Lorell 3-Door Moveable File Cabinet Set
Last updated: October 13, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Cabinet Sets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Cabinet Set you should buy.
With this 18-inch cabinet, you get two file drawers that easily fit letter-size hanging file folders, along with a smaller storage drawer on top for accessories like cables, pens or tablets. The top two drawers lock. Easy-roll casters on the bottom make sure you'll always have your files handy.
In our analysis, the Lorell 3-Door Moveable File Cabinet Set placed 3rd when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
SOHO File Cabinet offers convenient storage of files and supplies with an accessory drawer on top and two file drawers with smooth-glide suspension. The accessory drawer is perfect for cell phones, tablets, cables and small supplies. Full high-side drawers accommodate letter-size, hanging file folders. The lock secures the two top drawers. Four casters allow you to move the pedestal where you need it. Three-drawer organizer also includes an 18″ depth, recessed plastic handles and steel construction with a baked enamel finish.
Sometimes it seems like you never have enough storage. Sure, you have closets and kitchen cabinets, but you also seem to own a whole slew of extra items that you’d like to tuck away somewhere. For that, you can buy storage cabinets that you hang on a wall, set freestanding on the floor or place in a corner.
Before you start looking for a cabinet, though, you’ll need to first measure the space where you want to set it up. You’ll then be able to narrow down the options, since cabinets come in a wide variety of sizes.
Also, consider the type of finish you want your cabinet to have. You’ll find they come in a range of materials and colors. You might wish for a wood finish in a natural color, or perhaps you prefer white for a bright yet neutral look. You can also choose colorful painted hues like red and green. You’ll want to match your room’s current decor, so keep that in mind.
You’ll also want to determine how much capacity you need. This varies from one cabinet option to another, of course, but most cabinets come with some shelving. It can help to choose one with adjustable shelves so that you can move them around as your storage needs change.
You should also keep assembly in mind as you’re ordering. Unless you’re having cabinets custom-built, chances are you’ll have to put them together yourself. Some can be quite complicated. Make sure your cabinet of choice has well-written instructions to walk you through the steps as well as the hardware you need.
- Don’t just pay attention to the wood when you’re buying a cabinet. The hardware is also important. High-quality handles can go a long way.
- You’ll want your cabinets to look spotless, even if they’re lighter in color or in a high-use area like a laundry room or kitchen. Look for a cabinet with a finish that you can easily wipe clean.
- The capacity of the shelves inside your cabinet is also important. If you plan to store heavier items like books, you’ll need to check to make sure each shelf can handle the weight.
- You may choose a cabinet that needs to be mounted to a wall. For this, make sure you have the hardware and tools you’ll need to install it. You may also want to recruit help as well, to assist you with lifting it into place and holding it there while you work.
- If your cabinet sits on the floor, it might be prone to tipping over — particularly if you have little ones running around. You might need to consider an anti-tip bracket to keep it in place.