Linenspa 8-Inch Memory Foam & Innerspring Hybrid-Mattress
Last updated date: October 8, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Mattresses For Kids and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Mattress For Kids you should buy.
Kids get increased comfort and support with this medium-firm hybrid mattress. The plush layer of memory foam offers softness while the innerspring layer provides stability and bounce. The mattress is available in different height profiles. In our analysis of 49 expert reviews, the Linenspa Linenspa 8-Inch Memory Foam Hybrid-Mattress placed 4th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note October 8, 2020:
Checkout The Best Mattresses For Kids for a detailed review of all the top mattresses for kids.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Add the pressure point relief of memory foam to the reliable support of a traditional spring mattress, and you have the revolutionary comfort of the hybrid mattress. A layer of memory foam is quilted in the soft, knit cover and placed over a 1.5 inch layer of comfort foam to create an incredibly comfortable sleep surface. The foam conforms to the unique curves of your body to minimize pressure points. Beneath the foam top, 6 inch steel coils offer the support and durability of a spring mattress. This design distributes body weight to contour and support as you sleep. The spring layer provides the traditional bounce many like in an innerspring mattress, and improves the breathability of the mattress. This mattress is rolled and shipped in a box for convenient delivery and setup. Simply take the box to the proper room, Carefully remove packaging, and watch as the mattress expands to its true size. This mattress comes with a 10 year U.S. warranty that guards against manufacturer defect.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Mattresses For Kids
When it comes to a child’s growth and development, sleep plays an important factor. Kids spend so much of their days digesting new information about the world, that they need to decompress and relax at night. Proper sleep, which starts with a good mattress, affects things like memory, learning ability, immune system and school performance.
Each child has unique needs when it comes to selecting a mattress that works for them. Consider their sleeping position and body temperature when deciding what kind of mattress to go with, along with your budget. An innerspring mattress is a durable option that’s firm and sturdy. It won’t buckle when kids jump and roughhouse on the bed. This kind of mattress works for back, stomach and side sleepers.
A memory foam mattress is a popular choice for older kids, but not ideal for infants and toddlers. It’s good for kids who sleep on their back or side, but not great for stomach sleepers as it gives the feeling of sinking into the mattress, which many people don’t like to have around their face. Some memory foam mattresses are infused with a cooling gel. This is a good option if your child sleeps warm and often wakes up hot and sweaty. The gel can help keep their body temperature cool at night so they have a comfortable sleep. Keep in mind that some memory foam mattresses can have a peculiar smell for the first couple of weeks. The smell itself is harmless and will go away with good ventilation, but it can disturb some children and adults.
A hybrid mattress is a combination of an innerspring mattress and a memory foam mattress. It has the firmness of the innerspring, with the cushiness of a memory foam mattress. It typically works with all sleeping positions.
DWYM Fun Fact
If your child has had a bedwetting incident and the odor lingers in the mattress, this can be disruptive to their sleep and cause embarrassment. You can naturally deodorize the mattress once you’ve cleaned it. Sprinkle baking soda over where the bedwetting happened. You can also add on three to five drops of a fragrant essential oil. Leave the mixture on the mattress for 15 minutes, and then wipe it away with a wet cloth. You can also use a vacuum to clean it up. Then use a fan to air out and dry the mattress completely before putting the sheets back on.
The Mattress For Kids Buying Guide
- When you’re looking for the right mattress for kids, first consider their primary sleeping position. This will help determine what kind of support and comfort they need from their mattress at night. For example, a child that sleeps on their back or on their stomach will need firmer support that reduces the amount of sinkage into the mattress. A child that sleeps on their side may need a softer mattress that enables their hips and elbows to sink into the material.
- The firmness of a mattress is important, but keep in mind that mattresses will feel firmer to children than adults. How firm a mattress feels actually depends on your weight. Since kids are lighter than adults, they don’t tend to sink into mattresses as much as adults. As a result, even a soft memory foam mattress may feel firm to them.
- Edge support is about how secure and firm the edge of a mattress feels when a child is sleeping on it. If the edge of the mattress feels like it’s going to buckle or slant, then the child may stay close to the center of the mattress. This reduces the usable surface area of the bed.
- If anyone in your family suffers from allergies, opt for a mattress made from hypoallergenic materials. This way, the mattress will be resistant to mold, pet dander, dust mites and pollen, enabling your little one to have a peaceful sleep without waking up with itchy eyes and a runny nose.
- In order to ensure the mattress wears evenly, be sure to rotate it, so that the head side is at the foot side, every six months. This way, you won’t end up with any indents on one side of the mattress, making it last longer.