LETION 500LM LED Waterproof Flashlight Torch 2-In-1 UV Light
Last updated date: August 31, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top UV Lights and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best UV Light you should buy.
Editor's Note August 31, 2020:
Checkout The Best UV Light for a detailed review of all the top uv lights.
You can adjust and control the field of view to light up small or large areas. This flashlight helps you to see pet stains, counterfeit bills and fungi in food. It is lightweight and easily portable.
In our analysis of 23 expert reviews, the LETION LETION LED Waterproof Flashlight 2-In-1 UV Light placed 3rd when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
UV flashlight can easily find pet stains. It can detect fungi in food and check if bills and banknotes have been counterfeited, which can help with antique appraisals. LED lighting is a combination of white and purple light. This product can be used for lighting or object detection. In addition, depending on the situation, you can easily and quickly switch between the four lighting modes using the power switch. High white light-Low white light-SOS-High UV light. Our 2in1 LED flashlight can adjust and control the field of view. By rotating the product body, circular floodlights are selected and used for large area lighting. Or use a glare spotlight for long-distance observation. The flashlight is made of durable aluminum alloy material and has waterproof IPX 4 function. It is 13 cm long and weighs about 150 g. Applicable for everyday use, for example: camping, hiking, night fishing. It can be used in wet or light rain. Do not put the UV flashlight directly into water or other liquids; need 3 AAA batteries. If you have any concerns about the product, feel free to contact our service team. We will assume full responsibility within one year.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On UV Lights
If you’ve ever wanted to see more than you can with the naked eye, a UV light can help. UV, which stands for ultraviolet, is a kind of radiation or light energy. This type of light is not visible to humans. However, when a UV light comes into contact with certain elements, such as paint, minerals, dyes and bodily fluids, it begins to fluorescence. This means that the UV lights help to detect these elements.
A UV light often looks like a regular flashlight that emits white light. However, instead of emitting the standard light you’d use when you can’t see in the dark, this kind of light uses ultraviolet light from LED technology.
Be sure to get a UV light that has the correct wavelength for what you need it for. Similar to visible light, UV light is measured on a wavelength in nanometers. Not all UV lights can induce fluorescence. If that is your goal, you will need a UV light that emits at 400 nanometers or below. Keep in mind that if you purchase a UV light with the wrong wavelength, you may not be able to illuminate the things you want to see with the light. A wavelength of around 360 or 365 nanometers is recommended.
What can you use a UV light for? There are a number of reasons why you may need to see more than meets the eye. A UV light can help you spot counterfeit bills, find bodily fluid stains, inspect minerals and gemstones, and look for certain insects and reptiles.
The UV Light Buying Guide
- The main element you want to look at is the wavelength of a UV light. If the light is not emitting at the right wavelength, then it will not illuminate the invisible elements you want to see. Be sure to check for the nanometers of the UV light’s wavelengths, and opt for one that is below 400 nm.
- Consider how you want to use the UV light and select one that is designed specifically for that use. Pet owners may want to get one that illuminates animal urine, saliva or other invisible stains so that they can clean them properly. Those who are interested in disinfecting a small space can also use a powerful UV light to do the job, which is specifically designed to sterilize an environment with ultraviolet light.
- Be aware of the power source of the UV light you’re interested in, as this can be an added expense. Many UV lights run on AA or AAA batteries, which are sometimes included with the package. Other times, you will need to purchase your own batteries. You can also find UV lights that are powered by electricity, and come with a power cord and remote control.
- Consider the modes of light that the UV light can emit. In some UV lights, there is only one setting, while in others you can find multiple modes such as strobe and high or low settings. In some UV lights, you can adjust the field of view by widening or narrowing the lights.
- If you want to use your UV light outdoors, consider portability as a purchasing factor. The UV light should be lightweight and small in size so it’s easy to slip into a bag or purse and take with you wherever you need to go.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide