Lucky Bums Snow Sport Helmet
Last updated date: November 8, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Adult Ski Helmets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Adult Ski Helmet you should buy.
Update as November 8, 2021:
Checkout The Best Adult Ski Helmet for a detailed review of all the top adult ski helmets.
The Lucky Bums Snow Sport Helmet is a perfect choice for skiers who want a custom fit. With four sizes and a micro adjustable strap, you can ensure that it fits perfectly. However, the airflow vents are not adjustable.
In our analysis of 52 expert reviews, the Lucky Bums Snow Sport Helmet placed 12th when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Lucky Bums Sports Helmet is everything you want in a helmet at an affordable price: it’s comfortable, stylish, durable, and most of all, functional. It features two protective layers, a padded chin strap, and goggle loop. Ready to go right out of the box, find your size and color today. This helmet has two reinforced layers. The external cap is made from strong ABS material, which is covered by a supporting EPS outer shell for dual protection. This helmet fully complies with EN1077 standards and is CE certified. There’s more than meets the eyes with the Lucky Bums Sports Helmet. Inside, the internal fabric lining and ear padding include a hypoallergenic and antibacterial treatment while the ESP inner shell features multiport with mesh screens to allow for ample airflow. In addition to being vented and hypoallergenic, this helmet is comfortable to wear all day long. Its padded chin strap and integrated goggle loop enhance comfort and function. There are 4 sizes to choose from and each helmet includes a micro adjustable strap for the perfect fit for just about anyone. We know how upsetting it is to have your day spoiled by seemly, uncomfortable, and undependable gear. That’s why we created Lucky Bums. We believe in our quality and put our money where our mouth is. Each helmet comes with Manufacturer’s Limited Lifetime Warranty, which protects against defects in materials or workmanship. Look good, feel good, be protected.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Our Expert Consultant
Certified Personal Trainer, Health and Wellness Expert
Stephanie Mansour, host of “Step It Up with Steph” on public broadcasting, has been coaching women for over a decade on how to lose weight and make it last. She has a Bachelor of Arts in communications with an emphasis on women’s studies and psychology from the University of Michigan. She holds certifications in life coaching, personal training, yoga and Pilates.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Adult Ski Helmets
In the winter months, skiing is a great physical activity where you can get some exercise while enjoying the chilly weather. However, like most sports, it’s important to keep safety in mind at all times. Skiing, whether you’re going downhill or cross-country, requires the right equipment. A helmet ensures that you are safe from head injuries while enjoying the sport.
“If you’re an avid skier or snowboarder, and you already own your own set of skis and equipment, then a ski helmet would be a great piece of equipment for you to purchase to take with you on your next ski trip,” says Stephanie Mansour, certified personal trainer, and health and wellness expert. “Adult ski helmets not only provide protection, but they also provide warmth on the slopes. There’s always the risk of a concussion or injuries when you’re skiing or snowboarding, especially if you’re going at high speeds and on difficult slopes.”
While a helmet is a smart choice, keep in mind that it does not make you invincible.
“While the helmet doesn’t guarantee that you’ll be 100% safe, it does significantly reduce the impact to your head if you do fall or land in a compromising position,” says Mansour.
There are many reasons to carefully choose the adult ski helmet for you.
“The benefits of purchasing this product are that you’ll be as safe as possible while skiing. You’ll be preventing major injuries to your head with very minimal effort: all you have to do is put the helmet on your head. This product can help reduce the effects of concussions, brain injuries, skull fractures, and cuts to the head,” reminds Mansour.
What enables a ski helmet to provide the protection you need? It depends on the way they are made.
“There are three types of helmets: half shell, full shell and full face. The half shell is the most popular, and provides protection for your entire head with soft ear pads,” explains Mansour. “Full shell helmets provide more protection around the ears and are meant for more full-speed or competitive skiers. The shell is the outer part of the helmet that will make contact during a fall.”
When you’re looking for the right adult ski helmet for you, be sure to make sure that the product is certified.
“Make sure to purchase a make and model that is certified so that you know you’re getting the best quality,” reminds Mansour. Certification “means it’s been tested and met the requirements and certified.”
While the helmet will keep your head safe during a fall, it is likely you’ll need to purchase a new one for your next run down the slopes.
“If you do fall and hit your head with the helmet, make sure to buy a new one for your next run,” says Mansour. “Most helmets are intended for single-use if they’re used to break a fall.”
This means that if your helmet has been involved during a fall, it will not be able to protect you the next time. That’s why it’s important to have it replaced right away.
The Adult Ski Helmet Buying Guide
- The most important element to consider when buying your adult ski helmet is the way it fits. This will not only ensure how safe you are during a fall or accident, but it will also keep you comfortable while skiing. “When trying on a helmet, make sure that the chin strap is fitted back against the throat and isn’t too loose,” says Mansour. “Pretend like you’re chewing food — it should fit comfortably enough so that you can chew without feeling uncomfortable.” Look for adult ski helmets that provide several adjustable features. This helps you ensure your helmet has a custom fit for your head. “For the fit, you want to make sure that the ski helmet doesn’t feel like it’s pinching you or moving around on your head. The front lid of the helmet should hit just above the eyebrows. The helmet should be snug all the way around your head,” explains Mansour.
- Some helmets have an adjustable fit with multiple sizing options. They may also include three sizes plus a tension dial on the back for a custom fit. The WildHorn Outfitters Drift Adult Snowboard & Ski Helmet comes in multiple sizes and has a buckle closure so you can adjust the strap to fit your head. Other helmets have an ErgoKnob adjustable dial, which is a simple one-handed twist dial that tightens and loosens the framework built into the helmet for a custom fit.
- Where safety is concerned, be sure to pay attention to the unique safety features and certifications each helmet offers. Choose one that fits the kind of skier you are. For example, the WildHorn Outfitters Drift Adult Snowboard & Ski Helmet has EPS construction that meets ASTM F2040 and EN1077 standards.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide