LEGO Recreational Vehicle City Sets, 190-Piece
Last updated date: October 5, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top LEGO City Sets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best LEGO City Set you should buy.
Update as October 5, 2021:
Checkout The Best Lego City Sets for a detailed review of all the top lego city sets.
For the child who enjoys the great outdoors, this Lego City camper van kit includes a classic-style RV and mini-figures. You'll get a mom, dad and baby to create realistic camping scenarios. The interior of the RV is fully furnished, packing in a kitchenette with a table, as well as a sleeping area. The side panel opens and the top comes out to give your child easy access to the interior while playing.
In our analysis, the LEGO LEGO Recreational Vehicle City Sets, 190-Piece placed 2nd when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Boys and girls can travel wherever their imaginations take them with this LEGO City Holiday Camper Van (60283) playset. The toy RV is packed with realistic features for imaginative role play, including a furnished interior with kitchenette and sleeping facilities. And with mom and dad minifigures and a cute baby figure, the scene is set for endless family camping adventures. This toy playset comes with a simple, printed building guide and Instructions PLUS. Part of the free LEGO Building Instructions app for smartphones and tablets, this interactive construction guide, with zoom and rotate viewing tools, really does make LEGO building child’s play! LEGO City Great Vehicles building sets make great gifts for boys and girls. Children get to explore all kinds of cool vehicles and create stories and scenarios that depict real life in a fun and exciting way.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On LEGO City Sets
Lego has done a great job of evolving over the years. Although you can still stack basic bricks together to create buildings, the toy manufacturer now offers many other options that allow kids and adults to express their creativity. You can purchase buildings, vehicles and accessories that will let you create entire cities.
That’s where Lego City sets come in. With a Lego City set, you get a scenario straight out of city life. This doesn’t just mean skyscrapers, either. Lego City sets can range from fire stations to airports to space exploration. Each set includes everything you need to start playing.
But there are some things to consider if you’re shopping for a Lego set. First, it’s important to pay close attention to the age recommendation. The Lego City line can include small parts, especially with the accessories. Many sets are recommended for ages five and up, due to the choking hazard these items can present.
Lego City sets usually come with a large building or vehicle that serves as the centerpiece. Some come with multiple buildings or sections that join together. These are often in one big piece with little assembly required, so your kids won’t have to worry about connecting bricks to make the building. You’ll have a head start on playtime right out of the box.
You’ll also often get smaller vehicles or tools that are designed to match the main building. Many Lego sets now also include mini-figures. This is Lego’s name for the miniature people and pets that populate many sets. In addition to being sold as parts of sets, you can also purchase mini-figures in mystery bags or in bins at a Lego store. They can become collectibles, especially if you have rare ones that came as part of a now-discontinued set.
Speaking of collectibles, Lego City sets may become collector’s items, too. But one of the best things about these sets is that they encourage young children to learn about building and creating. Kids can even build up multiple sets from the collection to create a large city in their own bedroom.
One of the best things about Lego’s sets, though, is that you can buy accessories to make the town even more fun. You can purchase food, flora and sports accessories, among many other things. Keep an eye on Lego’s website for information about new releases.
The LEGO City Set Buying Guide
- Lego is no longer aimed only at children. Many adults find building things with Lego bricks is a great way to relax and some sets are made specifically for adults.
- Each Lego set will state how many pieces are inside the box. This will show you the value you’re getting for your money. You can also typically see the items included in the photo on the box.
- Different Lego sets are better for different age groups. Lego sets get more sophisticated for older children. There are also Lego sets that are geared toward children under the age of five if you want your toddlers to join in on the fun. Lego’s brand for the youngest kids is Duplo.
- If you need a way to liven up bath time, consider the ocean-themed Lego City set. This set features an ocean vessel that actually floats, along with a shark cage you can lower into the water.
- It can be easy to lose some of the accessories, so you may want to invest in a bag to store everything in between uses. Lego sells storage bags in a wide range of sizes, but a standard storage bag will do the same job.
- Look carefully at what’s included in your set. Some sets have actual functioning parts, such as emergency vehicles with working lights and sounds, which might require separately sold batteries.
- Younger children might not yet know the type of Lego set they want. This provides a great opportunity to try out various interests. As children get older, though, they’ll inevitably gravitate toward Lego sets that fit their interests. Some children prefer aviation-related toys, for instance, while others will steer toward buildings, cars or settings from pop culture.
- Licensed sets will cost more than general Lego City sets. Anything branded with movie themes, for instance, will likely cost more due to the licensing fees related to them.
- There are websites where you can find replacement bricks or accessories you need to enhance your city. Some have been discontinued, so you won’t find them on the official Lego site or in any Lego store.
- If you need a replacement part, you may be asked for a set number. There’s a number on your box and on the instructions that’s between five and seven digits long. Older sets had set numbers that were only three digits long. Jot this information down before you discard the box and/or instructions to make sure you’ll have it if you ever need it. If you can’t find a set number, you can typically look it up online, especially if the set hasn’t been discontinued yet.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide