Limm Microspikes Crampons Ice Traction Cleats
Last updated date: September 29, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Winter Traction Devices and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Winter Traction Device you should buy.
Update as September 29, 2020:
Checkout The Best Winter Traction Device for a detailed review of all the top winter traction devices.
This winter traction device has tiny spikes that are quick to grip the slippery surface you're walking on. They can be used during a fishing trip, when walking through the snow or hiking up a mountain. Since they are constructed from a stretchy rubber, you won't have any trouble fitting them over your shoes.
In our analysis of 58 expert reviews, the Limm Microspikes Crampons Ice Traction Cleats placed 7th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Why Limm Traction Cleats They are affordable, lightweight, effective, portable, and easy to slip on and off which make them a simple yet efficient solution for reducing the risk of falls during treacherous slippery conditions when walking to work, school, or even to the mailbox. They are great for a variety of winter activities as well. The 10 steel studs offer serious traction which makes them perfect for pedestrians, professionals and the elderly. So, if abrasions and injuries kept you away from winter sports, it is high time to unleash your energy and enjoy the adventurous sports to your heart’s content. These high-quality traction cleats will keep you out of the harm’s way. Benefits Portable – Can be rolled up to fit into bags, purses and even pockets. Quickly Mountable – Can be slipped over footwear in seconds. Functional Design – Each one is equipped with 10 tough steel spikes in a TPE base to offer a comfortable and safe walk. Fit around the shoe perfectly. Multipurpose Traction – Perfect for everyday use, outdoor winter work or a variety of winter activities such as ice fishing, hunting, walking, jogging, hiking, running, snow shoveling, etc. High Quality Material – Finest quality TPE material is used in the manufacturing process to ensure durability, strength and high quality. Available in four sizes: Small: fits shoe size W4-6, M1-3 Medium: fits shoe size W5.5-9, M3.5-6.5 Large: fits shoe size W8.5-11, M6.5-8.5 Extra Large: fits shoe size W11-12, M8.5-13 *For oversized shoes or boots, we recommend purchasing one size larger than your normal shoe size. The manufacturer, Limm, offers a Lifetime Guarantee. If you do not love it for any reason, simply contact the manufacturer for a complete no-hassle refund. Add your Limm Ice Traction Cleats now!
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Winter Traction Devices
Once winter hits, the ground can become hard and slippery. While you may be able to navigate the ice and snow-covered ground to complete your day-to-day activities, you’ll need a little extra support when participating in certain outdoor adventures. That’s where winter traction devices come in. They slip right over your shoes or boots and provide that extra traction you need to stay upright.
So what activities are winter traction devices best used for? These cleats can be used for everything from shoveling the snow off your driveway to hiking up a mountain. If you’re going for a walk over loose gravel or down a muddy road, you’ll find these cleats are a lifesaver. Additionally, the cleats work great during an ice fishing trip, as the spikes dig into the ice to keep you from slipping.
When shopping for the best pair of winter traction cleats, you’ll want to look at the construction material. A TPE elastic rubber top membrane is ideal, as it’s stretchy, lightweight and won’t tear. The spikes should be made from a premium stainless steel, as this metal is the most durable. Some models also have a reinforced metal chain system that adds to the strength of the cleats.
Check the number of spikes on the winter traction device, as well as the spike’s direction. You’ll find some models have just 10 spikes, while others boast as many as 24. A lesser number of spikes is fine for walks in the snow and mud, but a higher number is ideal for hikes and icy surfaces. Most of the devices have the spikes projecting downward, but you will come across a few models with multi-directional spikes.
Don’t forget to look for any extra features the winter traction device may have to offer. Some models coat their spikes with zinc to help prevent rust from forming. Others come with a carry bag for travel and storage. You’ll even find cleats in a variety of colors, like orange, blue, black and brown.
The Winter Traction Device Buying Guide
- It is not safe to wear any winter traction devices when driving. You’ll need to arrive at your destination and then put the cleats on over your shoes or boots. When you return to the car after completing your adventure, you’ll need to remove the cleats before getting back on the road.
- Check the sizing chart for the cleats you’d like to purchase, as there are different recommended sizes for the type of shoe you’re wearing. For example, the cleat sizes for trail runners might be different than the sizes for hiking boots and fishing and insulated boots. It’s also a good idea to check reviews to see whether other customers had to size up or down based on their experience with the traction devices.
- When putting the winter traction device over your shoes, first place the toe of the cleats over the toe portion of the shoe. You can then wrap the cleats across the bottom of the shoe and up over the heel.
- Chances are your winter traction devices will become dirty as you cross muddy surfaces. To clean them, you’ll need to grab a bowl of soapy dish water and a toothbrush. Use the toothbrush to get in between all of the spikes. Rinse the cleats off and immediately dry them with a lint-free towel to prevent rust from forming on the spikes.
- Water traction devices come in a wide price range. The Yaktrax Slip On Steel Coil Walking Traction Cleats are the most affordable, while the Cimkiz Stainless Steel Anti-Slip Crampon Boot Spikes and the STABILicers Walk Traction Cleats have a more moderate cost. The Hillsound Carbon Steel Trail Crampon Traction Device comes in with the highest price tag, as it’s made using an ergonomic design and has longer spikes.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide