Logitech Fluid Crystal Technology HD Webcam, 720p
Last updated date: April 24, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Webcams and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Webcam you should buy.
Update as October 8, 2021:
Checkout The Best Webcam for a detailed review of all the top webcams.
In our analysis of 24 expert reviews, the Logitech Fluid Crystal Technology HD Webcam, 720p placed 11th when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Logitech HD Webcam C270—making HD video calling simple.
Say it bigger. Say it better. High definition 720p video in widescreen for picture quality that’s simply amazing.
Self-expression knows no bounds. It’s not just about video calls anymore.
Video blog, stream, share, rant, rap, sing and dance with ease. Plus it works seamlessly with your favorite applications. The term ‘webcam’ doesn’t quite do it justice. The smoothest HD video calls with more video frames per second than other HD webcams
Show friends more of you in 16:9 widescreen
Easy to stream video, share your recorded videos or vblog. Enjoy fluid HD 720p calls on Skype, Windows Live Messenger and Logitech Vid HD—the free, fast and fast easy way to see your loved ones face-to-face.
With automatic light correction, you’ll get the best possible image—even if you make a video call in dim light.
The built-in mic reduces background noise so the person you’re calling hears you loud and clear.
Logitech Fluid Crystal Technology
Now it’s in every Logitech webcam, giving you:
Smoother video motion, without annoying choppiness, in real-world conditions
Sharper video with more true-to-life detail
Richer, more natural colors
Clearer sound Sleek universal design
Clips securely to any laptop or LCD monitor
Flat panel design looks great with the latest laptop styles
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Webcams
Video is more popular than ever. Whether you’re promoting a business or having fun with friends, it’s never been easier to shoot high-quality video and upload it to share with the world. But to capture great video, you’ll need to make sure you have the right camera.
At this point, every device you own probably has a camera on it. Chances are, your phone, tablet, laptop or computer monitor have cameras built in. But the camera that came with your devices may not give you the audio and video quality you need to shoot high-quality visuals.
That’s where a good webcam comes in. Even if your goal isn’t to be the next YouTube star, a good webcam can go well beyond the capabilities of your built-in cameras. If you’re hosting a videoconference, for instance, a webcam can capture a larger swath of your conference room, including your entire team in the shot. Webcams also often include features like noise cancelation to make your meetings clearer and more enjoyable for participants.
But there are many options on the market. That means you can find exactly the webcam that fits your purposes. It’s important to first understand all the available features, though, so you can more easily narrow things down. You’ll likely find no shortage of cameras promising HD video, for instance, but when choosing between 1080P and 720P, 1080P isn’t necessarily always better. Look at features like color correction and low-light correction to make sure you’ll get the shot you want every time.
Audio isn’t the only consideration when choosing a video camera. You’ll also need a built-in microphone that can capture sound accurately. Crystal-clear audio is imperative, whether you’re on a conference call or performing your latest song. Lastly, there’s the build of the camera itself. Consider where you’ll be using it and where you’ll set it so that it can reach the device that will be capturing the recording.
The Webcam Buying Guide
- Flexibility is important in a webcam. You’ll want to be able to easily reposition it without moving it too far from the device you’ve plugged it into. Look for a webcam that can both move horizontally and tilt vertically.
- A webcam will need a way to record the video and audio it’s recording. Your webcam should come with a USB cable that you then plug into the back of your computer or laptop.
- Autofocus will ensure that your video is crisp and clear. A camera that includes automatic color correction and auto white balance will also keep you in front of the camera, rather than worrying about the technical details going on inside it.
- Video can take up significant storage space on your PC or cloud server. Compression comes in handy for capturing high-quality video without forcing you to worry about storing it.
- If you’re using your webcam for tasks like videoconferencing, prioritize one that promotes compatibility with your platform of choice.
- Crisp, clear audio is great, but if you ever plan to record in a noisy environment like an office or a café, look for a webcam that includes noise cancelation.
- Privacy has become a concern with webcams. One with a protective shutter over the lens will keep you safe if hackers somehow find a way to compromise your camera.
- Video resolution can change from one application to another. Keep in mind that if a camera advertises high resolution during recordings, that won’t necessarily be the resolution you’ll get while Skyping or Zooming.
- It’s easy for a webcam manufacturer to advertise great audio quality when you’re seated directly in front of it. A good microphone can pick up sound even when you’re several feet away or more. If you’ll be recording videos of yourself performing or doing some type of training, this will be an important feature.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide