LG 34WN80C-B 34-Inch 21:9 Curved UltraWide WQHD IPS Monitor
Last updated date: June 15, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Curved Monitors and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Curved Monitor you should buy.
Update as June 15, 2021:
Checkout The Best Curved Monitor for a detailed review of all the top curved monitors.
With this extra-wide screen, you can multitask or play games more effectively. The height and tilt of the monitor are adjustable. The monitor has USB type-C connectivity.
In our analysis of 13 expert reviews, the LG 34WN80C-B 34-Inch 21:9 Curved UltraWide WQHD IPS Monitor placed 4th when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The LG 34WN80C 21: 9 Ultra Wide curved IPS monitor is the ideal large screen monitor for work and play. The graceful curve of the monitor helps create an immersive viewing experience. Combine the elegant design with Ultra Wide Quad Definition (WQHD 3440 x 1440) picture quality and your movies, games and creative passions will seem to come to life. And when it's time multi task, the 34 inch screen, 21: 9 aspect ratio and the Screen Split 2. 0 feature, it makes viewing and working with multiple documents and sources easy. For creative professionals sRGB over 99 percent color accuracy and HDR10 compatibility will help make this curved monitor a must have to maximize creative talents. Contrast Ratio: 700:1 (Min.), 1000:1 (Typ.), Surface Treatment: Anti Glare, 3H; Pixel Pitch(mm): 0.2325 x 0.2325 millimeter, Color Depth(Number of Colors): 1.07B, Response Time (GTG): 5ms (GtG at Faster); Viewing Angle: 178°(R/L), 178°(U/D) Power Consumption (Max.): 140W; Wall Mount Size (mm) : 100 x 100 millimeter.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Curved Monitors
If you are looking for a more immersive experience with your computer monitor, consider getting a curved one. As the name suggests, a curved monitor is curved on the edges so that it takes up more of your field of view, creating a more realistic viewing experience.
Who is a curved monitor for? Anyone can use a curved monitor for work or play – it all depends on your needs. For the most part, curved monitors are preferred by those who spend a lot of time at the screen, such as serious gamers or professionals like graphic designers and engineers. If you find that you have multiple programs or windows open at the same time, a curved monitor is a good choice so you can see the information you need without having to turn your head or move windows around.
There are a number of benefits to using a curved monitor. The key differentiator is that it provides a wider field of view. As a result, you get more depth – almost like a 3D experience – minus the headaches that many people experience with 3D. Plus, the way the monitors bend reduces the amount of glare reflections. In addition, the curve of the monitor mimics your field of view so you can see more of the monitor in your periphery. This is ideal for gaming or those who require immersive visuals.
However, it’s important to be aware of the drawbacks of a curved monitor as well, because they aren’t right for everyone. In order to get the full immersive experience of a curved monitor, it needs to be a large size – at least 30 inches. For some, this can be a costly option. Plus, if you want to mount your monitor on a wall, you will have a tough time with a curved one. It doesn’t mount flush to the wall as a result of the curves, so it doesn’t have a sleek appearance. One key aspect to remember is the curved monitors only have their intended effect if you sit directly in front of the screen in the center. If you’re off to the side, even slightly, the visuals may appear distorted.
The Curved Monitor Buying Guide
- When you’re buying a monitor, curved or otherwise, be sure to consider what your main purpose is for it. For example, is it primarily for work or for playing games? This will help you determine what kind of refresh rates, response times, color accuracy and contrast you will require on the monitor.
- If you’re gaming or need high-quality visuals for work, be sure to get a high-resolution curved monitor. Opt for a 1080p monitor for high quality picture, or a QHD or 4K for the best quality.
- The refresh rate of a curved monitor is important because it is the number of times a monitor updates with new information per second. This is measured in hertz (Hz), and the bigger the number, the better the refresh rate. Opt for a monitor with at least 75Hz, especially if you’re a gamer.
- While you may want to get a curved monitor with a short response time, this isn’t a priority unless you’re using your monitor for gaming. Response time is how long it takes your monitor to change pixels from one shade to another. A longer response time means that some visuals may be a bit blurry.
- The placement of your curved monitor is key because you have to sit in the center for the optimal effect. In addition, you can have a maximum viewing distance of 1.8 meters, otherwise the visuals will not look as good.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide