Logitech R400 Slide Advancer & Laser Pointer
Last updated date: January 9, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Laser Pointers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Laser Pointer you should buy.
Update as February 3, 2023:
Checkout The Best Laser Pointer for a detailed review of all the top laser pointers.
In our analysis, the Logitech Logitech R400 Slide Advancer & Laser Pointer placed 6th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Presenter mode,built in class 2 laser pointer, intuitive touch keys for easy slideshow control; AA batteries required (best with Polaroid AA batteries). Bright red laser pointer: Easy to see against most backgrounds. Up to 50 foot wireless range for freedom to move around the room. 2.4 GHz RF wireless technology, built in docking bay stores receiver for easy pack up and portability. There’s no software to install: Just plug the receiver into a USB port to begin: And when the show is over, you can store the receiver in the presenter.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Laser Pointers
If you’re looking for a laser pointer, there are many factors to consider when selecting the right one for you. Start with your choice of application – what do you need the laser pointer for? For example, a laser pointer for playing with your cat doesn’t need the same specifications as a laser pointer used for presentations. Similarly, if you want a laser pointer for noting constellations in the sky, you’re going to need more power than a laser pointer used in a confined space. Deciding on your usage will help you determine the specs of what you need.
Another aspect to consider is the color of the laser. Many people assume that laser pointers emit only red light, but that’s not the case. You can actually find laser pointers in different colors as well, such as blue, green and purple. The color of the laser is related to the wavelength it emits.
For those who are buying a laser pointer to point to something far away, such as a constellation in the sky or a presentation across a large conference room, the color of your laser matters. The human eye is much for sensitive to certain colors than others. In fact, a green laser is actually seven to ten times brighter than any other color, and is a better choice than the more popular red for these types of jobs. Keep visibility in mind when selecting the color of your laser pointer in relation to the task you’re using it for.
The Laser Pointer Buying Guide
- The output power of a laser pointer is an important factor to consider if you’re looking for a long range and a vibrant color. The power level, which is measured in milliwatts (mW), is what determines the brightness and range of the laser pointer. If you want a longer range, go for a higher milliwatt; if the range doesn’t matter, then a lower milliwatt will suffice.
- For some people, knowing the burning ability of the laser pointer is important. For example, laser pointers can be used to burn things such as matches, cigarettes, firecrackers and even balloons. If you want the laser pointer to be able to burn something, then you have to check that its output power is a minimum of 200 milliwatts. If it’s less than that, it will not have the intensity to burn anything. However, if the milliwattage is high, you do have to be extra careful with the laser pointer so that you don’t burn anything unintentionally.
- If you’re looking for a laser pointer specifically for presentations, a good feature to look for is Bluetooth connectivity. That way, the pointer can connect to the computer or other system you’re using and offer additional support during the presentation like volume control.
- For those who get a laser pointer for fun, such as for playing with your cat, opt for one that comes with different lens caps with patterns. That way, you can change the appearance of the laser from a dot to an image like a smiley face, paw print or mouse.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide