Libbey Stemless Champagne Flutes, 12-Piece
Last updated date: April 9, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Champagne Flutes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Champagne Flute you should buy.
Update as May 19, 2020:
Checkout The Best Champagne Flute for a detailed review of all the top champagne flutes.
In our analysis of 44 expert reviews, the Libbey Stemless Champagne Flute, 12 Pack placed 10th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Perfect for casual dining and entertaining, Libbey’s set of 12 stemless champagne flute glasses feature a sophisticated, upscale curved design that’s ideal for all your bubbly beverages. Durable and chip resistant, this crystal clear stemless drinkware is stable, ergonomic, and balanced for less tipping and more sipping. This set includes twelve 8.5-ounce flute glasses. Offering more than just a trendy, modern design, Libbey’s stemless champagne flutes feature a slender bowl and narrow rim to optimize the bouquet, taste, and effervescence of champagne, prosecco, mimosas, sparkling wine, or any fruity fizz. These versatile glasses can also be used for serving chilled water, cocktails, and more. Bring them home for yourself, or present as a gift at weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, or any celebration. Each champagne glass measures 5.75 inches tall and 2.25 inches round. Dishwasher safe for quick, easy cleanup. Made lead-free in the USA.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Champagne Flutes
Champagne is for more than celebrating. The bubbly beverage can be a great addition to any occasion, from elaborate parties to simply unwinding after a long day of work. But if you’re a fan of any type of wine, you likely already know that the design of the glass you use plays an essential role in your enjoyment.
A champagne flute is built to reduce the surface area at the top of the glass, keeping air escape to a minimum. For sparkling wines, that preserves bubbles, preventing your beverage from going flat a few sips in. However, not all types of sparkling wines do best with a flute. The tall, narrow design works best with extremely dry sparkling wines, including Brut, Extra-Brut and Brut Nature.
One debate that seems to continue to rage between wine connoisseurs concerns stemless versus stemmed glasses. Stems have long been used to keep the hand away from the beverage. As your hand cups the glass, it warms the liquid inside, and you’ll want your champagne to remain chilled as long as possible.
However, in recent years, stemless glasses have become more popular, especially for those who don’t plan to hold the glass while drinking. Stemmed glasses are easy to accidentally knock over. This is especially true of champagne flutes, which tend to be top-heavy. If you prefer a stemmed glass, yet you fear an accident, a white wine glass may be a better option for your sparkling wines.
The type of glass also factors into your enjoyment. Fine crystal is not only attractive, but it tends to keep that chill you want. However, it can be delicate, making it more likely you’ll keep it in storage except for special occasions. Be honest with yourself as you’re shopping and choose a champagne flute that you’ll feel comfortable using every day.
The Champagne Flute Buying Guide
- Champagne flutes can be top-heavy, so keep durability in mind while you’re shopping. The glass should be thick enough to hold up to accidental drops without adding weight. The upper rim should also be thick enough to withstand chipping.
- If you’re having a party, you may find disposable champagne flutes more feasible. You can toss them in the trash when the party is over. This also allows you to buy enough glasses for a crowd when you typically only need enough for your adult family members.
- Although champagne flutes made from fine crystal can be impressive, it will need to be treated with care. This means you may end up saving them for special occasions.
- Some champagne flutes can be washed in the dishwasher, while others require hand washing.
- Champagne flutes come in both stemless and stemmed versions. Although glasses with stems keep your hands away from the part of the glass holding the liquid, stemless glasses are less likely to be knocked over.
- Storing stemmed wine glasses of any type can be complicated, as they typically aren’t stackable. Consider where you will keep your glasses between uses.
- Disposable champagne flutes can often be washed and reused at least one more time. They’re also stackable for easy storage.
- Pay attention to the capacity of the champagne flutes you choose. Typically, you’ll find they hold between 7 and 9 ounces.
- For taking champagne on the go, you can’t go wrong with an insulated tumbler. They’re designed to keep your drink chilled for hours. It also keeps sparkling wines from going flat. Best of all, the larger insulated wine tumblers can hold a large amount of wine at once.
- Borosilicate glass is tough enough for a variety of environments. You can often put champagne flutes made of this type of glass in the dishwasher, or even store in the freezer or heat in the microwave if you must. Crystal flutes are more sensitive.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide