Lodge Reversible Cast Iron Griddle For Outdoor Grilling
Last updated date: March 28, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Griddles For Outdoor Grilling and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Griddle For Outdoor Grilling you should buy.
Update as March 28, 2023:
Checkout The Best Griddle For Outdoor Grilling for a detailed review of all the top griddles for outdoor grilling.
This double-sided griddle for outdoor grilling has two different cooking surfaces. It is seasoned with 100 percent vegetable oil so your food won’t stick. The griddle offers a restaurant-quality sear.
In our analysis, the Lodge Lodge Reversible Cast Iron Griddle For Outdoor Grilling placed 1st when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Item Shape: Rectangular Included Components: Measurement Guide Fits over two stovetop burners Dual handles for great control Unparalleled heat retention and even heating Pre-seasoned with 1% natural vegetable oil Use to sear, bake, broil, fry, or grill
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Griddles For Outdoor Grilling
If you love cooking in the great outdoors over a grill, a must-have cooking accessory is a griddle. A griddle has a flat top or a ridged top (and sometimes both), and enables you to cook certain items that you wouldn’t be able to make on traditional grill grates. Foods like eggs, pancakes and bacon are a few examples, as are delicate fish and vegetables. Some people even use griddles for outdoor grilling as a way to cook in bulk, because you simply have more surface area as compared to when you cook indoors.
There are three main types of griddles for outdoor cooking. The first and largest is the dedicated griddle. This is a complete unit, similar to a grill, that has a flat top instead of grill grates. While on the costly side, they are ideal for those who need a large surface area for cooking, such as people who entertain large crowds often or small restaurants.
Another type is the portable griddle, which is smaller than the dedicated griddle, as well as more affordable. It is a complete unit that can be placed on top of a flat surface such as a table while in use. Because they are smaller in size, they are easy to move around – and some people even take them camping. They are typically connected to one-pound propane canisters.
For those people who already have a grill they like and just want the option of a different type of cooking surface, a griddle that can be placed on grill grates is a good choice. Almost acting like a pan, this type of griddle becomes hot when it is in contact with the heat on the grill grates. These types of griddles are small and compact, as well as highly affordable. They are ideal for cookouts in your backyard when you’re making a type of food that can’t be cooked on a traditional grill surface.
The Griddle For Outdoor Grilling Buying Guide
- One of the most important factors to consider is the amount of surface area you need. How much food will you be cooking at one time? What type of food will you be cooking most often? How much time do you have to cook? Answering questions like these will help you determine how big a surface area you need.
- Taking proper care of your griddle is essential if you want to be able to use it for years to come. Once you’ve finished cooking and it has cooled down, use a grill spatula to scrape away any stuck-on food and grease off the surface of the griddle. Wet a large paper towel with water and rub it over the griddle to remove any remaining residue. If there is a lot of stubborn debris, you can use a nylon scouring pad to scrub the surface of the griddle. Lastly, rinse the surface with water and dry it with a soft cloth, or let it air dry. Ensure it’s fully dry before putting it away so that you don’t encourage the development of rust.
- When it comes to materials the griddle is made of, stainless steel, cast iron and chrome are all excellent choices because they do not rust easily. If you opt for aluminum or regular steel, make sure it has a rust-proof coating on it.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide