Lumax LX-1632 Drainmaster Oil Drain Pan
Last updated date: July 6, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Oil Drain Pans and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Oil Drain Pan you should buy.
Update as July 6, 2020:
Checkout The Best Oil Drain Pan for a detailed review of all the top oil drain pans.
You don’t have to deal with funnels, spills and mess with this oil drain pan. You can empty the oil directly into the pan and then place the screw cap on to store. It also has convenient handles and wheels so it’s easy to maneuver when full.
In our analysis of 52 expert reviews, the Lumax LX-1632 Drainmaster Oil Drain Pan placed 1st when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Lumax LX-1632 Black 15 Quart Drain master Drain Pan and Waste Oil Storage. Ideal for Oil Recycling, Drain Direct - No Oily Tub, Funnel, or Mess. No Mess to Clean-Up on Top or Side. Comes complete with Wheels for Slosh-Free Mobility. Catch-All Basket to retrieve Drain Plugs and Filter. Large Drain opening accommodates Dirty Oil Filters. Large 8" (20 cm) Opening with Screw Cap. Lumax is a manufacturer of lubrication and fluid management products. Our products, including grease guns, manual and electric pumps, funnels, drains, grease fittings, filter wrenches, and accessories, are built to the highest standards and incorporate many proprietary features. Lumax's mission is to provide professionals and consumers with innovative and high-quality products to get the job done right. Product development at Lumax goes beyond the physical product, to a deeper understanding of the end-users' needs. Engineered with the "user-in-mind, " Lumax products are built to the highest standards and incorporate many unique features that make work easier, faster and cost-effective. We have a passion for the design process. We listen to our customers and their ever-expanding requirements. Our unique products lead the field in design, quality, and performance.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Oil Drain Pans
Have you ever tried to drain the oil from your vehicle and ended up with a big, sloppy mess all over your garage floor? What you need is an oil drain pan. While it looks like a fancy bucket, what it does is prevent the oil from spilling and splattering all over the place while you drain it from your car. If you want to avoid spilling oil everywhere and not have to clean up a stubborn mess, invest in an oil drain pan you can use over and over again.
Depending on how big your automobile’s engine is, you’ll need to drain out somewhere between five and eight quarts of oil. That is a lot of fluid. If the worst happens and it spills all over your garage floor, it’s going to take you days to clean it up and you’ll need to get some harsh chemical cleaners. You will never get all of the spilled oil out of your concrete driveway and will be left with a large stain, too. When it comes to cars, it’s important to use job-specific tools so you can get the task done right and avoid a headache.
Oil changes are a necessary maintenance activity that is required to keep your car running well. Frequent oil changes ensure your engine runs smoothly, and they also help to increase overall performance, extend the lifespan of your engine and lower your fuel consumption. It’s not a task you can avoid, and using an oil drain pan makes it much easier. Draining oil from your engine can be difficult, but having the right tools ensures you’re getting the job done faster and with less mess.
The Oil Drain Pan Buying Guide
- When you’re looking for an oil drain pan, size is one of the most important factors to consider. You want to ensure that you can empty all of the oil in one go, so look for a pan that accommodates your vehicle. Keep in mind how far your car is off the ground. Bigger pans with higher profiles will be difficult to slide under your car if it’s been lowered.
- Handles are something you cannot underestimate. It’s very difficult to maneuver and carry a full oil drain pan with six quarts of oil. Choose an oil drain pan that has two handles that are placed conveniently for your needs.
- When it comes to the material of the oil drain pan, opt for a sturdy product made from tough polyethylene material. This will provide you with long-lasting durability. Just keep in mind that heavier oil drain pans will be more difficult to carry once they are full.
- If you want to avoid the mess of funneling and pouring the oil from the pan, go with an oil drain pan that comes with a lid. You can then store the oil directly in the pan without having to move it to another container. You can just empty the oil into the pan, put on the lid and then take it away. However, if you need to change the oil in several vehicles at once, then it might be best to use an oil drain pan that’s not also a storage container.
- Consider how easy it is to pour the oil out of the drip pan. Look for one that has multiple spouts in strategic places. This will help you avoid spills and messes.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide