LIFETIME UV-Protected Quiet Porch Glider
Last updated date: November 12, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Porch Gliders and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Porch Glider you should buy.
Update as January 14, 2023:
Checkout The Best Porch Glider for a detailed review of all the top porch gliders.
In our analysis, the LIFETIME LIFETIME UV-Protected Quiet Porch Glider placed 11th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Creating the perfect place to enjoy a nice afternoon, the Lifetime Glider Bench is the ideal addition to your yard. Constructed of weather-resistant polystyrene simulated wood, the bench is designed to be the perfect size to easily fit on a porch or patio. The Lifetime Glider Bench is UV-protected and will not fade, crack, chip, or peel. Unlike wooden benches, the polystyrene will not splinter or warp, and never needs to be painted or varnished. The ball bearings create a smooth, quiet glide, and the 48 in. steel frame has a powder-coated, rust-resistant finish to ensure that your Glider Bench will last for years. Features a 44 in. weather-resistant polystyrene simulated wood bench (mocha brown) and 48 in. Bronze powder-coated steel frame. 2-year limited warranty.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Porch Gliders
There is nothing quite as serene as sitting on your porch and enjoying a beautiful sunset with a loved one. While there are plenty of comfortable and relaxing outdoor seating options, there is something special about a porch glider. Similar to a bench, a glider usually seats two people. The gliding mechanism at the bottom of the seat enables you and your partner to gently sway back and forth. This is not only a soothing feeling, but it’s playful and fun as well. Children of all ages love sitting on a glider and moving gently back and forth. Dogs and cats also find it a perfect spot for a late afternoon snooze.
When you’re deciding what kind of seating to get for your porch, you’ll need to carefully measure the amount of space you have. If you’re interested in a glider, pay special attention to the depth of your porch. Unlike a bench or a couch, a glider cannot go up against a wall or railing. Because it moves back and forth, you need to have at least a few feet of extra space both behind and in front of it. This will enable you to glide freely without fear of bumping into anything.
The Porch Glider Buying Guide
- When buying a porch glider, it’s vital to select one made from weather-resistant materials. Even if your porch is covered and the glider will be largely protected from the elements, it’s best to go with a hardy and durable material that can withstand rain, snow, sun and extreme temperatures. Good options include teak, aluminum, resin wicker and high-density polyethylene lumber.
- The style of your porch glider helps to set the mood for the space. For example, a rustic wooden glider looks more on the casual end while an aluminum one appears more modern and sleek. Decide what kind of feel you want to create for your outdoor seating space.
- Consider storage for your outdoor furniture. For example, during the winter months, will you leave the glider on your porch or will you move it into a garage or shed? If you live in a cold climate that sees a lot of snow and rain, this is an important element to consider. The weight of the porch glider will affect how easily you can move it into and out of storage. If it is too heavy, it may need to stay on the porch during cold seasons. You can consider covering it with a tarp in that case.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide