Livin’ Well Chemical-Free Steel Bug Zapper
Last updated date: July 27, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bug Zappers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bug Zapper you should buy.
Update as July 27, 2022:
Checkout The Best Bug Zapper for a detailed review of all the top bug zappers.
When searching for a long-lasting bug zapper, stop and check out this model, which runs for up to 10,000 hours. Flies, gnats and mosquitoes don't stand a chance, as the zapper uses 4,000 volts of electricity. The bottom tray is completely removable, so you won't have any trouble cleaning out the unit once a week.
In our analysis of 28 expert reviews, the Livin’ Well Chemical-Free Steel Bug Zapper placed 2nd when we looked at the top 17 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
High Powered Bug Zapper: A convenient and effective fly zapper and mosquito killer for your home; this outdoor / indoor mosquito zapper uses 4,000V of electric fly killer power to effectively get rid of flying pests. Wider Defense Range Up to 1,500 sq. ft.: This weatherproof mosquito killer lamp and outdoor bug zapper keeps both indoor and outdoor living spaces like your bedroom, living room, kitchen, patio, deck, and backyard safe from flying and biting insects. Triple Mosquito Control: Featuring an 18W UVA bug light, a galvanized steel insect killer grid, and an insect trap attract, zap, catch, and trap mosquitoes, flies, gnats; bug zapper lamp features a standing base with 6-ft. cord and a UV lamp hook for hanging. Long-lasting, EZ-Clean Mosquito Light: These bug zappers measure 6” D x 13.5” H and last up to 8,000 hours to protect your home well beyond the summer mosquito season; unscrew and rinse the bottom mosquitoes trap tray for easy cleanup. Electric Bug Zapper: We hope your outdoor / indoor bug zapper and mosquito trap is the perfect fit for your home! EPA Establishment Number 89857-CHN-1.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bug Zappers
Few things can disrupt a beautiful summer night outdoors like pesky insects. Even worse, sometimes one of those pests invades your home. You can spend days swatting at a fly before it finally dies of natural causes. Or you can kill it with a fly swatter or shoo it outside. Either way, you’ll find as soon as you’ve gotten rid of one, another isn’t far behind.
Bug zappers do all that work for you, purging your personal areas of flies, fireflies and whatever else can squeeze its way inside. Using electricity, these devices have ultraviolet light that draws certain insects in.
Unfortunately, mosquitoes generally aren’t attracted to ultraviolet light, so these zappers haven’t proven to be as effective in eliminating those. However, realizing this issue, some modern zappers have an additional feature to attract mosquitoes. It’s important to realize, though, that if you choose a zapper with this feature, you may be required to purchase separate cartridges on a regular basis, upping the cost of the unit you choose.
One of the biggest ways not all bug zappers are created equal is location suitability. Some zappers are made for indoor use only, while others can be used only outdoors. Still others are versatile enough to be functional either inside or outside, making them easy to move around as your needs change.
Although bug zappers vaporize the bugs they zap, you will find that they do leave some residue behind. This means occasionally you’ll need to clean it. If this is a dreaded task, look for a zapper with an easily removable tray that you can wash and bring back without much effort. Clog resistance is an additional benefit since bugs can get trapped due to the design of some bug zappers.
The Bug Zapper Buying Guide
- Before you shop, know the types of insects you’re hoping to eliminate. If, like many, you want protection against all flying insects, you’ll need to look for one that builds in mosquito protection since mosquitoes aren’t attracted to the ultraviolet light standard bug zappers use. Try to find a zapper that uses separately sold cartridges that attract mosquitoes.
- Bug zappers are made either for indoor or outdoor use. Check out which area your zapper is designed for before you buy.
- If you’re buying a bug zapper for outdoors, you’ll need to consider your yard size. Some zappers can cover an area of half an acre, which should handle most city and suburban yards. You may need to use an extension cord to reach all of that yard space.
- As insects die, they leave behind a residue that may need to be cleaned. Obviously, you’ll want this process to be as easy as possible. Look for zappers with trays that are easy to remove and wash.
- Clogs can also be a problem with bug zappers. Zappers with grid designs can resist clogging.
- Although you likely won’t be touching your bug zapper on the regular, you’re likely concerned about safety if you have children around. Zappers with casing designed to protect against burns are ideal for homes with children or pets.
- Bug zappers are generally fairly cheap. Some are commercial grade but approved for home use. Although this makes them very effective, it also pushes the price tag up by hundreds of dollars.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide