are compatible with every type. If you have a Yeti or Snowball microphone, you’ll especially need to pay attention to compatibility. Also look for the weight capacity to make sure it’s sturdy enough to hold your microphone without wobbling.
DWYM Fun Fact
The technology behind microphones dates all the way back to the 1600s, when an English physicist named Robert Hooke found a way to transmit sound using an acoustic cup and string. In 1827, the word “microphone” was coined after scientists discovered that sound was transmitted by waves through a type of medium. Telegraph inventor Sir Charles Wheatstone began experimenting with ways to transmit sound, even over significant distance. But it wasn’t until 1876 that the first microphone was invented. Emile Berliner created it while working with Thomas Edison. A couple of years later, British-American inventor David Edward Hughes created the first carbon microphone, which is the early prototype for what we see in microphones today.
The Pop Screen Mic Scissor Stand Buying Guide
- Check to see what’s included with any mic stand you purchase. Some are sold with only the stand, while others include the mount, mic clip and clamps for mounting it to the table or desk.
- Some mic stands come with windscreens that help reduce extra noise during your recording. You can buy this separately, so if you choose a mic stand that includes it, make sure it’s the quality you need.
- Your stand will be able to remain in place once you’ve set it up to avoid wobbling that can lead to your audio being uneven.
- If you plan to record on the go, look for a mic stand that can be folded up and easily taken along with you.
- The clamp is also important. Some come with permanent mounts while others provide a more temporary setup. If you plan to leave your microphone in the same place permanently, the former is a great option. Keep in mind that a temporary clamp will at least let you occasionally record elsewhere or move to a different location in the same room or building.
- Look at the maneuverability of the stand you choose. Some can only adjust vertically, while others let you swivel them horizontally as well. Make sure you choose one that can swivel 360 degrees horizontally if you think you’ll use that feature.