LunchBots Medium Trio II Snack Container – Divided Stainless Steel Food Container
Last updated date: January 9, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bento Lunchboxes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bento Lunchbox you should buy.
Made from durable stainless steel, the LunchBots Medium Trio II Snack Container lasts for years and doesn't rust or trap odors. There are three compartments for healthy snacking on the go, which is perfect for kids who have to head straight to the soccer field after school. Since the lunchbox is also dishwasher safe, clean up at the end of the day is a breeze. In our analysis of 47 expert reviews, the LunchBots LunchBots Medium Trio II Snack Container placed 3rd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note December 26, 2019:
Checkout The Best Bento Lunchbox for a detailed review of all the top bento lunchboxes.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
From The Manufacturer
Pack, Snack and Go Anywhere! When you’re heading out on a road trip or you’re packing your bag for an afternoon in the park, snacks are always great to bring along. Keep things simple with a Trio 2 Snack Container from LunchBots! Measuring 6” x 5” x 1.75,” you can easily slip it into your purse, bag or backpack without taking up much room or adding excess weight. While it’s great for snacks and finger foods, kids and adults can use it for fruit, chips or other sides at lunchtime. It can even hold a full meal for toddlers! From picnics to road trips and anywhere in between, the Trio 2 is a must-have for busy days and on-the-go schedules. The three section design makes dividing food groups easy, and because it keeps foods separate, it eliminates the need for multiple containers! At the end of the day, just throw it in the dishwasher for a super-simple cleanup. What’s the point of packing healthy food in a container loaded with chemicals? We use durable 18/8 stainless steel to create the Trio 2, providing you with a safe, toxin-free product. Our fun lid covers are even BPA-free and add a splash of style! Why Choose the Trio 2? - Perfect for sides and snacks - Go-anywhere convenience - BPA-free design - Environment-friendly, dishwasher safe - Made of durable 18/8 stainless steel Order Your Trio 2 Now and Snack on the Go!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bento Lunchboxes
Did you know you can actually save around $2,400 a year by packing your lunch verses buying one near your office? Lunchboxes are not only an excellent choice when it comes to saving money year-round, but they’re also ideal if you want to consume healthier foods when all you have nearby are fast food joints.
While shopping for the best Bento lunchbox, keep the following features in mind:
Start by examining the materials used to construct the lunchbox. Some are made of plastic, while others are created from an 18/8 food-grade FDA-approved stainless steel. Stainless steel is a good choice, as it won’t rust or stain. If you’re searching for an eco-friendly lunchbox, go with the Itopor Bento Lunch Box, which is actually made from wheat fiber. No matter which material you select, double-check that it’s listed as BPA-free, so you don’t have to worry about toxins leaking into your food.
Determine how many compartments the lunchbox has and whether the lid has a tight enough seal to keep the ingredients separate. Most Bento lunchboxes have three compartments, like the Modetro Ultra Slim Leak Proof Bento Lunchbox that is designed with proper portion control in mind. This model also individually isolates its compartments, so there’s no seepage from one compartment to the other. Other models don’t offer this, which means you’ll only be able to use them with dry foods.
Consider the size of the Bento lunchbox. In addition to the more traditional size that fits a sandwich and two sides, there are also slim models and models that are made for snacking. The LunchBots Medium Trio II Snack Container, for example, is small in size and a better choice for packing nuts, cheese cubes and grapes for a child’s sporting event.
Look for any extras that put one model above another. You may find one company offers a complimentary recipe book, while another provides a choice of stylish lids. The MONKA Bento Lunch Box + Thermos, Lunch Bag includes a host of extras, such as a plastic utensil kit, a thermos for drinks and soups and a lunch bag to carry everything in.
DWYM Fun Fact
Lunchboxes first came about in the 1800s when certain workers didn’t have enough time to go home for their midday meal. These workers started off using old tobacco tins to hold their food. Before long, metal pails with handles were the lunchboxes of choice.
During the 1900s, children got in on the action with metal character lunchboxes that they could take to school. These lunchboxes featured the likes of Mickey Mouse and The Lone Ranger. As plastics became more widely used, the old metal lunchboxes were tossed aside for the more cost-effective plastic versions. Today’s generation has a choice of lunchboxes made from a variety of different materials.
The Bento Lunchbox Buying Guide
- Look for a money back guarantee, as several companies offer this with the sale of their bento lunchboxes.
- Check the product care label before washing your bento lunchboxes. While some are dishwasher safe, others are not. Depending on the type of plastic used, the lunchbox may be safe for the top shelf of the dishwasher. Of course, it is always safe to wash the lunchboxes by hand with warm water and a little dish soap.
- Lunchboxes that begin to smell can be deodorized using either white distilled vinegar or baking soda. Both of these affordable grocery items are known for their ability to get rid of unpleasant odors.
- If you pack a lunch for your child or spouse, consider adding a fun note each day. The note can contain a sweet sentiment, joke, riddle, photo or trivia question.
- Your bento lunchbox doesn’t have to be used strictly for food. You can also use it to store screws in your workshop or hair accessories in your child’s bathroom. The separate compartments within the box make it a perfect tool for organizing certain spaces within the home.
- There are several factors that affect the price of bento lunchboxes. These include the materials used to make the lunchboxes, as well as any extra features and products. The Modetro Ultra Slim Leak Proof Bento Lunchbox is just slightly higher in price than the Itopor Bento Lunch Box because even though both models are basic, the Modetro has an added lunch bag. You’ll find the LunchBots Medium Trio II Snack Container is higher in price then the Modetro and Itopor models, thanks to its stainless steel construction. At the top of the line is the MONKA Bento Lunch Box + Thermos, Lunch Bag because of its added thermos and lunch bag.