Luvs Ultra Leakguards Disposable Baby Diapers
Last updated date: July 3, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top 1 Diapers and dug through the reviews from 18 of the most popular review sites including BestReviews, Good Housekeeping, Baby Gear Lab, Net Parents, Heavy, Best Mom Products, Mom Loves Best, Temper and Tantrum, Best 10 Choices, AmaPerfect, Best Consumer Reviews, My Parenting Journey, Hybrid Mom, Parent Guide, Best Diaper Reviews, Ask Pro Reviews and more. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Diaper you should buy.
Although Luvs Ultra Leakguards Disposable Baby Diapers are budget-friendly, they don't sacrifice on quality. In fact, the three absorption areas are able to hold 20 times their weight. The large refastenable tabs ensure a perfect fit, which also contributes to the diapers ability to reduce leakage. For fun, the diapers also feature two different designs in every package. In our analysis of 156 expert reviews, the Luvs Luvs Ultra Leakguards Disposable Baby Diapers placed 6th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note July 8, 2019:
Checkout The Best Diaper for a detailed review of all the top diapers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Stop leaks around the clock with Luvs. Designed with Triple Leakguards, Luvs can absorb 20x its weight* and feature a Wetness Indicator that turns blue when wet. When it comes to bedtime, Luvs Nightlock Technology works to lock away wetness so your baby can dream on. For complete comfort, Luvs diapers are super soft on your baby’s skin with a comfy feel, plus they’re designed with larger, refastenable tabs for a secure fit. So try ’em and luv ’em, and if you don’t, Luvs offers a money-back guarantee.** *Based on weight of absorbent gel. **If you’re not completely satisfied, please send the original receipt and UPC to us within 45 days of purchase for a full product refund via prepaid card. Limited to one redemption per household or name. For additional details, please call 1-888-665-3257.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Diapers
When it comes to disposable diapers, parents will appreciate their many benefits. Not only does this type of diaper reduce leakage, and thus the required amount of weekly laundry, but it’s also extremely convenient. Since there are several different varieties of disposable diapers on the market, there are a few things you’ll want to consider before choosing a brand.
Start by examining how well the diaper absorbs liquid. Huggies Little Movers Active Baby Diapers feature a DryTouch Liner that is designed to absorb wetness on contact. In addition, their special Leak Lock System keeps babies dry for as long as 12 hours.
Next, make sure that the diaper is soft on skin and has a comfortable fit. Remember, your baby is going to be wearing diapers for long periods of time. Luvs Ultra Leakguards Disposable Baby Diapers are made with refastenable tabs that are bigger than traditional diapers. This allows for a better fit, which will leave your little one feeling cozier.
Verify that the diapers are free of parabens, chlorine and bleach. You don’t want any of those chemicals, which can cause irritation, rubbing up against your baby’s skin day and night. If your baby has sensitive skin, look for the word “hypoallergenic” on the product packaging.
Look to see if the disposable diapers have a way to let you know when you’re infant has wet the diaper. For example, Pampers Swaddlers Diapers has a wetness indicator that shows you it’s time for a change. The indicator strip will turn colors when moisture enters the diaper, which eliminates the need for you to physically open the diaper to check for wetness.
You’ll also want to verify that the company making the disposable diapers cares about its customers. Mama Bear Diapers does just that by offering users a satisfaction guarantee with the ability to request a refund within a year of purchasing their diapers (should you find they don’t meet your expectations).
DYWM Fun Fact
Before disposable diapers were invented, parents around the globe used a variety of methods to keep their babies clean. Chinese mothers carried their infants in bags of sand, which absorbed the urine, while Russian moms used bags filled with moss that could be replaced when soiled. In America, babies wore diapers made of cloth.
Today, disposable diapers are much more common than cloth. It is believed that the shortage of cotton during World War II led to the need for disposable diapers. With the average baby using 10 diapers per day, it’s no wonder why the majority of parents have stuck with disposable diapers since they were first invented.
The Diaper Buying Guide
- Check to see if the company selling the diapers has a rewards program. These programs provide you with points for every product you purchase, and since most babies use diapers for at least two years, that’s a lot of possible points on the table. The points can then be exchanged for gifts or coupons for discounted products.
- Diapers can quickly stink up a house, so it’s a good idea to purchase a diaper garbage pail and set it next to your baby’s changing table. Most diaper pails work by having you place the soiled diaper in the bag, and then twisting the bag to seal in the odor after. Once the pail is full, you simply replace the specially designed bag and start over.
- Consider purchasing a few square or rectangular bins to keep under or next to your changing table. Use the bins to store diapers, wipes, baby powder and diaper cream so that they are within arms reach. They make plain bins as well as decorative bins, and most styles are sold at affordable prices.
- Once your baby grows out of a size, you’ll need to decide what to do with the diapers you didn’t use. If you only have a few, you can give them to your child for pretend play. When whole packs remain, consider donating them to your local pregnancy or family planning center.
- When comparing disposable diaper prices, you need to look at both the diaper size and the number of diapers in each pack. For example, Pampers Swaddlers Diapers have a 216-count package of Size 1 diapers for around $55, while Luvs Ultra Leakguards Disposable Baby Diapers come in much cheaper at 252 Size 1 diapers for just under $30. Mama Bear Diapers Size 3 are available in a 160-count package for approximately $35, and Huggies Little Movers Active Baby Diapers run around $55 for 152 Size 4 diapers.