LIANLAM Shredded Bed Bamboo Cooling Adjustable Pillow
Last updated date: September 21, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Adjustable Pillows and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Adjustable Pillow you should buy.
This adjustable pillow's unique design helps improve air circulation to keep your cooler and better avoids the filling getting clumped together. It's certified for safe materials and contains memory foam filling with cooling gel. In our analysis of 73 expert reviews, the LIANLAM LIANLAM Shredded Bed Bamboo Cooling Adjustable Pillow placed 3rd when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 21, 2020:
Checkout The Best Adjustable Pillow for a detailed review of all the top adjustable pillows.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
With our premium adjustable pillow design,the shredded memory foam pillow can be adjusted very easily by you at home.With LIANLAM Pillow featured zippered inner and outer cover, you can take control of your sleep by adjusting to the ideal pillow height for your sleep position by adding or removing foam fillings.We also added extra memory foam, just in case you really like a fluffy pillow.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Adjustable Pillows
Whether you like to use different sleeping positions or have a specific complaint about your sleep, an adjustable pillow offers a more customized alternative to standard pillows. Regular pillows have some filling inside that you can’t easily change. However, adjustable pillows have a zipper that opens up an inner lining so you can either add or remove filling or inserts to suit your needs.
Unlike when buying traditional pillows, you usually don’t have to worry about seeking an adjustable pillow suitable for a specific sleeping position. Instead, the maker may pre-fill the pillow with a standard amount of stuffing for you to adjust as you need, or the pillow may come empty and ready for you to fill from the start. The amount of stuffing included can vary, so consider how fluffy or firm you want the pillow when choosing a brand.
You can find adjustable pillows in standard to king sizes. You can likely use any of these sizes if you’re the only one in a twin- to full-sized bed, but the queen and king options give you more opportunities for adjustments. Queen and king beds can accommodate two pillows of the accompanying size, while a full bed can accommodate two standard pillows.
Most adjustable pillows use a filling consisting of shredded memory foam that will adjust to your head and neck. Sometimes, manufacturers will include regular polyester stuffing as a mix with the shredded foam, or they’ll instead feature foam inserts that can be easier to work with. Having cooling gel infused in the stuffing or inserts is common as many adjustable pillows focus on keeping you cool and comfortable.
Along with considering the filling, pay attention to the pillow’s layers to find a comfortable and easy to use option. Many adjustable pillows often have a bamboo-infused soft cover that offers cooling properties and has small vents throughout that help with breathability. This cover usually is machine-washable for convenience.
There will often be an inner liner you can zip and unzip to add and remove the filling, and getting to the filling may involve an extra outer zipper too. You’ll want to choose an adjustable pillow that has a durable zipper and is easy to open and close.
DWYM Fun Fact
Pillows have come a long way from their ancient counterparts. While now you can find pillows that allow you to customize the filling inside for your best comfort, pillows used to not be comfortable at all. In fact, the first pillows came from West Asia around 9,000 years ago and were actually just hard stone. Other inventions such as wooden pillows came out, but these were more used for decoration.
It wasn’t even until the late 1700s when the average household used pillows at all for sleeping as they were considered a luxury item. Also, the Industrial Revolution at the time resulted in a need for more comfortable sleep for busy workers.
The Adjustable Pillow Buying Guide
- If you have allergies, look for an adjustable pillow labeled as hypoallergenic. Such pillows may also offer protection against dust mites.
- When filling your adjustable pillow, know some guidelines for how firm or soft to make the pillow depending on your sleeping style. If you sleep on your back, it helps to use a medium amount of filling so that your head doesn’t sit too high but your neck still gets adequate support. Side sleepers, on the other hand, benefit from more stuffing to increase firmness, while stomach sleepers can find comfort on flatter pillows.
- Getting the best level of comfort can take some trial and error when you’re using an adjustable pillow. So, you might start out with a medium level of filling and add or remove based on how your head, neck and back feel after a night of rest. You can try adding more of the filling provided if you feel that the amount used just doesn’t align your head and neck properly.
- Consider that an adjustable pillow doesn’t mean you have to have the same amount of filling throughout the whole space. You can experiment with less or more filling in certain parts of the pillow to fit your body and preferences.
- If you have used all of the adjustable pillow’s filling and haven’t reached the desired level of firmness, check with the manufacturer since some brands will send you more filling if you contact them and explain.
- Look for a brand of adjustable pillow with a removable cover if you want the easiest cleaning experience. When washing the cover, stick to a gentle detergent and closely follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Generally, try to wash the cover every couple of weeks at least.
- If you want an environmentally friendly and safe pillow, look for products that have GREENGUARD Gold certification. This indicates the pillow doesn’t have harmful materials or chemicals that could cause health issues.