Lenovo Flex 5 Personal 2-In-1 Chromebook, 13-Inch
Last updated date: January 5, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Chromebooks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Chromebook you should buy.
Update as January 5, 2022:
Checkout The Best Chromebook for a detailed review of all the top chromebooks.
Whether you need a Chromebook for business or school, this model is an excellent choice. The 10th generation InteI Core processors keep the machine running without interruption. There's a built-in webcam for online meetings and access to the Cloud for all of your important documents and files.
In our analysis of 63 expert reviews, the Lenovo Flex 5 Personal 2-In-1 Chromebook, 13-Inch placed 5th when we looked at the top 18 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
With the Lenovo Chromebook Flex 5 laptop, you’ll enjoy more productivity with less complexity! This 13-inch Chromebook, powered by 10th Generation Intel® Core™ i3 processors, boasts up to 10 hours of battery life to let you get things done quickly and easily with all your favorite Chromebook features. Powered by Chrome OS and designed to integrate easily with your Google account, just turn it on, log in, and you have access to all your shared files, photos, music, and documents! Of course, productivity is about more than efficiency – it’s also about safety. This touchscreen Chromebook updates automatically every six weeks to help protect you from online threats. Plus, the verified boot process looks for malicious changes that might put your data in danger, whether you’re working from home or out in the world. Combine that with a battery that lasts up to 10 hours, and you’ll always be ready. A great Chromebook for college, work from home, or everyday entertainment, the Chromebook Flex 5 delivers the immersive experience you’re looking for. User-facing dual speakers and an LCD w/LED backlight (anti-glare) display in full HD, coupled with narrow bezels to minimize screen clutter, let you enjoy streaming video, movies, and more in crisp, clear, and vibrant detail. Fun and intuitive, this touchscreen Chromebook makes it easy to access everything you need; it’s also digital pen compatible (digital pen sold separately), so you can write, draw, or drag files with ease. With its convertible laptop design, you can just flip the screen around on its 360° hinge to find the position that’s most comfortable for you: Laptop mode, tablet mode, tent mode, and more! Battery life based on testing with PLT (power load test). Battery life varies significantly with settings, usage, and other factors.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Chromebooks
Tired of your old and heavy laptop? Is your desktop computer slowing down and out-of-date? It may be time to get yourself a Chromebook laptop. Chromebooks are light, portable and won’t drain your bank account. Chromebooks are different from your typical laptop computers that run Windows or Mac operating systems. Chromebooks use Google’s Chrome OS, which was created from the Linux operating system. Chrome OS differentiates itself from the competition by running only web-based applications.
Chromebooks hit the market in 2011 and have continued to grow in popularity today as a popular choice in schools across the country.
Chromebooks tend to be lighter and have better battery life than other laptops. While a Chromebook can’t do everything, it’s a good option if you plan to use your computer to browse social media, watch shows on Netflix or Hulu and use the stable of Google applications like Gmail, Google Docs and Google Drive.
Chromebooks also tend to be safer than other computers. Thanks to Chrome OS, Chromebooks are less susceptible to viruses than computers that run Windows or Mac operating systems.
Unlike other laptops, when you start up a Chromebook, the only app that you will see is the Google Chrome web browser. Chromebooks rely on the internet because they function with Google’s web-based applications. When you go with Chromebooks with a 32 GB hard drive, the bulk of your storage space will exist in the cloud on Google Drive. This is one of the great benefits of Chrome OS and the cloud because you will be able to access all of your documents on any computer with internet access. Just log into your Google account and you can view and edit any of your documents or emails.
If you are looking for a lightweight laptop that has fast boot times (on average, just 8 seconds), is optimized for Google apps, has a long battery life and is easy to use, then a Chromebook may be right for you.
The Chromebook Buying Guide
- Google’s Chrome OS is based on Linux’s operating system, allowing Chromebooks to run Linux applications.
- Chromebooks have become the go-to laptop for schools across the country. As of January 2018, more than 25 million students and teachers use Chromebooks in the classroom. The affordable price point is the main reason why this product has become so popular in school. But the price isn’t the only advantage of having a Chromebook in the classroom. Chromebooks are also very secure and school administrators can make sure they prevent students from visiting websites that are inappropriate for the classroom. Chromebooks also work with Google’s educational suite of apps.
- Chromebooks have always been able to run Google applications, but starting with 2017 models, Chromebooks began having the functionality to run Android applications as well. The result: Chromebooks can now run more than a million additional apps, helping to increase their popularity. Chromebooks can run more apps than any other device.
- The Google Pixelbook is the first Chromebook to come installed with Google Assistant. Like Amazon’s Alexa or Apple’s Siri, Google Pixelbook allows you to talk directly to your laptop and ask questions to Google Assistant. You can also tap a key on your keyboard to activate Google Assistant and type your question in an on-screen chat window. You can also control your music and videos by talking to Google Assistant.
- While Chromebooks work best when they are connected to the internet, more than 200 apps exist that work while offline. Applications like Gmail, Pocket and Google Drive can all be used without an internet connection. The offline apps will automatically sync up and save to the cloud once an internet connection returns.
- Chromebooks are known for being lightweight — most are under 3 pounds. They also tend to have long battery life. Most Chromebooks can run for an entire day before needing a charge. Some models have a battery life of just 12 hours, so you’ll want to determine how much time you need before purchasing.
- While Chromebooks aren’t known for coming with large hard drives, there are models that come with 32 GB hard drives. Plus, you can still get two years of 100 GB Google Drive cloud storage for free with a new purchase of a Chromebook.
- Making a laptop that you won’t have to worry about your kid dropping on the floor isn’t easy. But that is exactly what some Chromebooks have done (another reason why these devices are so popular in schools). They are put through a series of military-grade durability tests, so know they will stand up under pressure. Some have a water-resistant keyboard. Other models are temperature-resistant. If durability is one of your top priorities, a Chromebook should be at the top of your list.
- Chromebooks may not be the laptop for you if your main priority for a computer is gaming. While a Chromebook provides a lot of great advantages, playing PC games isn’t one of them.
- The monitors of Chromebooks typically range from 11 inches to 13 inches. You can find a slightly larger screen, but these tend to top out at 14 inches. You’ll want to consider how important screen size is to you before making a purchasing decision.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide