LG 34WN80C-B 34-Inch 21:9 Curved UltraWide WQHD IPS Monitor
Last updated date: July 7, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as January 31, 2022:
Checkout Dominate Your Favorite Games With The Best Curved Monitor for a detailed review of all the top .
With this extra-wide screen, you can multitask or play games more effectively. The height and tilt of the monitor are adjustable. It uses USB type-C connectivity.
In our analysis of 13 expert reviews, the LG 34WN80C-B 34-Inch 21:9 Curved UltraWide WQHD IPS Monitor placed 4th when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The LG 34WN80C 21: 9 Ultra Wide curved IPS monitor is the ideal large screen monitor for work and play. The graceful curve of the monitor helps create an immersive viewing experience. Combine the elegant design with Ultra Wide Quad Definition (WQHD 3440 x 1440) picture quality and your movies, games and creative passions will seem to come to life. And when it’s time multi task, the 34 inch screen, 21: 9 aspect ratio and the Screen Split 2. 0 feature, it makes viewing and working with multiple documents and sources easy. For creative professionals sRGB over 99 percent color accuracy and HDR10 compatibility will help make this curved monitor a must have to maximize creative talents. Contrast Ratio: 700:1 (Min.), 1000:1 (Typ.), Surface Treatment: Anti Glare, 3H; Pixel Pitch(mm): 0.2325 x 0.2325 millimeter, Color Depth(Number of Colors): 1.07B, Response Time (GTG): 5ms (GtG at Faster); Viewing Angle: 178°(R/L), 178°(U/D) Power Consumption (Max.): 140W; Wall Mount Size (mm) : 100 x 100 millimeter.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
If you are looking for a more immersive experience with your computer monitor, consider getting a curved one. As the name suggests, these sleek monitors have edges that are curved inward toward the middle so that the screen takes up more of your field of view, creating a more realistic viewing experience.
Anyone can use a curved monitor for work or play — it all depends on your needs. For the most part, curved monitors are preferred by those who spend a lot of time at the screen, such as serious gamers or professionals like graphic designers and engineers. If you find that you have multiple programs or windows open at the same time, a curved monitor is a good choice so you can see the information you need without having to turn your head or constantly shift windows around.
There are a number of benefits to using a curved monitor versus a standard one. The key differentiator is that they provide a wider field of view. As a result, you get more depth — almost like a 3D experience but minus the headaches that many people experience with those. Plus, the way the monitors bend reduces the amount of glare reflections. Serious gamers love these monitors because the curve mimics your field of view, allowing you to see more of the screen in your periphery.
However, it’s important to be aware of the drawbacks of a curved monitor as well, because they aren’t right for everyone. In order to get the most immersive experience from a curved monitor, it needs to be a large size — at least 30 inches. That kind of size makes them a costly option.
Plus, if you want to mount your monitor on a wall, you will have a tough time with a curved one as they don’t mount flush to the wall like flat ones. One key aspect to remember is the curved monitors only have their intended effect if you sit directly in front of the screen in the center. If you’re off to the side, even slightly, the visuals may appear distorted.
The Buying Guide
- When you’re buying a monitor, curved or otherwise, be sure to consider what your main purpose is for it. For example, is it primarily for work or for playing games? This will help you determine what kind of refresh rates, response times, color accuracy and contrast you will require on the monitor.
- If you’re gaming or need high-quality visuals for work, be sure to get a high-resolution curved monitor. Opt for a 1080p monitor for a high-quality picture, or a QHD or 4K one for the best quality.
- The refresh rate of a curved monitor is important because it is the number of times a monitor updates with new information per second. This is measured in hertz, and the bigger the number, the better the refresh rate. Opt for a monitor with at least 75 hertz, especially if you’re a gamer.
- While you may want to get a curved monitor with a short response time, this isn’t a priority unless you’re using your monitor for gaming. Response time is how long it takes your monitor to change pixels from one shade to another. A longer response time means that some visuals may be a bit blurry.
- The placement of your curved monitor is key because you have to sit in the center for the optimal effect. In addition, you can have a maximum viewing distance of 1.8 meters, which converts to just under 6 feet, otherwise the visuals will not look as good.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide