LEVOIT Touch Dimmer Himalayan Salt Lamp
Last updated date: May 28, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Salt Lamps and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Salt Lamp you should buy.
Update as May 28, 2021:
Checkout The Best Salt Lamp for a detailed review of all the top salt lamps.
Instead of a bright nightlight, opt for this soft-glowing salt lamp instead. The dim color is both soothing and relaxing, making it a breeze to fall asleep after a long day at the office. The salt block sits atop a rubber wood base that happens to be 100% natural and resistant to termites.
In our analysis of 45 expert reviews, the LEVOIT Touch Dimmer Himalayan Salt Lamp placed 2nd when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
AUTHENTIC HIMALAYAN SALT LAMP. Every Levoit himalayan salt rock is hand made from Pakistan, it's 100% pure and of the highest quality. For their hand-carved nature and natural variation in Himalayan salt, every lamp may vary in size,color and shape. PERFECT GIFT CHOICE. Come with beautiful red gift box, Levoit kana salt lamps are thoughtful gifts for your loved ones,especially for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Mother's/Father's Day, Bithday, Anniversary, and other Holidays. LARGER SIZE FOR ANY SPACE. With 4-8 pounds weight, Levoit salt lamp is your perfect choice to light up your room. Its warm, amber glow is perfect for any space at home and office. Ideal on a coffee table, nightstand. Great as a night light. NICE RELAXING AMBIANCE. It’s certain to brighten the mood in any room and add a beautiful warm ambience to relax. Bath your room in soothing amber glow. Great for sleep/yoga/meditation. SAFER AND ADJUSTABLE. The unique touch-dimmer switch allows you to adjust the lamp's brightness freely,certified by ETL,FCC,CE and RoHS,Levoit Kana salt lamps are safer than other none certified salt lamps while using. 2 EXTRA BULBS. Package come with 2 extra original 15-Watt bulbs,it is convenient for you to change bulbs whenever you need.(additional replacement bulbs are available for separate purchase as needed; search “Levoit light bulbs”). NICE STURDY BASE. The kana’s stylish, well-polished rubber wood base is non-toxic,100% natural,and sits stably atop furniture. It’s more durable and termite-resistant,and will last longer than other wooden materials. NOTE. Due to its hygroscopic nature, salt lamps tend to sweat and appear wet in humid climates.To avoid water dripping on furniture, you‘d better put it on a placemat or small plate.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Salt Lamps
If you’ve stepped into a day spa or visited a very zen friend over the past year or two, you may have noticed a new decor trend: Himalayan salt lamps. The ubiquitous amber accessories have skyrocketed in popularity, thanks to their relaxing vibe and anecdotal health benefits.
Himalayan salt lamps aren’t actually orange. They’re made by placing a light bulb inside chunks of pink Himalayan salt, which gets its shade from minerals present in the salt. The light from the bulb inside gives the pink salt chunks a soothing orange hue that lightens the mood in any room.
“True” Himalayan salt lamps are crafted with salt sourced from mines in Pakistan. Several of our top picks have certified salt from Pakistan, including the Spantik Wood Base Himalayan Salt Lamp. The lamps usually sit on striking wooden bases, like the LEVOIT Touch Dimmer Himalayan Salt Lamp. But some options use stainless steel bases.
You can achieve your ideal level of relaxing light with a dimmer switch on lamps. Most options are also available in multiple sizes. Some lamps come in packs of two so you can add various sized lamps and a range of illumination to any corner of a room.
Some people buy Himalayan salt lamps because of their purported health benefits. Himalayan salt may release negative ions into the air, which is the same process used by commercial purifiers to help you breathe cleaner air. While there are no scientifically backed studies affirming that Himalayan salt lamps can release enough ions to purify your air, their beautiful glow definitely brings a calming vibe into your home.
The Salt Lamp Buying Guide
- Before you buy your Himalayan salt lamp, consider where you’ll be using it. Do you want a lamp that emits a relaxing glow in your bedroom, or are you looking to create a more laid-back office environment? If you’re invested in a single salt lamp for your home, a hefty pick that’s an impressive 8 to 11 pounds is worth a look. These are not exactly travel-friendly, but most will emit a strong amber hue. Other lamps weigh 6 to 7 pounds and comes in packs of two, so you can bring one lightweight lamp to the office and keep another at home.
- If you want to use your salt lamp at night, you might nod off in its dreamy glow. An auto shut-off feature can prevent burns or electrical issues.
- Do you have young children or rambunctious pets in your household? If you do, you’ll want to keep your salt lamp on a higher shelf so it doesn’t get knocked over and break. You’ll also want to keep the cord out of sight so that kids don’t trip over it and animals don’t treat it like a chew toy.
- Take a look at what kind of bulb your lamp requires before you buy it. This will save you some time and effort when you need to buy replacement bulbs. Many models require 15-watt E12 bulbs. However, other lamps may use different styles of light bulbs. For example, some use a B15 bulb that can accommodate up to 25 watts of power.
- Scope out the walls in your room to determine where your power outlets are located. This can help you figure out the proper cord length for your salt lamp. Most salt lamps are not recommended for use with extension cords. That means you’ll either need to place your lamp very close to a power outlet, or you’ll need to buy one with a longer cord.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide