Lentta Men’s Casual Slim Lightweight Softshell Jacket
Last updated: August 25, 2021
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Softshell Jackets For Men and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Softshell Jacket For Men you should buy.
In our analysis of 8 expert reviews, the Lentta Men's Casual Slim Lightweight Softshell Jacket placed 6th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Spring autumn fall light slim fit casual sportswear windproof baseball jacket coat. Long sleeve, round neck, stand collar, ribbed hem collar and cuffs, solid color. Fabric: Polyester/ Machine Wash. Zip up closure. Two side zipper pockets, one inside pocket.
Softshell Jacket For Men Rankings
Softshell jackets are made from woven materials like polyester, and they are good for light warmth and wind protection. They are soft to the touch when compared to hardshell jackets, which are stiffer. Some softshells are completely waterproof, while others may only be water-resistant. This means that you may get a little wet when wearing them if it is raining or snowing outside.
These lightweight jackets often have different kinds of linings, depending on the brand and price point. If you want to be warmer when you wear a softshell jacket, opt for one that has a fleece lining. Keep in mind that this will make it less resistant to water than coats made of some other materials, though.
Stretch-woven softshells may have the word “breathable” in their descriptions. These materials do prevent overheating, and they feel more comfortable when it is warmer out. They are great for aerobic activities like hiking, bicycling and running because they wick moisture away from the body. These jackets may or may not be as water-resistant as others.
“Membrane” softshells are more waterproof since they have waterproof membranes between their fabric layers. They may feel heavier, and they work well when you want more protection from outdoor elements. The only way to have 100% waterproofing is to have taped seams since moisture can enter through stitched seams.
When a jacket is completely waterproof, it will compensate for that with less breathability. This is important to know, because if it is raining and it is hot out, you may be pretty uncomfortable. These jackets are good to wear in rain, snow and situations where you will not be moving around a lot.
Always check your jacket’s label before washing. Most will be machine-washable but may need to be washed in specific ways. Be extra careful if the jacket is waterproof, as these garments may require extra-special care.
- If you want to wear your softshell jacket in the rain, search for one that is 100% waterproof. Remember, water-repellent or water-resistant outerwear may not keep you completely dry.
- A removable hood is a good feature to have in a jacket since it gives you two different looks.
- Softshell jackets can be quite affordable, so if you are very active, you could consider picking up several: one best suited for the rain, one to keep warm and another as a backup on hiking or camping trips.
- Get stretch-woven softshells for fair weather activities, or layer them under heavier jackets.
- Check the technical specifications on the jackets you are considering. This will let you know how waterproof they are and what temperatures you can expect to use them in comfortably.