LG Blu Ray Player
Last updated date: February 13, 2019
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top DVD Players and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best DVD Player you should buy.
Update as February 9, 2022:
Checkout Watch Movies In Style With The Best DVD Player for a detailed review of all the top dvd players.
In our analysis of 43 expert reviews, the LG Blu Ray Player placed 14th when we looked at the top 23 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
True 4K Ultra HD Playback with HDR— Play 4K Ultra HD movies at 4x the resolution of full 1080p HD, letting you watch your favorite scenes with a level of detail and clarity like never before. Blu-ray player– For high-definition movie playback with resolution up to 5 times greater than DVD. Watch films in stunning high-definition just like you do on the big screen.Built In VIDEO CONVERTER PAL / NTSC Works on all USA/Canada/Japan (NTSC) TVs. REALTIME built-in video converter so that you can watch your PAL DVDs on NTSC TV or your NTSC DVDs on PAL TVs. Both settings are included and you can select the type of output PAL or NTSC….connect to any TV in the world, also it is dual voltage world-wide 100~240V 50/60Hz this means that you can use it in any country on the planet 100% Guaranteed. BLU RAY A+B+C Multi Zone Region Code Free Blu Ray Player DVD Region 123456 PAL/NTSC. Multi Zone Blu Ray & Code Free DVD. 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Disc Playback HDR10-Compatible 3D Blu-Ray/ DVD Playback USB Playback 4K Resolution Upscaling Ethernet Network Connectivity Dolby Atmos Object-Based Audio Support DTS-HD Master Audio
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Our Expert Consultant
Technology and parenting blogger
Molly Thornberg is a professional writer, creative and mom to four kids, living her best life outside of Dallas, Texas. With a love for all things tech, she is passionate about helping parents raise kids in the digital age. She writes about technology, parenting and humor on her blog Digital Mom Blog.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On DVD Players
Although many consumers have given up DVD players in favor of solely streaming, true movie buffs still like to collect DVDs. There’s something about having all your movies displayed on a shelf. But even among the many cord cutters, DVD players have their benefits. Since some have streaming capabilities, they’re a handy way to access apps like Netflix and Hulu while also being around in case you ever want to rent a Redbox.
“While streaming movies and television have taken over our TVs, there is still a need for DVD players,” says our technology expert Molly Thornberg, the brains behind the parenting and technology site, Digital Mom Blog. Chances are you still have DVDs in your TV cabinet, or maybe your wedding video is on DVD.”
Today’s DVD players not only build in streaming capabilities, but they also let you play CDs. But not all players include this functionality, so it’s important to determine exactly what you plan to do before you start shopping. Some DVD players support multiple formats as well. So if you think you’ll be watching DVD-Rs or discs from other countries, you’ll need to look for a player with this type of compatibility.
For everyone, though, video and audio quality is typically a top priority. If you’ve tried to use an older DVD player with newer TVs, you may have noticed that it failed to offer the latest high-definition technology. Make sure it supports HD video streaming and, for best results, rent and buy Blu-ray versions of the movies you want to see. If you have surround sound, look for a DVD player that supports Dolby Digital Sound to ensure you get the full experience.
For some modern consumers, streaming is a prime feature when shopping for a DVD player. You may already have a device that helps you with that and, if so, it won’t be a consideration. However, if it is important, you’ll notice that not all DVD players include streaming as a feature. Of those that do, some make it easier than others. Look for features like a Netflix button on the remote and built-in Wi-Fi connectivity, which make it easy to perform a task that will likely become part of your daily life.
Thornberg also notes that some DVD players can support upconverting, which means they can convert standard definition video to a higher resolution, aka taking that SD video and making it compatible with your HDTV. She also notes that some DVD players are equipped with card readers, which is a handy feature for looking at family photos or home movies.
The DVD Player Buying Guide
- If you have an Ultra-HD TV, you’ll need to look for a DVD player that can handle it. Consider a model that offers full HD video streaming support, as well as an up-conversion option to present DVDs in 1080p. If you’re looking for the best 4K picture for Blu-ray DVDs, you can’t go wrong with a disc player that uses advanced image processing to bring top-notch video to your home screen.
- Sound is another consideration, especially if you want the true home theater experience. Some models provide high-resolution audio, while others include Dolby Digital Sound.
- If you’ll be using your new DVD player to connect to streaming apps like Netflix, consider a player that connects easily and at an extremely fast rate. You also want it to allow users to rearrange the apps on their screen.
- Consider a DVD player that offers support for a wide range of DVD types. With this type of player, you can play both standard and rewriteable DVDs and CDs, regardless of the country where they originated.
- DVD players range widely in price depending on their features. No matter your budget, you’re sure to find one that’s right for you and your needs.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide