LYNPO Anti-Mosquito Long-Lasting Screen Door Repair Kit
Last updated date: March 5, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Screen Door Repair Kits and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Screen Door Repair Kit you should buy.
Update as March 4, 2023:
Checkout The Best Screen Door Repair Kit for a detailed review of all the top screen door repair kits.
If you're looking for a quick fix, this screen door repair kit is the way to go. It acts just like tape and can be cut to fit the length of the rip in your screen. The tape has a strong bond and is waterproof, so you can use it on both the indoor and outdoor side of the screen.
In our analysis, the LYNPO LYNPO Anti-Mosquito Long-Lasting Screen Door Repair Kit placed 2nd when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
SUITABLE SIZE: 2″×80″/Roll; High & Low temperature resistance / High quality fiberglass / No hazardous substance to you and your family. This window screen repair kit tape is easy to repair any screen whether it’s a door or window. EASY TO USE: Our window screen repair kit tape is easy of application and quick repair; No tool needed! Just cut and place whatever the size you want to repair the tears and holes in your screen. WIDELY APPLICATION: Ideal for indoor and outdoor use, Ideal for covering up holes and tears of window and door screen instantly; And our screen repair kit also suitable for high humidity use environment; Fix holes and tears in window screens, screen doors, tent mesh, pool screens, RV screens, and more. STRONG ADHESIVE ＆ LONG LASTING: Our fiberglass repair kit for window screen is very Strong self-adhesive and water-resistance and good bonding ability; Added strength and crack resistance, and this window screen repair kit will stay on the surface of your screen door or screen window for long time. HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL: This Window Screen Repair Kit Tape is made of high quality fiberglass and mesh design clear up bubbles and blisters, Heavy fiberglass yarn increases joint strength and structural integrity, Multi-directional design is 60% stronger than standard mesh tape.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Screen Door Repair Kits
If you like to open your windows on a nice day, a screen door could be just what you need. You’ll be able to open your door along with your windows to let the fresh air in and the stale air out. But screen doors can also provide a small amount of protection for your front door. The door behind it won’t have quite as much exposure to sun, rain, sleet and snow, helping it last longer before needing to be repainted or updated.
But screen doors do have one major flaw: over time, they can start showing signs of wear. One of the biggest issues you’ll face is a tear. In fact, it’s rare to find an older screen that doesn’t have at least one snag in it.
When your screen door starts to show signs of wear, you have a few options. Your first inclination may be to replace the entire screen door. You can find storm doors at fairly low prices, sure, but a good one could cost you hundreds of dollars. If you want to upgrade to a storm door, which uses glass instead of a screen, this may be the time to do that, but you’ll pay much more for this option. You’ll also lose the ability to open your door and let fresh air in with a storm door.
The easiest, most affordable option for a worn-out screen door is to repair it. You can outsource the work to an expert, sure, but the charge will likely be more than you’d pay to replace the door altogether. Spend a few minutes on YouTube, and you’ll quickly find that replacing a screen door is a fairly easy job, as long as you have the right tools.
You’ll need three things to repair your door: a replacement door, a roller to place gentle pressure on it to make the seal and a pair of scissors to trim the screen. If you want to replace the vinyl spine along the edge of the screen, you’ll need that piece, as well. You can also buy adhesive patches that will cover any hole seamlessly for a quick, easy fix.
The Screen Door Repair Kit Buying Guide
- The first decision you’ll need to make is how much of a replacement you’re willing to make. If you just want to patch a hole or two, and your screen is otherwise in good shape, you can find small adhesive patches. You’ll also need to choose between screen types and sizes. Fiberglass will offer durability and attractiveness, effectively keeping out bugs while letting in plenty of air and sunlight.
- You’ll need a rolling tool to press the screen into the spline groove of the frame of the screen. Some come with two wheels—one concave and one convex. This can cut down on your setup work.
- A hook with a curved handle can give you a hand with removing the old screen.
- Check out the measurements of the screen you’re purchasing. Make sure you can easily trim off any excess.
- If you’re repairing a screen that’s still in good shape, you can also buy the rolling tool separately. Combine this with patches for a screen that merely has a rough spot or two.
- Your repair kit should come with instructions. If not, you can easily find step-by-step guides online, particularly on YouTube.
- The quality of the rolling tool can also make a difference, particularly if you plan to repair screens on an ongoing basis. One with a solid wood handle will give you years of use. Also pay attention to the comfort of the handle. One with the right curves can make the work more ergonomic.
- The screen itself isn’t the only thing that can be prone to wear over time. Also check the wheels, if your screen door rolls on a track. If it’s a hinged door, look at the hinges. You can easily replace those with new hinges using only a screwdriver and some screws.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide