Linea di Liara LL-P315-SB Effimero Large Hanging Pendant Light
Last updated date: December 8, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Pendant Lights and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Pendant Light you should buy.
Update as September 8, 2021:
Checkout The Best Pendant Light for a detailed review of all the top pendant lights.
With multiple size and color options, this light lets you customize your look to fit your own decor. The design features a clear cylindrical shade with the light dropping down into it. It works with most medium-base bulbs and is compatible with smart and dimmable bulbs, but check the specs to make sure.
In our analysis of 23 expert reviews, the Linea di Liara Effimero Large Hanging Pendant Light placed 8th when we looked at the top 13 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Perfect Pendant: The Effimero large modern glass hanging pendant light fixture makes a dramatic design statement. The industrial farmhouse light design features a clear cylinder pendant light shade and metal hardware. The adjustable height Effimero hanging ceiling light blends with many decor styles and is perfect as pendant lighting for kitchen island, over kitchen tables and counters, as a dining room light, hallway or bathroom pendant lighting. Metal construction with a satin brass finish, Measures 5 inches wide by 17.5 inches high; shade measures 5 inches in diameter by 11 inches high, Adjustable - includes 5 hard stems in assorted lengths for a variety of hanging heights; 14.5 inches minimum hanging height and 58.5 inches maximum hanging height, Dimmable when used with dimmable bulb and compatible dimmer switch, Uses one E26-base bulb, 60W max (not included), Works with most bulbs - compatible with smart bulbs or most medium base bulbs up to 60W, 4.25 inch round swivel canopy works with sloped or vaulted ceilings, UL listed. Effimero Large Clear Pendant Light: Pendant light clear shade kitchen lighting over island dining room hanging lamp fixture modern. Effimero Features: Pendant light clear shade kitchen lighting over island dining room hanging lamp fixture modern. Versatile and Highly Rated: With its clean metal finish, visible bulb and clear shade, the Effimero pendant lets light shine through. Hang one over a table or many over a kitchen island or kitchen counter. The versatility of the Effimero pendant light compliments a wide variety of home decor styles. Smart Bulb Compatible: This fixture uses one E26-base bulb 60W max (not included) and is dimmable when used with a compatible dimmer switch. Additional compatible bulbs include: Smart bulbs, Wi-Fi enabled and color changing bulbs, Incandescent - traditional tungsten filament clear or frosted bulbs and Edison bulbs, LED - medium base LED bulbs last longer and use less energy than most other types of bulbs, CFL - screw type compact fluorescent bulbs, including spiral and twin tube types, Halogen - medium base halogen bulbs. No Visible Wiring - Adjustable Hanging Height: The Effimero features an adjustable hanging height and includes 5 hard stems in the associated finish, so you can choose the length that's right for your space. An assembly note, the threaded ends of the rods may removed for easier wire threading. Simply unscrew, thread the wire through the rod and screw back into place. We’re all in this together and at Linea Lighting we believe that each and every one of us can make a difference in the world. From delivering shoes to schools or supporting kids with the essentials they need – from the moment our company was founded, we’ve given back to the community. A percentage of every sale is donated to worthy charitable organizations. Check out our favorites – Shoes that Fit, Cradles to Crayons, St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital and the Jackson Chance Foundation. Top rated and U.S. based, we stand behind our products: At Linea Lighting in Glendale Heights, IL, we care about the inside as much as the outside and work to deliver consistent quality and satisfaction. We stand behind our products and aim to make every interaction with our company as simple as possible. We’re passionate about customer experience - our US based customer support team actively listens to customer feedback and we learn from their comments and suggestions.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Pendant Lights
The word “pendant” typically refers to a piece of jewelry that dangles from a chain around the neck. Similarly, a pendant light hangs from the ceiling on a chain, often looking like a larger version of the necklace type of pendant.
But pendant lights are as varied as any other type of ceiling fixture. You can find them in multiples, as well as with different types of shades. With some pendant lights, you can adjust the chain length to position the light at exactly the height you want. Some also have a chandelier effect, allowing you to hang each light at different lengths for a more distinctive look.
At its most basic, though, a pendant light is just a single bulb with a cylindrical cover. The cover is usually made of glass, of varying degrees of transparency and thickness. If you go for one that is more fragile in design, make sure it’s positioned so that it can’t be accidentally bumped into. Not only can it be dangerous, but you may also find it tough to replace the cover once it’s been damaged.
Where do pendant lights belong in the home? The possibilities are endless. Often, though, you’ll see them in kitchens — particularly over islands and tables — or in entryways and stairwells. You can also buy pendant lights for outdoor areas like porches, although you’ll definitely want to find one with plenty of durability if it’s going in an area where it will be exposed to wind and flying creatures like birds.
Pendant lights also come in useful for work areas. You can hang them over a workbench in a garage or a desk in an office. As long as you won’t bump your head on it every time you stand, pendant lights are a great way to light up the areas of your home where you spend the most time.
The Pendant Light Buying Guide
- Matching your existing décor can be tricky. But you can find pendant lights for almost every style. If your home boasts a rustic or farmhouse motif, you may find a brass or oil-rubbed bronze finish is the perfect fit.
- Some pendant lights have a cylindrical dome that’s so transparent, the light bulb appears to float in midair. This creates an intriguing look that puts it a step above your usual ceiling fixture.
- Installing any light fixture can take a little work. While many are easy enough to piece together, if you don’t already have wiring installed, you’ll have to take care of that first. If you’re replacing an existing light fixture, though, you’ll just need to cut the power on the electrical panel and attach the wires.
- Pay close attention to the size of the base on the light you buy. Before you make your purchase, measure the hole where you’ll be installing it and make sure the base is large enough to cover the area.
- The dome that covers the lightbulb is essential. Handblown glass is popular, but it’s not as translucent as other options. Make sure the glass itself is thick enough that it will be durable, especially if the light is in an area where someone might accidentally bump into it occasionally.
- A pendant light with an adjustable chain offers more flexibility than those without. With an adjustable chain, you can easily increase and decrease the length as needed.
- While the lightbulb you choose will influence the amount of light your fixture provides, the light itself plays into that. Check to see the types of bulbs the pendant light supports. Some may not support smart bulbs or dimmable bulbs or even LEDs.
- If you’re looking for lights to install in a moisture-prone area like a bathroom, you’ll need to look for one that’s rated for that. This also holds true if you’re installing it in a kitchen, directly above a sink or stove.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide