Leick Furniture Favorite Finds Bedroom Nightstand
Last updated date: August 3, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bedroom Nightstands and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bedroom Nightstand you should buy.
Made of a mix of oak and ash shades, this wooden nightstand requires minimal assembly. You get a top drawer featuring a triangular pull along with a bottom shelf. This durable nightstand works great for smaller spaces like apartments. In our analysis of 17 expert reviews, the Leick Furniture Leick Furniture Favorite Finds Bedroom Nightstand placed 4th when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note August 3, 2020:
Checkout The Best Bedroom Nightstand for a detailed review of all the top bedroom nightstands.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Canted legs and wedge corbels add a crisp edge to mission styling in this compact apartment/condo scaled night stand. Built of all solid wood and finished to hand-rubbed durability, the pyramid shape of this lovely night stand will be adding to the beauty of your home for many years to come.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bedroom Nightstands
A nightstand functions as both an aesthetic accessory to put alongside your bed and as a place to conveniently store important items. Usually featuring a solid top and one or more drawers or shelves, a nightstand makes it easy to have your alarm clock, glasses, medications, phone, books and other important items in a convenient place. It can also provide a place to help declutter the bedroom.
Examine the nightstand’s style and color to determine if it fits in well with your other bedroom furniture. If your bedroom has handcrafted wooden furniture, you’ll find that a solid wooden design like what Casual Home offers blends in well for a classic look. Bedrooms with modern furniture made of steel or featuring brighter colors can work well with a compact metal or a sleek glass nightstand.
You’ll want to think about the nightstand’s size so that it both fits in your space and is easy to reach from your bed. As a rule of thumb, stick to a nightstand about as tall as your mattress’s top so that you can easily reach items. Measure the space beside your bed and leave a few extra inches on both sides to make sure you find a nightstand with an appropriate width.
Keep your storage needs in mind as well. While you can easily find a simple nightstand that will hold a few key items on top, you can find plenty of models with several drawers or shelves if you need them. Some nightstands will feature deeper drawers you can use to store clothing.
Don’t forget about the nightstand’s sturdiness. While you may not need something heavy-duty to hold an alarm clock and phone, storing books or supporting a lamp will mean you need a durable model. Check the materials making up the nightstand along with the weight limits for the unit and compartments to make sure you get enough stability for your needs.
If you plan to use your nightstand as a place to charge gadgets overnight, know that some models offer handy charging stations that make this easier. For example, Brightech Madison’s model has a USB port along with a built-in lamp so that you can charge your phone and see to read at night.
DWYM Fun Fact
You’ll be surprised to know that the bedside table where you might place your phone, glasses or alarm clock once had an even more important use. Early nightstands from the 19th century actually featured a commode that typically pulled out discretely from a bottom drawer.
Back in those days, many people didn’t have indoor toilets that they could flush like we do now. So, a nightstand provided a convenient place to use the bathroom so that people didn’t have to make the trip outside in the middle of the night.
Despite the different use, these antique nightstands usually still had a handy drawer and top to store important items like the modern version does.
The Bedroom Nightstand Buying Guide
- Since nightstands often come unassembled, take a look at the instructions beforehand if possible. This can help you save headaches that could happen if you buy a model that is tricky to assemble or requires extra help you might not have. You can often find these on the manufacturer’s website.
- To prevent yourself from bumping into your nightstand in the dark, avoid placing it too close to your bed. Generally, you’ll want to leave a few inches of space between the bed and nightstand. Also, consider your walking path out of your bed so that you place the nightstand far enough back to the wall.
- If you purchased your bedroom furniture as part of a set, check whether the manufacturer has a matching nightstand available to save some time looking for a good match. Of course, you can still always consider a similar style that will complement your existing furniture.
- When considering nightstand materials, it helps to think about your cleaning preferences. If you’d rather not spend time polishing wood, you can clean glass and metal nightstands with a simple spray and wipe. In any case, dust your nightstand with a soft cloth regularly and try to give it a good clean every few weeks or as often as needed.
- If you’ll use the nightstand’s shelves or drawers for heavy items, distribute the weight evenly to prevent damage. Having too much weight on top versus bottom comes with the safety risk of the nightstand potentially tipping over.
- You have plenty of ways to spice up your nightstand if you find it too plain. Adding a decorative lamp, some candles, a few pictures, or a small plant can turn a simple nightstand into a sophisticated addition to your bedroom. For more functionality, you could even put a mirror on the wall behind the nightstand.