LIANYU Salad Forks, Set of 12
Last updated date: January 6, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Salad Forks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Salad Fork you should buy.
You'll love the weight of the LIANYU Salad Forks, Set of 12, as it provides a sturdy grip. That makes it possible to attach and lift each bite of lettuce on the first try. The edges of the salad forks are also smooth, so you don't have to worry about accidental cuts. Since the forks are your standard shiny silver, you won't have any trouble matching them to your other flatware. In our analysis of 4 expert reviews, the LIANYU LIANYU Salad Forks, Set of 12 placed 4th when we looked at the top 4 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note January 8, 2020:
Checkout The Best Salad Fork for a detailed review of all the top salad forks.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
LIANYU Stainless Steel Salad Forks Set, is a solid constructed item for everyday use. These appetizer forks are made of high quality pure stainless steel which is rust proof and durable. Feels sturdy but not too heavy, and they are well balanced to prevent from falling off the plate. The 4 tines make these flatware forks easy to poke and pick up your fruit, salad and dessert, etc. Simple looking but classic to match or mix your existing dinnerware. It is a great addition to home kitchen, restaurant or gathering. Definitely a great value to get this modern set if you especially need small forks. ADVANTAGE High Quality - Made of high grade stainless steel, BPA free and healthy for daily use Crafted - Superb mirror finish and smooth edges, Flat handle offers a comfortable grip Versatile - Perfect for picking up fruit, salad, dessert, appetizer and more Design - Basic looking with simple style easily mix and match your existing silverware Easy Clean - Dishwasher safe makes cleaning up a breeze, easy to clean even by hand wash USING INSTRUCTING 1. Please wash the forks with warm soapy water before first using to wash off any residue left from the manufacturing process. 2. Please clean and dry the forks after using for your healthy daily use, Store in dry place for durability. Thanks for choosing LIANYU. Wish you enjoy a HEALTHY & GREEN LIFE with our products.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Salad Forks
Salad forks are designed to give the user more leverage when attempting to jab a thick piece of lettuce, or any other salad topping, such as a tomato. They are similar to dinner forks in many aspects, although they are a bit shorter. If you’re in the market for a new set of salad forks, considering the following features before you buy.
Check the salad fork’s durability first. The New Star Foodservice Salad Forks, Set of 12, for example, is made from 18/0 stainless steel. This sturdy material is made to last, won’t bend and is resistant to rust. Most salad forks made from stainless steel also don’t need to be polished.
Consider the salad fork’s design next. The Oneida Salad Forks, Set of 4 has a teardrop silhouette and an elegant curved embellishment that cuts across the fork’s handle. Other models, such as the LIANYU Salad Forks, Set of 12, are more simple and best if you need a set that will match a set of silverware you already own.
Look at the fork’s finish next. The Artaste Salad Fork, Set of 12 has a reflective mirrored finish that truly shines. This set of salad forks is also made with a thick ergonomic handle that makes it easier to hold and use the fork as intended.
DWYM Fun Fact
Did you know there are 15 different types of forks used for food, including the salad fork? Here are a few more interesting facts about the salad fork:
- When setting a table, the salad fork is to be placed to the far left before any other forks, as the salad is typically the first dish served.
- Although today the left and right prongs of a salad fork are thicker than the center prongs, some of the earliest versions only had a thicker left prong because most people were assumed to be right-handed.
The Salad Fork Buying Guide
- Although some salad forks are listed as dishwasher-safe, most of them are only safe when no harsh detergents are used. If you’d like to prolong the use of your salad forks, consider washing them by hand with a mild dish soap.
- Salad forks can double as appetizer, fruit and dessert forks in a home setting.
- An 18/0 stainless steel is actually a lower grade than the 18/8 or 18/10 stainless steel. Keep this in mind as you shop. If you spot a higher grade, you may want to pay a bit extra for the added longevity.
- Check for a warranty or a money-back guarantee. There are brands that offer these, including limited lifetime warranties that protect against defects.
- Before you compare salad fork prices, you need to consider how many forks are in each set. Divide that number by the price to get the cost of one fork. When you do this, you’ll discover that the New Star Foodservice Salad Forks, Set of 12 and the LIANYU Salad Forks, Set of 12 costs less than the Oneida Salad Forks, Set of 4 and the Artaste Salad Fork, Set of 12.