Love Home & Planet Vetiver & Tea Tree Oil Dish Soap, 6-Pack
Last updated date: April 17, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
We looked at the top Dish Soaps and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Dish Soap you should buy.
In our analysis of 85 expert reviews, the Love Home & Planet Love Home & Planet Vetiver & Tea Tree Oil Dish Soap, 6-Pack placed 7th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note April 23, 2020:
Checkout The Best Dish Soap for a detailed review of all the top dish soaps.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Our dish soap, packed with plant-based cleansers, effectively removes even stuck-on food residues and leaves your dishes squeaky-clean, plus it's vegan, cruelty-free and gluten-free. Our dish liquid will leave your dishes squeaky clean after that fabulous dinner party. Don't forget to go easy on the tap, so you can do a small act of love for the planet while doing your dishes. Infused with ethically sourced vetiver, and blended with Australian Tea Tree Oil, This dish soap blooms with earthy, green notes while the soft foam leaves a gentle caress on your hands. We've started our journey towards more eco-friendly cleaning products by loading our products with ingredients that come from renewable sources and packing them in recycled and recyclable bottles our goal is a carbon footprint so small, it's like we weren't even here. So every time you choose Love Home and Planet, you join our mission for a cleaner planet: we support environmental change-makers and our voluntary carbon tax supports recycling initiatives. How to use: you know what to do. Squeeze, lather and rinse. Don't forget to go easy on the tap. Not for use in automatic dishwashers. Septic safe. Our plant-based dish soap formula can appear cloudy in colder temperatures. This is normal and does not impact how well The product works! Bring back to room temperature (65-70 DegreeF) and cloudiness will disappear.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Dish Soaps
There’s nothing worse than spending money on a bottle of dish soap that doesn’t get your pots and pans nice and clean. You want a quality dish soap that can tackle everything from grease to stuck-on foods. That way you can spend less time at the kitchen sink and more time with your family and friends.
As you search for the best dish soap, look for a brand that has been dermatologist tested if you have sensitive skin. The Seventh Generation Free & Clear Dish Liquid Soap, 6-Pack is one such brand. It’s made using a hypoallergenic formula that is EPA Safer Choice Certified.
You’ll also want to consider specialty dish soaps made for families with infants and toddlers if you have small children at home. For example, the Babyganics Fragrance Free Dish & Bottle Soap, 2-Pack is free of fragrances, dyes, phosphates and phthalates. That means you can feel good about using it to wash your baby’s bottles, pacifiers and sippy cups. It’s also cruelty-free and never tested on animals.
Determine how effective the dish soap is against grease and stuck-on foods. Dawn Platinum Liquid Dish Soap & Sponge, 3-Pack is one brand that is well-known for tackling these issues. In fact, it’s listed as being four times more powerful at lifting away grease and able to release stuck-on foods in just a few seconds.
When you’ve narrowed down your search for the best dish soap to a few choices, go with the one that has a pleasant scent, like Mrs. Meyer’s Honeysuckle Liquid Dish Soap, 3-Pack. This dish soap uses a mixture of floral and fruit notes to create a sweet-smelling dish soap that will make you look forward to cleaning up after a meal.
DWYM Fun Fact
Did you know you can do much more with dish soap then clean your pots and pans? Here are just a few alternative uses for the dish soap you already have at home:
- Create an ice pack by filling a zipper sandwich bag with dish soap and freezing it.
- Make your own weed killer by combining one gallon of vinegar, one cup of salt and one tablespoon of dish soap.
- Exterminate fruit flies by pouring sweet-smelling dish soap in a jar, adding water and covering the jar with a sheet of plastic wrap that has a hole in the center.
- Clean automotive tools by soaking them in grease-fighting dish soap.
- Spray a combination of dish soap and water over a tire or ball that you may be suspicious has a leak. If there is a leak, the solution will bubble.
- Soak your jewelry in a mixture of water and seltzer for five minutes to get it clean and shiny again.
The Dish Soap Buying Guide
- Most dish soaps leave hands feeling dry afterward. It’s good practice to keep a bottle of moisturizing lotion next to your dish soap. After you’ve finished washing the dishes, you can rehydrate your hands with the lotion.
- Some dish soaps have a potent smell that may not be ideal for individuals who have an aversion to strong odors.
- Store bottles upright or in a leak-proof bag. Reviewers report that the bottles leak when placed on their sides.
- Concentrated soaps may require additional rinsing to be fully free of any soap residue.
- Dish soap can be used to pre-treat stains on clothing, as well as a laundry detergent substitute if you run out and can’t get to the store right away.
- Amaze your children with a fun magic trick using dish soap. Place some water in a bowl and decorate the surface of the water with black pepper. Coat your child’s finger in dish soap and have them stick their finger in the center of the bowl. The pepper will scatter like magic.
- If price is a factor in your selection of dish soap, you’ll need to compare the price per ounce. To get to this figure, you need to divide the total cost by the total number of ounces being sold. You’ll find the Seventh Generation Free & Clear Dish Liquid Soap, 6-Pack is the most affordable, followed by the Dawn Platinum Liquid Dish Soap & Sponge, 3-Pack and the Babyganics Fragrance Free Dish & Bottle Soap, 2-Pack. The Mrs. Meyer’s Honeysuckle Liquid Dish Soap, 3-Pack has the highest cost per ounce among the four.